Cardinal Cupich Under Investigation for Withholding Bernardin Documents

Started by mikemac, June 21, 2019, 10:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemac

https://onepeterfive.com/explosive-dossier-cardinal-cupich-under-investigation/

QuoteExplosive Dossier: Cardinal Cupich Under Investigation for Withholding Bernardin Documents

Marco Tosatti   June 21, 2019

Editor's note: the following article from Marco Tosatti originally appeared today in Italian at La Nuova Bussola Quotidiana, and has been translated for us by Giuseppe Pellegrino. It summarizes the story released earlier this week by Church Militant about documents obtained from secret Chicago diocesan archives pertaining to the late Cardinal Joseph Bernardin's alleged sexual abuse — some of it reportedly Satanic in nature — and the fact that Cardinal Blase Cupich failed to turn  this documentation over to law enforcement.

Not specifically mentioned in Tosatti's piece or the original story from Church Militant is that some of the events described in the newly-discovered documents appear to validate the story of "Agnes," the young girl who was allegedly ritually raped by a priest in a Satanic ceremony in South Carolina as depicted in the opening of Malachi Martin's famous "non-fiction novel", Windswept House. Bernardin has long been rumored to have been the perpetrator of this crime, and while the events as portrayed in Windswept House have been described as sensationalized, this article written decades ago by Stephen Brady of Roman Catholic Faithful (and reprinted by 1P5 contributor Matt C. Abbott at Renew America last year) takes an in-depth look at what is alleged to have happened, including reported testimony from "Agnes." Another piece by the late Paul Likoudis, former editor of The Wanderer, and also reprinted by Abbott, explores more of the accusations against Bernardin and his associates. Both are worth consideration in light of what you are about to read.

A Series of Documents Reveals That Cardinal Joseph Bernardin, Star of the Progressive American Church, Committed Sexual Abuse of a Minor Which Included Satanic Profanation of the Eucharist, and that Cardinal Cupich Covered Up The Facts.

Church Militant, an American website that is very active in the battle for a more transparent Church, has received from unknown sources within the Archdiocese of Chicago a dossier of letters and other documents which, among other things, reveal very serious accusations against the deceased Cardinal Archbishop of Chicago, Joseph Bernardin (1928-1996). In addition, these documents place the present Cardinal Archbishop, Blase Cupich, in an extremely difficult position before the civil authorities.

Among other things, according to Church Militant, the cardinal – who was named to this position thanks to the help of Cardinal Maradiaga on the advice of ex-cardinal McCarrick – is already under investigation by law enforcement. Cupich, as our readers will recall, was chosen by the Pope to be in charge of the bishops' summit on abuse which was held at the Vatican last February, bypassing the one who should have been the natural candidate for that position, Cardinal Sean O'Malley.

Church Militant shows several of the documents related to this new bomb in a video which is visible at this link.

According to Michael Voris, Church Militant received this explosive dossier from persons inside the Archdiocese of Chicago who are nauseated by the climate of coverup and complicity. The correspondence is kept in a vault at the Archdiocesan offices. And Church Militant has learned that Archbishop Cupich is under investigation by state and federal authorities because he failed to reveal these facts.

The dossier includes letters, various correspondence, email, and reports which reveal that Bernardin abused both minors as well as adult males. The principal focus of the documents covers the years 1993 to 1995, but the first accusation comes from 1957, when Bernardin was a young priest of the Diocese of Charleston, South Carolina. Five years after his ordination, he is said to have sexually abused a female minor at St. Mary parish in Greenville. In addition to Bernardin, it is alleged that future bishop John J. Russell (1897-1993) also participated. The abuse, according to the accusation, was part of a Satanic rite which included the profanation of the Eucharist.

Many years later, in 1993, the victim contacted the Archdiocese of Chicago by phone and letter, wanting to denounce the facts of what had happened many years earlier. The documents obtained by Church Militant reveal that the Archdiocese of Chicago, the Pro-Nuncio to the United States (Archbishop Cacciavillan), and the Vatican Secretary of State were informed of the abuse. But it does not seem that there was ever an investigation, even just for the purpose of evaluating the merit of the case.

