Who here has received the COVID-19 vaccine?

Started by GiftOfGod, January 06, 2021, 02:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

Quote from: dymphnaw on January 11, 2021, 09:59:59 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on January 09, 2021, 10:45:43 AM
This is just my opinion. The vaccines are too late. Whether they are safe or will make a difference remains to be seen, but the virus is having it's way.

There is a married couple at my parish that has had it and they didn't even stop coming to mass and adoration while they had it. And I have never seen either one of them wear a mask. Denial or entitlement, I'm not sure how to describe the mindset of someone like that.

Did they tell you that they had Covid?

Yes

Several members of their family caught it a family dinner. One member of the family had been tested and received a positive result a couple of days after the get together.

A woman in her 80's, children, everyone there except one person got sick with symptoms. They all recovered but the older lady still has no sense of taste or smell as of a week or so ago.

The husband was at adoration coughing last week. Nowhere near others but no mask either. There were only 3 in the church. I never was closer than 100 foot of him.

They are good Catholics but just don't seem to take it seriously.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Tennessean

Quote from: Acolyte on January 09, 2021, 07:40:01 PM
Quote from: james03 on January 09, 2021, 12:28:50 PM
Yep.  Same thing.  Eliminating glucose spikes lowers insulin and insulin resistance.  This then lowers inflammation.
QuoteBut I plan to stop using them after the Covid calms down.
Big mistake.  Have as your mindset that you will be enjoying your Timber Wolf Peach for the rest of your life, though you'll revisit the decision in a year or two.  Consider it settled.  Also, at this point every cigarette you smoke causes a lot of damage.  You can't risk it, so just go with the pouches.  Maybe in a year after your health is great and you want to reach higher, you can quit.  But leave it for now.

That will allow you to focus on the critical thing, which is eliminating what is called metabolic syndrome.  Easy thing, eliminate sugary drinks and replace with water, or diet drinks if you have to.  If your book focuses on glycolic index, it's a good book.

Also leptin is a hormone that gives you the fullness feeling.  It is suppressed by insulin.  Fat intake causes leptin to increase.  If you eliminate insulin spikes, your body will naturally regulate calories through healthy hunger (no cravings) and fullness.

No hurry to stop the pouches. I'm convinced nicotine offers some solid protection if Covid gets into my lungs.

Back in the spring..
https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/nicotine-replacement-therapy/

October..
Daily active smokers are infrequent among outpatients or hospitalized patients with COVID-19. Several arguments suggest that nicotine is responsible for this protective effect via the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR).

Nicotine may inhibit the penetration and spread of the virus and have a prophylactic effect in COVID-19 infection, especially in healthcare workers who are at high risk of infection."
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04583410

There is even a vaccine trial that involves tobacco.
https://interestingengineering.com/tobacco-based-covid-19-vaccine-got-fda-approval-for-human-trials
I can confirm, I have not been sick at all since smoking a cigar a day.  :D

diaduit

Quote from: Acolyte on January 11, 2021, 10:38:49 PM
This is just my opinion. The vaccines are too late. Whether they are safe or will make a difference remains to be seen, but the virus is having it's way.

There is a married couple at my parish that has had it and they didn't even stop coming to mass and adoration while they had it. And I have never seen either one of them wear a mask. Denial or entitlement, I'm not sure how to describe the mindset of someone like that.

Yes

Several members of their family caught it a family dinner. One member of the family had been tested and received a positive result a couple of days after the get together.

A woman in her 80's, children, everyone there except one person got sick with symptoms. They all recovered but the older lady still has no sense of taste or smell as of a week or so ago.

The husband was at adoration coughing last week. Nowhere near others but no mask either. There were only 3 in the church. I never was closer than 100 foot of him.

As people are in fear of Covid they should possibly have stayed at home out of charity BUT can you not see it isn't a deadly virus...no one died even 80 something year old granny and they have recovered.  Granny losing her sense of smell and taste isn't a reason for lockdown and mass annihilation of businesses. Oh and obviously herd immunity is showing through when none of those people ended up in hospital...the virus has lost its initial severity.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Acolyte on January 09, 2021, 08:23:44 PM

https://www.cureus.com/articles/41018-does-nicotine-prevent-cytokine-storms-in-covid-19
"However, a retrospective cohort study in France reported that smokers had a SARS-CoV-2 infection attack rate four times lower than non-smokers [13]. Another retrospective French study reported that, compared to the general population, smokers had a dramatically lower risk of developing symptomatic or severe COVID-19 [14]. Further similar findings elsewhere [15,16] have raised the question as to whether nicotine may have any biological effect on the SAR-CoV-2 virus. "

Acolyte, I am an avid reader of medical literature.  So when we first "saw" the virus in my region, I began furiously reading articles and stats from medical sources (not popular media, which distorts and inappropriately condenses).  The first series of deaths in Wuhan were mostly among male smokers.  Now, I don't know if the smoking had reached the level of COPD (a Covid co-morbidity problem) because that information wasn't available. 

