Ben Affleck is new BATMAN!!!!

Started by Der Kaiser, August 23, 2013, 05:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Kaiser

:rofl: :rofl:

Wow I never thought they could do worse then George Cloony. I was never too excited about Bat vs Superman, but now...just wow.

www.imdb.com/news/ni56087514/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Othmar

Well, I remember people having a similar reaction when Ledger was first announced as the Joker. And weren't there also a lot of complaints about Keaton?

Reminds me that I still haven't seen Man of Steel, perhaps I'll care more when I have seen it.  :D

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Othmar on August 23, 2013, 05:58:16 AM
Well, I remember people having a similar reaction when Ledger was first announced as the Joker. And weren't there also a lot of complaints about Keaton?

Reminds me that I still haven't seen Man of Steel, perhaps I'll care more when I have seen it.  :D

True, but it seemed that with Ledger it was more that he just wouldn't make a good Joker. With Affleck it is that the guy can NOT act at all. He is worse than Clooney who has all the charisma of a bucket of sand. Also I think with Keaton he was more known for romantic comedies up to that time.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

zork

Have those who tapped Affleck as the next Batman already forgotten how awful he was as a superhero in Daredevil a mere 10 years ago?
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

The Harlequin King

I'm pretty bummed, but on the other hand, I've heard from some friends that Affleck is a good actor in certain roles, like in Argo. (Haven't seen it, so I can't say.)

Othmar

Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 23, 2013, 06:45:51 AM
True, but it seemed that with Ledger it was more that he just wouldn't make a good Joker.
Well, they were right.
Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 23, 2013, 06:45:51 AMWith Affleck it is that the guy can NOT act at all.
I can barely remember any of his roles, which might attest to his lackluster acting.

But I guess we ought to wait and see.

Kaesekopf

Are they rebooting Batman? Or is this for the justice league movie

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 23, 2013, 11:12:51 AM

For the sequel to Man of Steel. Batman vs Superman. A lame concept in itself.

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Othmar on August 23, 2013, 11:11:49 AM
Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 23, 2013, 06:45:51 AM
True, but it seemed that with Ledger it was more that he just wouldn't make a good Joker.
Well, they were right.

Really? I suppose as far as the traditional Joker goes he didn't do well, but he was the ONLY thing I liked about the Nolan Batmans. He was better then Christian Bale who played Batman with the voice of a roaring lion with a sore throat or Bane who was unintelligable. Sounded like Tom Hardy had cotton balls in his mouth and was talking through a sock.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 23, 2013, 04:48:04 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on August 23, 2013, 11:12:51 AM

For the sequel to Man of Steel. Batman vs Superman. A lame concept in itself.

DC Comics can't make a decent non-Batman and non-Superman film.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

Quote from: The Harlequin King on August 23, 2013, 11:09:34 AM
I'm pretty bummed, but on the other hand, I've heard from some friends that Affleck is a good actor in certain roles, like in Argo. (Haven't seen it, so I can't say.)

Good Will Hunting, the Town, Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back, etc. He's one hell of a director.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Othmar

Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 23, 2013, 04:50:51 PM
Really? I suppose as far as the traditional Joker goes he didn't do well, but he was the ONLY thing I liked about the Nolan Batmans. He was better then Christian Bale who played Batman with the voice of a roaring lion with a sore throat or Bane who was unintelligable. Sounded like Tom Hardy had cotton balls in his mouth and was talking through a sock.
I agree with you. I personally thought Begins' realism worked for an origin story (and Liam Neeson is a good actor). The only thing I liked about the Dark Knight was Heath Ledger's great performance, who played a chaotic evil madman who somehow shares the name with another Batman villain. The Dark Knight Rises... eh... no.

Larry

http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2013/08/23/pope-francis-calls-zack-snyder-to-complain-about-choice-of-ben-affleck-for-batman/

Pope Francis Calls Zack Snyder To Complain About Choice Of Ben Affleck For Batman

August 23, 2013 by admin 
Filed under Vatican

Hollywood, CA––"Hello, it's Pope Francis," were the first words spoken during a conversation in which His Holiness telephoned Zack Snyder, director of the upcoming film "Man of Steel 2." "Hello Your Holiness," answered a dazed Snyder, no stranger to celebrities but still star struck to be speaking to the Holy Father, the Vicar of Christ on earth. "Listen, I'll get to the point," said Pope Francis, "I thought 300 was awesome, and Man of Steel was pretty great too. But I don't know about Ben Affleck as Batman in your next movie." Snyder reportedly stuttered at this point, unsure what to answer His Holiness. "I mean, I trust you as a director and all that, and I'm sure it won't be that bad, but there really weren't any better choices? I mean this is the guy that played Daredevil. Did you even see that movie?" Snyder then reportedly answered that he had not. "Exactly," answered the Pope, before concluding, "My son, I'm not saying this is an enormous mistake or anything, and I'm certainly not speaking ex cathedra here. I'm just asking you to reflect a little more when you make decisions like this."
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Basilios

Hollywood will never make a very good superhero movie. The audience for these movies are the tweens - most of whom have never read a comic book anyway.

The first X-Men movie was good. Rest were horrible. First Class was okay.
Wolverine Origins wasn't bad as a movie but its accuracy was horrible. The latest Wolverine was better, but sucked because it mishmashed the original japan story with some crappy writing and of course very low violence. Wolverine is a violent maniac who deserves at least a 15 rating, if not 18, to do him justice.
Iron Man was okay, and the rest of the movies sucked hard - mostly because they've started relying on Bob Downey Jr in 'caricature' mode rather than allowing him to actually properly act as Tony Stark.
The Hulk movies all sucked infinitely.
Captain America was good but still lacked something that I can't put my finger on.
The new Spiderman re-boot was IMO great save for a few irritating things here and there.
Thor was great but I wanted moar action less 'become the hero' build-up.
The Avengers was good but again had a few niggling things that took it down a notch or two.
The Batman Trilogy was good, Begins was the best, Dark Knight was great, and Rises was poor as a standalone but seen as a whole it's decent.
Daredevil with Ben Affleck was trash.
Man of Steel I haven't seen yet and I am hoping it's good!
Watchmen IMO was excellent as a comic book adaption (save for the changing of Ozymandias' weapon of destruction stuff) and for me it was entertaining.

Apparently there's gonna be a new Deadpool movie coming out soon. Well. I can only hope for the best because my guess is they're gonna make it a PG 13 movie which will destroy Deadpool. No gorey kills, no blood, no motor-mouth.

Batman vs Superman sounds like a terrible idea anyway as a movie. Now that Batfleck is on it; it sounds horrendous.

Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Othmar

Quote from: Basilios on August 26, 2013, 06:46:37 AM
Hollywood will never make a very good superhero movie.
Burtonverse Batman, Hellboy, The Crow, ...