Church Militant is in possession of copies of letters and of the acknowledgement of receipt signed by an official of the Archdiocese on April 8, 1993. The victim also wrote a long letter to Bernardin, stating her accusations and asking him to publicly admit his transgressions and to repent.

The victim also wrote twice to Rome, to Pope John Paul II. She received a reply acknowledging her letter dated September 4, 1993, signed by Monsignor Leonardo Sandri who was at that time the Assessor of the Secretary of State. It is not known if the Polish Pope was ever informed of the nature of the accusations.

The victim, not succeeding in finding a satisfying response in Chicago, wrote twice to the Congregation for Bishops, and then in 1995 she went to Rome herself. As is evidenced by the documentation of the letter sent to her by the Pro-Nuncio, the correspondence on this matter was given a protocol number by the Secretary of State, number 17.598. It is probable that the accusations were not judged to be credible, but nowhere does it appear that there a request or a process of any sort to ascertain the facts. Such an investigation would have had to have Roman input or approval since the one accused was an archbishop and a cardinal. According to what is understood, and according to what the victim declares in one of her letters, the Archdiocese of Chicago attempted to question her in such a way that it would find out exactly what she knew and relate this information to Cardinal Bernardin.

All of this documentation was contained in the secret dossier of the Archdiocese, yet it was not handed over to the Attorney General of Illinois, Lisa Madigan, despite the affirmation of Cardinal Cupich that the Archdiocese was fully cooperating with the investigation by the State of Illinois. Last December, Madigan's office amazed everybody when it declared that the bishops of Illinois, including Cupich, had not handed over – deliberately – the documentation and names of over 500 priests accused of abuse.

According to Church Militant, officials are now examining accusations linked directly to the actions of Cupich in Chicago, regarding misappropriation of funds and corruption. According to what Lisa Madigan said at the time,

"By choosing not to thoroughly investigate allegations, the Catholic Church has failed in its moral obligation to provide survivors, parishioners and the public a complete and accurate accounting of all sexually inappropriate behavior involving priests in Illinois."

Now Cardinal Cupich finds himself faced with no simple dilemma: either he hands over the documents which Church Militant has copies of, or else he must face the accusation of destruction of evidence, because these documents existed at one time. Last month, Church Militant sent Cupich a series of questions relating to the documents it had received, but there was no response.

But this dossier, which displays the deliberate intention on the part of the Archdiocese of Chicago to "cover" for the one who has always been considered an icon of the progressive American Church, Joseph Bernardin, is not the only one. Church Militant says that it now possesses a large number of documents and other information regarding Bernardin, including accusations of sexual crimes. As Michael Voris comments: "The Church in America as now constituted was engineered and designed and brought into existence by –  not one (McCarrick) – but two homosexual predators who advanced the careers of multiple bishops who are still currently serving in senior posts." And Voris promises more revelations shortly.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Gerard

I guess a lot of people who relentlessly trashed Malachi Martin over the years for writing about "Agnes" and daring to suggest such a thing could happen in the Church will be posting apologies in the next few days. 

Sempronius

Quote from: Gerard on June 21, 2019, 11:37:20 PM
I guess a lot of people who relentlessly trashed Malachi Martin over the years for writing about "Agnes" and daring to suggest such a thing could happen in the Church will be posting apologies in the next few days.

One reader at 1P5 argues that it may be a bad move to include the Agnes story because its hard to verify it.

Here is his comment copied from the comment section:

Dear Mr. Marco Tosatti, and Mr. Steve Skojec, thank you for the article. I've been reading as many articles on the subject as I can find, and so far, this one presents more concisely, and without any predilection to obsess over the more salacious content from the original article by Church Militant. I have not commented here or on Church Militant's article right away, because I wanted to look into the matter more, and think it over.

And now that I have had time to read widely, and think carefully, I would like to offer my observation that this sudden, and as you say, 'explosive' dossier arriving at the door of Church Militant smells bad -- and I'm not talking about the smoke of "Ol' Split-foot" around the sanctuary. I smell a rat.

It is important that, before I say more, I want to make it plain that I am NOT calling into question the journalistic integrity of you gentlemen, nor of the staff at Church Militant. I am commenting here with the intention of supporting your efforts in this regard, and I offer only points for your careful consideration.