Later, perhaps a month or two later, I read in other medical sources that there was a theory, based on findings in selected locations, that smoking protects -- from initial infection.  However, complications and initial infection are two different things.  If one is protected from infection, complications do not apply.

Just noting the importance of two different data points there.  Vaping is another contributing complication of Covid and might explain some instances of serious complications in some teenagers.

MaximGun

Some of the aborted babies used in vaccine production still had beating hearts when sent from the abortion clinic

Ghoulish.

Prayerful

Quote from: diaduit on January 12, 2021, 03:31:37 AM

Yes

As people are in fear of Covid they should possibly have stayed at home out of charity BUT can you not see it isn't a deadly virus...no one died even 80 something year old granny and they have recovered.  Granny losing her sense of smell and taste isn't a reason for lockdown and mass annihilation of businesses. Oh and obviously herd immunity is showing through when none of those people ended up in hospital...the virus has lost its initial severity.

It's just mad. The Chicoms have even given up bothering to pretend much. No measures, and they know the oligarch news services won't ask hard questions. This fraud has been a triumph for the Chicoms.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Acolyte

Quote from: diaduit on January 12, 2021, 03:31:37 AM

Yes

We are still learning things..
https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Will-COVID-19-have-long-term-effects-on-the-15860131.php
"
One of the hallmark features of COVID-19 offers an important clue about how the disease affects the brain.

Loss of smell, or anosmia, occurs in people with either mild or acute coronavirus infections. The condition is related to the olfactory bulb, a bundle of nerves in the brain that process smell.

On the surface, loss of smell may seem like one of the mildest symptoms of a disease that can wreak havoc on the human body, causing respiratory failure and damage to multiple organ systems. But it is among an array of neurological problems that have been identified in COVID patients, from issues with memory, concentration and regulation of bodily functions to intense delirium and even psychosis"

Deadly ? Well, a couple days ago Covid deaths, the leading cause of death in the US now, totaled more than the other causes combined.

It's too early to say what long term effects Covid will have. Medical experts can't even answer if Covid can lie dormant like some viruses such as herpes.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."

Acolyte

Quote from: Tennessean on January 11, 2021, 10:54:43 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on January 09, 2021, 07:40:01 PM
Quote from: james03 on January 09, 2021, 12:28:50 PM
Yep.  Same thing.  Eliminating glucose spikes lowers insulin and insulin resistance.  This then lowers inflammation.
QuoteBut I plan to stop using them after the Covid calms down.
Big mistake.  Have as your mindset that you will be enjoying your Timber Wolf Peach for the rest of your life, though you'll revisit the decision in a year or two.  Consider it settled.  Also, at this point every cigarette you smoke causes a lot of damage.  You can't risk it, so just go with the pouches.  Maybe in a year after your health is great and you want to reach higher, you can quit.  But leave it for now.

That will allow you to focus on the critical thing, which is eliminating what is called metabolic syndrome.  Easy thing, eliminate sugary drinks and replace with water, or diet drinks if you have to.  If your book focuses on glycolic index, it's a good book.

Also leptin is a hormone that gives you the fullness feeling.  It is suppressed by insulin.  Fat intake causes leptin to increase.  If you eliminate insulin spikes, your body will naturally regulate calories through healthy hunger (no cravings) and fullness.

No hurry to stop the pouches. I'm convinced nicotine offers some solid protection if Covid gets into my lungs.

Back in the spring..
https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/nicotine-replacement-therapy/

October..
Daily active smokers are infrequent among outpatients or hospitalized patients with COVID-19. Several arguments suggest that nicotine is responsible for this protective effect via the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (nAChR).

Nicotine may inhibit the penetration and spread of the virus and have a prophylactic effect in COVID-19 infection, especially in healthcare workers who are at high risk of infection."
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04583410

There is even a vaccine trial that involves tobacco.
https://interestingengineering.com/tobacco-based-covid-19-vaccine-got-fda-approval-for-human-trials
I can confirm, I have not been sick at all since smoking a cigar a day.  :D

I've had some nasty respiratory infections a few years back. But they were bacterial, not a virus.
St Alphonsus

lauermar

I got Covid-19 live virus while I was home and sequestering after being laid off in November. I caught a mild case a week before Christmas. My taste and smell have not yet returned.

My husband works in a nursing home and he gets tested 2x per week. So far he remains negative. However, they quarantined him after learning of my infection. They allowed him to go to work on Monday long enough to take vaccine #1, then he goes home until the 18th. He is doing well with no symptoms other than mild soreness at the injection site.

In October and December I took Shingles vaccines #1 and #2. It was tested on Chinese hamsters. It is made up of a piece of viral protein but not live herpes virus. I had chills, headache, fatigue, body aches and soreness for 2 days both times. At the end of dose #2 is when I caught Covid.

