Non-Catholics welcome here?

Started by GBoldwater, February 12, 2020, 04:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Quote from: Pon de Replay on February 12, 2020, 06:48:34 PM
As I said in the earlier thread, GBoldwater (which you yourself posted on and presumably read), I would prefer to stop posting here but I lack the self-discipline.  For myself, it's not too much of a difference either way except for some sunk time, but you seem to have a serious issue with it.  Therefore I will duly accept a permanent ban if you request the administrator to give me one. 

Please include a link to this post in your petition.  That way he can note two things: first, that I freely acquiesce to a ban, and second, that I would like it to be specifically the kind of ban where I cannot post but can still log in to use the search function and send & receive private messages.  He is able to do this.  His user name is Kaesekopf.  Peace be upon him.

I think the odds you would ever be banned Pon are 0.000000000000000000001%.  I only add a "1" to the end instead of a "0" because we have to account for original sin.  That is because you consistently practice here charity, civility, generosity, intellectual fortitude, honesty, sincerity, forgiveness of enemies, humility, meekness, prudence, friendship, and fairness!   It's almost as if you still possess Christian faith! 
Ironically, it is posters like you here that contribute to making this a Christian place to meet, discuss, share info, and have fellowship.

GBoldwater

Quote from: christulsa on February 13, 2020, 04:56:44 PM
Quote from: Pon de Replay on February 12, 2020, 06:48:34 PM
As I said in the earlier thread, GBoldwater (which you yourself posted on and presumably read), I would prefer to stop posting here but I lack the self-discipline.  For myself, it's not too much of a difference either way except for some sunk time, but you seem to have a serious issue with it.  Therefore I will duly accept a permanent ban if you request the administrator to give me one. 

Please include a link to this post in your petition.  That way he can note two things: first, that I freely acquiesce to a ban, and second, that I would like it to be specifically the kind of ban where I cannot post but can still log in to use the search function and send & receive private messages.  He is able to do this.  His user name is Kaesekopf.  Peace be upon him.

I think the odds you would ever be banned Pon are 0.000000000000000000001%.  I only add a "1" to the end instead of a "0" because we have to account for original sin.  That is because you consistently practice here charity, civility, generosity, intellectual fortitude, honesty, sincerity, forgiveness of enemies, humility, meekness, prudence, friendship, and fairness!   It's almost as if you still possess Christian faith! 
Ironically, it is posters like you here that contribute to making this a Christian place to meet, discuss, share info, and have fellowship.

But he doesn't have the faith, and he expresses things against the faith:

"Since heresy, and any kind of infidelity, is a mortal sin, they also sin mortally who expose themselves to its danger, whether by their association, or by listening to preaching, or by their reading." - St. Alphonsus Liguori

My posting in the non-Catholic sub-forum does not imply that I condone the decision to allow non-Catholics here. I consider non-Catholics here to be de facto "trolls" against the Catholic Faith that should be banned. I believe this is traditional Catholic moral procedure.

Mono no aware

Quote from: christulsa on February 13, 2020, 04:56:44 PMI think the odds you would ever be banned Pon are 0.000000000000000000001%.  I only add a "1" to the end instead of a "0" because we have to account for original sin.  That is because you consistently practice here charity, civility, generosity, intellectual fortitude, honesty, sincerity, forgiveness of enemies, humility, meekness, prudence, friendship, and fairness!   It's almost as if you still possess Christian faith!

That's far too generous, chris, but gracias nonetheless.  I have, of course, always appreciated your own good nature and intellectual contributions here.  I actually don't mind taking a voluntary ban if it will assuage GBoldwater.  Personally I suspect him to be a troll (he says "it is sickening to read what non-Catholics say," yet resurrects a dead thread to hear what a non-Catholic has to say).  But he has a good point when it comes to this issue.

Kaesekopf hasn't honored the ban request yet, so I will save him the effort and make things interesting.  I hereby retract my acceptance of a ban.  Instead, I solemnly pledge not to post on any day henceforth, so long as the forum user GBoldwater has made at least five (5) posts the previous day, or in excess of seventy (70) the previous week.  Posts made in the gaming sub-forum do not count.  Further, GBoldwater must achieve the forum rank of Feldwebel (post count 1500) by January 1, 2021, or I will resume posting after that date.

There you have it, GBoldwater.  I included the weekly clause in the event that you take a vacation, go on a retreat, or undertake any period of internet abstinence.  Thus, if you're going to be gone for multiple weeks, make your post count for the week before you leave = 70(x), where x is the number of weeks you'll be away.  By posting at the required rate, you may consider yourself to be doing good in a twofold manner, first by keeping a non-Catholic from posting on the forum, and second by posting your own contributions of Catholic orthodoxy.  I think your confessor will be pleased.  I must credit the user Jayne for this idea; it is a variant of her own pact with Greg.  Peace to all.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Pon de Replay on February 13, 2020, 06:57:36 PM
Quote from: christulsa on February 13, 2020, 04:56:44 PMI think the odds you would ever be banned Pon are 0.000000000000000000001%.  I only add a "1" to the end instead of a "0" because we have to account for original sin.  That is because you consistently practice here charity, civility, generosity, intellectual fortitude, honesty, sincerity, forgiveness of enemies, humility, meekness, prudence, friendship, and fairness!   It's almost as if you still possess Christian faith!