After twenty years as a soldier, I struggle with cynicism and agnosticism. A lot of things I lived through have coloured my world-view, um, darkly ... and I struggle with it. However, I believe - this time - that how I view the world may be handy here as a better way to view some truths in this matter that are at risk of being obscured, or even buried without due attention.

Do I believe Cupich and Bernardin have done evil things? Yes I do, and likely, so do you and most people who read this website's articles. Even saying that though, I believe we can all agree that we would like to see people like these evil-doers in front of a court, with evidence, witnesses, depositions and considered opinions -- in other words, we want justice.

Now that being said, what exactly is my problem, and why do I smell a rat?

The timing is one. Church Militant begins their article with the note that June 20th 2019 marks the one year anniversary of the revelations about the recently laicized Theodore McCarrick. Out of the blue, after all these years, somebody drops a packet of literary bombs on a traditional Catholic paper, anonymously, claiming position as an employee of the archdiocese with privileged access to records and now suffering remorse and an attack of conscience... but only now, after many years, and only anonymously.

Next point -- my main one -- is that after all these years, the story of "Agnes" from Malachi Martin's book Vatican is back, and everybody wants to talk about it again. As you said, the focus of the documents is from 1993 to 1995, and that they seem to implicate Cardinal Benardin as the priest responsible for what is alleged to have happened to Agnes in 1957, in South Carolina. They go on to present documentation of the steps the victim took as an adult to find justice.

Because these documents have laid so long in a secret archive in Chicago, they seem to have a patina of truthfulness to them. But are they? Or, to put the question better, are they all truthful, mostly truthful, or partly truthful? Do they reveal evidence, or just imply evidence?

Why does the Agnes story bother me more than all the rest of the article? First, because the story cannot be properly understood without remembering that Malachi Martin first brought it to the attention of the public as a novel two years after the death of Cardinal Bernardin. Second, he did so near the end of a terrible period of time, when the public were still in the grip of a mania about murderous, raping satanic cults. Martin didn't start the mania, but he sure didn't do much to stop it by publishing Vatican and his earlier book, Hostage To The Devil.

Do you know of the book that started the frenzy? It was called Michelle Remembers, first published in 1980 and written by Lawrence Pazder and Michelle Smith. My family and I were living in Chilliwack, on the mainland and not far from Victoria, British Columbia where the events written in the book were alleged to have occurred. You can't imagine how difficult it was to live as a Catholic there back then. Chilliwack was in the Guinness Book of World Records then as having the most churches per capita in the world. The Catholic population of the entire province was not really very large, and the community in the (small) city of Victoria couldn't fill a stadium on its own. So everybody kind of had a collective jaw drop at the implications in the book, and then were left holding the bag and dealing with the fallout when the evangelicals in Canada and the US began to take it up as a cause. The Rosedale murders of two years before already had people jumpy. Then Mt St Helens blew up the same year the book came out. Despite everything people tried to do to get anybody to hear the truth, the book and the people who wrote it just kept getting all the airtime.

Remember Dan and Fran Keller? Here's a quote from a National Post article, dated Sept 05th 2017:

A two-decade nightmare just ended for Texas' Dan and Fran Keller.The couple, who owned a daycare, spent 22 years in prison on the utterly baseless charges that they had served blood to children under their care, forced them to witness infant murders and flown them to Mexico to be raped by soldiers.
Although they were released in 2013, only this week was the couple officially declared innocent and granted $3.4 million USD from a state fund.
"No more nightmares," said Fran Keller, now 67.

The article goes on to detail that Dr Pazder and Michelle Smith were called in by the DA as consulting advisors during the lengthy court trial.

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I'll add one more event you may remember : the Martinsville, Saskatchewan Daycare case. The details and accusations are eerily familiar to what the Kellers faced. I do not know John Popowich, the Saskatoon police detective implicated in the case, except indirectly through mutual friends in the area, including those who worked with him on the force. The whole case had no evidence. Not one shred. Popowich was a good cop, a good man, and was exonerated completely, but the guilty by suspicion witch hunt that led to the trial ruined his life, his career, and his health, like so many others.