The Pfizer & Moderna products were safety tested on 1973 fetal cell lines unfortunately; however, many foodstuffs and household products are also tested this way now because PETA is fighting animal safety testing. Fr. Ripperger stated it is important not to take the actual fetal DNA internally. Testing only does not mean the patient is materially cooperating with evil.

Neither of the 2 vaccines contain "beating hearts and aborted baby body parts." This is false. Similar to Shingles vaccine, they contain a piece of Covid spike protein, not live virus. The other vaccines may or may not have fetal cells, but we don't know since they are not yet available.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

james03

QuoteCovid deaths, the leading cause of death in the US now, totaled more than the other causes combined.

How about influenza cases and deaths?  Where are they running?
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Acolyte

Quote from: james03 on January 12, 2021, 10:17:03 PM
QuoteCovid deaths, the leading cause of death in the US now, totaled more than the other causes combined.

CDC says as of a few days ago it was low so far
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

2017-2018 was bad though.
https://www.texmed.org/Template.aspx?id=48701

St Alphonsus

diaduit

Quote from: Acolyte on January 13, 2021, 01:10:32 AM
Quote from: james03 on January 12, 2021, 10:17:03 PM

CDC says as of a few days ago it was low so far
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Its been done to death before now but Dept of health in most countries are fudging numbers of deaths from Covid by
* issuing death certs of those who died WITH Covid and not from Covid....you could die of lung cancer but you have covid.....covid is on the death cert.
* CDC allowing Drs and nurses (even nurses in nursing homes) have free reign to certify death from Covid based on symptoms and without a test
* numbers based on wildly inaccurate PCR tests which Kary Mullis the inventor said for it not to be used as a diagnostic tool.
* allowing PCR tests at very high cycles (in Ireland its at 45) where anything over 25 is going to give a false positive as its over sensitive.
* as standard practice here now, if one dies suddenly in hospital the medical staff will test for covid and if you come back as a positive, its lumped into the case numbers and death cert says covid.

So many things wrong with the covid numbers.

2017-2018 was bad though.
https://www.texmed.org/Template.aspx?id=48701

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

martin88nyc

The same people who locked us down and forced to wear face diapers are now telling us that their lockdown were actually bad. Why? Because Perverticus Joe Byegone the Usurper soon will be installed as the 46th US president. It was all a political circus. Social experiment on the goym. Madness.
And that other nutjob mutant Bill Gates of Hell wants to inject us all with his poisonous potion. Watch his presentation from 2005 about vaccines and viruses that sensitize religious people and make them docile, submissive. Also Fauci, the god of covid, should go pound sand already.
These people are murderers, sons of the father of lies, frauds, snakes, wolves in sheep's clothing etc. To hell with their "vaccines"and to hell with their NWO.
PS: if you value your bodily health then do a thorough research and think twice before taking an experimental potion. Moderna cannot even find 3000 guinea pigs (age 16 and under) to test their concoction on.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Miriam_M

The vaccines (plural):
Too early, too rushed, too risky, too many dangerous side effects to be considered suitable for the entire globe, in any sequence. And certainly there is no medical basis for deeming this vaccine, from any company, mandatory.

But most importantly, given the risks and side effects and the non-likelihood that your average case of Covid will produce permanent effects from the disease itself, combined with increasing varieties of successful therapies for those with active disease, all but the most extremely vulnerable should think about which is more risky: Currently available Covid therapies or the particular vaccines on the market right now?

I love reading our new Martin, by the way.  Way to tell 'em off.   :thumbsup:

Separate point about generalizing "the vulnerable":
I spoke to a lifelong friend on Sunday.  For about the last 20 years she has been a mass of symptoms -- something really out of a novel.  Essentially almost every system in her body has been affected. Her nervous system has been fragile for years and she has an immunosuppressive condition.

I bring this up only because this relates to the lies we are told about Covid.  If there were anyone in great danger from complications of Covid, she would be the one:  co-morbidities in spades. Yet, like me, she was barely touched by Covid, having a ridiculously light case that they reacted to with exaggeration in an assisted living place where she was briefly staying due to a recent injury. No hospitalization needed.

And I'm pretty sure, due to vaccine side effects and her complex health issues, she will not be in line for it.

I'm not denying that some people are more at risk than others are; nor am I denying that some ex-patients have lingering neurological symptoms, such as lauermar here.  Just keep in mind that there are other diseases which, after the primary symptoms dissipate, also affect the recovered person.  My point is that this is hardly unheard of in medicine.  It's merely that this particular pattern is one we haven't seen before.

Final point about hospital capacity:
I read an article recently about the situation in Los Angeles.  It's pretty clear that medical professionals have, as a blanket policy, recommended that basically everybody with symptoms, as well as all positive cases, come to the hospital "just in case."  It's certainly true in that region and it's possible true in others as well.  No surprise that beds will fill up fast with such directives.