That's far too generous, chris, but gracias nonetheless.  I have, of course, always appreciated your own good nature and intellectual contributions here.  I actually don't mind taking a voluntary ban if it will assuage GBoldwater.  Personally I suspect him to be a troll (he says "it is sickening to read what non-Catholics say," yet resurrects a dead thread to hear what a non-Catholic has to say).  But he has a good point when it comes to this issue.

Kaesekopf hasn't honored the ban request yet, so I will save him the effort and make things interesting.  I hereby retract my acceptance of a ban.  Instead, I solemnly pledge not to post on any day henceforth, so long as the forum user GBoldwater has made at least five (5) posts the previous day, or in excess of seventy (70) the previous week.  Posts made in the gaming sub-forum do not count.  Further, GBoldwater must achieve the forum rank of Feldwebel (post count 1500) by January 1, 2021, or I will resume posting after that date.

There you have it, GBoldwater.  I included the weekly clause in the event that you take a vacation, go on a retreat, or undertake any period of internet abstinence.  Thus, if you're going to be gone for multiple weeks, make your post count for the week before you leave = 70(x), where x is the number of weeks you'll be away.  By posting at the required rate, you may consider yourself to be doing good in a twofold manner, first by keeping a non-Catholic from posting on the forum, and second by posting your own contributions of Catholic orthodoxy.  I think your confessor will be pleased.  I must credit the user Jayne for this idea; it is a variant of her own pact with Greg.  Peace to all.

You are not a Catholics and don't have the faith. What you say really means nothing.
My posting in the non-Catholic sub-forum does not imply that I condone the decision to allow non-Catholics here. I consider non-Catholics here to be de facto "trolls" against the Catholic Faith that should be banned. I believe this is traditional Catholic moral procedure.

Mono no aware

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 13, 2020, 07:03:42 PMYou are not a Catholics and don't have the faith. What you say really means nothing.

Be that as it may.  If you do not want me, a non-Catholic, to post on this forum, you need only make five posts per diem.  And in case you might attempt some smart aleckry such as "lone dot posts," I also stipulate that your five daily posts contain a mininum of one hundred (100) words collectively.  That will allow for short posts and is quite reasonable.  You have already met your quota for today, so you can be assured I will not post tomorrow.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Pon de Replay on February 13, 2020, 07:12:10 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 13, 2020, 07:03:42 PMYou are not a Catholics and don't have the faith. What you say really means nothing.

Be that as it may.  If you do not want me, a non-Catholic, to post on this forum, you need only make five posts per diem.  And in case you might attempt some smart aleckry such as "lone dot posts," I also stipulate that your five daily posts contain a mininum of one hundred (100) words collectively.  That will allow for short posts and is quite reasonable.  You have already met your quota for today, so you can be assured I will not post tomorrow.

Nonsense. Have some self-restraint.

Mono no aware

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 13, 2020, 07:13:30 PMHave some self-restraint.

I promise to, friend, if you will make but five posts a day totaling one hundred words.  A child could do it.  Be informed, as of now I have already sent Kaesekopf a formal retraction of my previously-stated willingness to be banned, so whether I post here is entirely up to you.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Pon de Replay on February 13, 2020, 07:17:55 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 13, 2020, 07:13:30 PMHave some self-restraint.

I promise to, friend, if you will make but five posts a day totaling one hundred words.  A child could do it.  Be informed, as of now I have already sent Kaesekopf a formal retraction of my previously-stated willingness to be banned, so whether I post here is entirely up to you.

I notified the mod (Andy) about your wish to be permanently banned because you don't have the self-restraint to cease posting. It is completely up to him from this point.

Mono no aware

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 13, 2020, 07:22:43 PMI notified the mod (Andy) about your wish to be permanently banned because you don't have the self-restraint to cease posting. It is completely up to him from this point.

Not so, because tonight I sent him a PM formally retracting my acquiescence to be banned at your request.  It is now out of his hands, as I haven't contravened any forum rules.  It is completely up to you.  We'll see how you fare.

GBoldwater

Quote from: Pon de Replay on February 13, 2020, 07:26:56 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 13, 2020, 07:22:43 PMI notified the mod (Andy) about your wish to be permanently banned because you don't have the self-restraint to cease posting. It is completely up to him from this point.

Not so, because tonight I sent him a PM formally retracting my acquiescence to be banned at your request.  It is now out of his hands, as I haven't contravened any forum rules.  It is completely up to you.  We'll see how you fare.

It has NOTHING to do with you violating any rules. Do you remember you REQUESTED to be permanently banned because you have no self-restraint?  As a heretic (apoostate) Catholic you don't even have the consistency of reason with this.

Mono no aware

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 13, 2020, 07:31:47 PMDo you remember you REQUESTED to be permanently banned because you have no self-restraint?

What I actually said was, I would accept a ban if you made the request.  As I've been explaining to you, I do remember that.  And tonight I formally retracted it.  Do you know what a retraction is?

Graham

christulsa

Let's ignore the basement trads, Pon.  It's almost the weekend.  :beer:

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Pon de Replay on February 13, 2020, 06:57:36 PM
I actually don't mind taking a voluntary ban if it will assuage GBoldwater.

You won't take any ban on account of a troll, Pon.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.