Evangelicals were really at the forefront during this time, though there were attacks by "mainstream" protestant communions too; and Catholic bashing was the least of the consequences. When the mania subsided, the fall out to the accusers was slow at first. but substantial. We all know how empty our parishes are because of fallen away Catholics. But we often forget how much worse it is among protestant denominations, and more importantly, why the remainder of them are isolated, smaller in number, and greatly reduced in public influence today from what they were during the 80's and 90's.

So back to the Agnes material. The documents show that the woman called Agnes was in contact with the archdiocese, and later the Vatican, 14 years after the first publication of Michelle Remembers, and at the height of the hysteria. I have a copy of Martin's book Vatican. I found a copy of Michelle Remembers. I find the similarities in the two stories very disturbing. I am not accusing Martin or Agnes of plagiarizing, because really, I don't know what to think. I think you good gentlemen would be far better qualified than I to make an informed conclusion, so I submit to you both that you consider obtaining copies of the two books yourself and doing a side by side analysis of the two texts.

In the end, I am left wondering, why. Why, when all of the other documents given to Church Militant are enough to set the civil authorities and their dogs on Cupich and get a real investigation going on what exactly the Late Cardinal Bernardin did, are documents relating to Agnes and a story of satanic ritual rape in there too? But just the story, not any evidence. No other documents showing what, if any, actions were taken by diocesan employees, clergy and the Vatican, other than recording and assigning file numbers.

I find that odd. Didn't anybody talk about Agnes and her claims? To each other? Make a phone call? Where are the letters, the memos, the phone logs and the meeting minutes that would be (should be) in the file with the documents shown to Church Militant? Why were these things missing?

Why would this story be included at all among all of the other documents that can be studied, verified, corroborated? Was someone hoping that traditionalists would pounce on this story like cats on a tasty morsel? Or, to put it bluntly, does someone see traditional Catholics as morally and intellectually equivalent to evangelical fundamentalist protestants? Did they think if they put the Agnes documents in with the rest, that the TradCat rubes would eat it up and start a witch hunt mania? Was it included as a false flag to discredit or disinform?

Now, more than ever, is a time to be very careful. This apparent bonanza seems too good to be true, and arrives at a time leading up to a synod in the Amazon with implications of Planned Schism. This time, however, and unlike the faithful facing the Arian heretics of old, the traditional, faithful Catholics of today have no one guarding their backs -- no nation state, no knights errant, very little money, and almost no worldly power. This state of the facts of the world leads me to worry about how much this looks and smalls like a setup. I again ask you to take these things into consideration.

I thank you for all your excellent efforts and conclude this already lengthy comment.
Thankyou for your patience.

Joseph Whittaker.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Innocent Smith

Joseph Whittaker wrote:

QuoteWhy would this story be included at all among all of the other documents that can be studied, verified, corroborated? Was someone hoping that traditionalists would pounce on this story like cats on a tasty morsel? Or, to put it bluntly, does someone see traditional Catholics as morally and intellectually equivalent to evangelical fundamentalist protestants? Did they think if they put the Agnes documents in with the rest, that the TradCat rubes would eat it up and start a witch hunt mania? Was it included as a false flag to discredit or disinform?

Very wise post. Voris has a history of jumping the gun, flying off the handle, going off the deep end, etc. The other warning bell that rings for me in relation to these latest revelations is the current working relationship between Stephen Brady and Michael Voris. This story concerning Bernadin, the girl, and the most vile things you can imagine doing with a Host was available to anyone from the general public who had an internet connection and found themselves on Stephen Brady's original Roman Catholic Faithful site. Brady wrapped up shop and took the site down some years ago, but it has recently re-emerged within the last year. I checked the new incarnation of the site and this disgusting story was not there. In fact the sparse content there only talked about current issues.

So yes I think this could be the perfect bait to discredit traditional or conservative Catholic media outlets. However you want to put it or classify them. And God knows that up until now they have all proven to be completely useless anyway. I really don't see that changing anytime soon.

Are some traditional Catholics, or more accurately traditional Catholic media outlets, morally and intellectually equivalent to evangelical fundamentalist Protestants? Tough question yet telling that it is even asked. In the first instance I wouldn't say Evangelicals are necessarily immoral nor intellectually deficient. But I would have to answer in the affirmative because the content on these sites eventually takes on a Protestant flavor. Call it a professional hazard if you must, but that doesn't stop it from happening.   
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Innocent Smith on June 22, 2019, 05:00:45 PM
So yes I think this could be the perfect bait to discredit traditional or conservative Catholic media outlets. However you want to put it or classify them. And God knows that up until now they have all proven to be completely useless anyway. I really don't see that changing anytime soon.

To some degree I agree with your post, except for this one quote.

I'm a huge fan of Tocqueville and quote him relentlessly, because his philosophy on the United States (and thus modern society) is very similar to my own - and the one thing that traditional or conservative Catholic media outlets have accomplished is connecting people with each other and helping each other to realize they aren't alone in the fight. Absolute isolation is the one thing that can kill off movements or ideas which society refuses to recognize in any matter legitimate - it's the contemporary day equivalent to being burned at the stake for being a heretic, or being tortured by the Spanish Inquisition. As long as some groups are allowed to organize, with people who are like each other, these groups can keep the idea alive - especially if the group is ideological in nature.

As long as some organized groups exist, it hinders the regressive "progress" which has occurred in Rome. As soon as these organized groups die, the war is over, they win.
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Gerard

Quote from: Sempronius on June 22, 2019, 12:19:00 AM

One reader at 1P5 argues that it may be a bad move to include the Agnes story because its hard to verify it.

Here is his comment copied from the comment section:

QuoteNext point -- my main one -- is that after all these years, the story of "Agnes" from Malachi Martin's book Vatican is back, and everybody wants to talk about it again.

Interesting that Church Militant didn't even mention Fr. Martin's book, which is actually "Windswept House" not "Vatican." "Vatican" was published about 10 years before Windswept House.

QuoteWhy does the Agnes story bother me more than all the rest of the article? First, because the story cannot be properly understood without remembering that Malachi Martin first brought it to the attention of the public as a novel two years after the death of Cardinal Bernardin. Second, he did so near the end of a terrible period of time, when the public were still in the grip of a mania about murderous, raping satanic cults. Martin didn't start the mania, but he sure didn't do much to stop it by publishing Vatican and his earlier book, Hostage To The Devil.

Martin was mentioning Satanic, homosexual pedophilia long before Windswept House.  It's mentioned in the "The Keys of This Blood" which was in the early 1990s. 

I'm not sure why they think it's important for Fr. Martin to do something to stop the "mania" if what he's reporting has validity. 

Satanism is often given little to no press.  I remember in the early 2000s  a shipment of religious statues being sent from South America to L.A. were found to contain dead babies in them. 

Hostage to the Devil was published in the early-mid 70s as a response to the Exorcist book and movie by Blatty. 

QuoteSo back to the Agnes material. The documents show that the woman called Agnes was in contact with the archdiocese, and later the Vatican, 14 years after the first publication of Michelle Remembers, and at the height of the hysteria. I have a copy of Martin's book Vatican. I found a copy of Michelle Remembers. I find the similarities in the two stories very disturbing. I am not accusing Martin or Agnes of plagiarizing, because really, I don't know what to think. I think you good gentlemen would be far better qualified than I to make an informed conclusion, so I submit to you both that you consider obtaining copies of the two books yourself and doing a side by side analysis of the two texts.

This person is lying.  You don't read the events of Windswept House and forget the name of the book, mistaking it for a completely different book.

I suspect they want to discredit Fr. Martin (again) by associating his work with a separate "discredited" book.  I suppose any similarities that Bishop Sheen referenced about Satanic rituals has to be suspect as well? 

It's an effort at trying to get people off the scent. 

I would recommend the sadly late William H. Kennedy's book "Lucifer's Lodge: Satanic Ritual Abuse in the Catholic Church" as a supplement to understand the background, other relevant cases and the patterns of abuse going on in the Church around the World. 

Michael Wilson

Re. "Being tortured by the Inquisition"; has to do with the "Black Legend"; all the judicial systems of the time (up until recently) tortured suspects; it was the Inquisition that limited the number of times that a suspect could be "put to the question" to twice. In all other systems, there was not limit to the number of times.  Secondly it was required that a physician be present during the questioning in order to make sure that the suspect was not hurt seriously; finally it was the Inquisition that abolished torture in their questioning of the suspects. It is also on record that the prisons of the Inquisition (at least in Spain) were so much more humane than the normal prisons, that criminals would often scheme to have their cases moved to the jurisdiction of the Inquisition.

If you are interested in the subject, you can read "The Spanish Inquisition, A Historical Revision" by Henry Kamen. https://www.amazon.com/Spanish-Inquisition-Historical-Revision-Fourth/dp/0300180519/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3S0J1AFRNTXGE&keywords=henry+kamen+the+spanish+inquisition&qid=1561290037&s=gateway&sprefix=The+INquisition%2C+Henr%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-1
Kamen is not a Catholic, but an expert on the time period.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Innocent Smith

This "story" is going nowhere fast as most sensational stories do over at Homo Militant.

Interesting to see a brief summary of Voris in the attached video. E. Michael Jones reveals that the woman who claimed to be raped by Bernadin had called him in the early '90s. Since we never heard of it before in any of Jones' writings or talks do I need to mention that he did not find her to be credible?

An interesting exchange on Voris and Homo Militant begins at the 8:58 mark. It's a nice recap of the situation at Homo Militant and we get the revelation for the first time that the woman raped in a Satanic Ritual was found to be not credible.

As usual this story will backfire due to haste and homo drama. Most exposed to the "explosive" story will end up being sympathetic to Bernadin just like the sympathy Bernadin received when Steven Cook recanted.

Another fine day in the life of "professional Catholics"! As I have said on many occasions the most useless bunch to ever walk the earth.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC6on94Dcgg&frags=pl%2Cwn[/yt]
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Philip G.

You guess. 

The only reason this story is leaked is to take down Cupich, which is good.  Nothing will/can be done about what involves Bernardine, other than connecting dots, which is useful.  It is not Malachi Martin saving the day here.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Gerard

Quote from: Philip G. on July 11, 2019, 10:48:48 AM

You guess. 

The only reason this story is leaked is to take down Cupich, which is good.  Nothing will/can be done about what involves Bernardine, other than connecting dots, which is useful.  It is not Malachi Martin saving the day here.

You missed the sarcasm. 

The people who relentlessly trash Malachi Martin do so because they are in the end, scum.  They will never relent no matter how many times the things he claimed are verified. 

The point is people like that don't apologize when they are proven wrong. 

My point isn't about Malachi Martin and whether he saved the day or not.  It's about the types that won't acknowledge the truth and having to admit being wrong, showing themselves for the low characters they are.   

Philip G.

Quote from: Gerard on July 11, 2019, 11:31:08 AM

You guess. 

You missed the sarcasm. 

The people who relentlessly trash Malachi Martin do so because they are in the end, scum.  They will never relent no matter how many times the things he claimed are verified. 

My point isn't about Malachi Martin and whether he saved the day or not.  It's about the types that won't acknowledge the truth and having to admit being wrong, showing themselves for the low characters they are.   

I did not miss the sarcasm.  I just don't think this does anything for Martin's stock.  He knew about Bernardine because he was one of them.  Different animal, same beast.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Gerard

Quote from: Philip G. on July 11, 2019, 12:43:49 PM
Quote from: Gerard on July 11, 2019, 11:31:08 AM

You guess. 

You missed the sarcasm. 

I did not miss the sarcasm.  I just don't think this does anything for Martin's stock.  He knew about Bernardine because he was one of them.  Different animal, same beast.

No. That doesn't follow from your reply. My post had nothing to do with Fr. Martin's "stock."  It's about the predicability of Fr. Martin's detractors who are simply ignorant, malicious and most times, both.

It's obvious you missed the sarcasm and you're trying to provoke the ubiquitous Malachi Martin fight. 

To equate him with Bernardin is simply idiotic.  It's not even provocative it's so over the top.  Feel free to try prove it if you like or make a lame excuse not to engage and save us all some time.  I don't care, I've seen it all at his point.   

As I stated above, when Fr. Martin's claims get validated, the people that trash him ignore it and trash him some more.

King Wenceslas

Cupich is one of them that have finally taken over the NO church to do the final wrecking. Why would "they" take him down? "They" know where their bread is buttered. The "Church" has been liberalized to join in the final expulsion of Christ from the world. Why would "they" take Cupich down?

More wishful thinking by conservative Catholics.

Additional thought: Lay off the Malachi Martin stuff already, would you. Let it die.