Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

totiusque

Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on July 23, 2013, 08:30:18 PM
Monsters University.

Despicable Me 2.

Pacific Rim.

Whoa!  Busy night at the movies?  Didn't all 3 of these just come out this month?  Wish I had that kind of dough....   ;D

Playing For Keeps - wife picked it out on Netflix, so there you go.  Cheesy RomCom.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

FaithByProxy

The Conjuring

Better than I was expecting. Genuinely creepy at certain points, and almost orthodox on Catholic issues. It was respectful, at least.
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.

Alypius

Quote from: LouisIX on July 24, 2013, 01:51:46 AM
Quote from: Alypius on July 23, 2013, 03:12:12 PM
8 1/2

How was it?

I thought it was terrific.  Great ending.  I also love how it was shot.  While watching it I kept thinking "man, 'I'm Not There' (that Dylan movie) kinda borrowed quite a bit from this."  Especially style wise.  I want to watch it again though.  A lot of great lines.  "Because he doesn't know how to love."

Also, I should mention that I "watched it wrong."  I haven't yet seen La Dolce Vita, only La Strada.  Apparently you need to see La Dolce Vita to more fully appreciate 8 1/2, but I still liked it a lot nevertheless.

Also also, I had just watched Bergman's "Persona" earlier in the evening [but technically, at the time I posted 8 1/2 was the last movie I had scene (bad pun)] and it was interesting because they both deal with finding meaning in life--even if it means just choosing one thing and finding meaning there.  I like 8 1/2 more.

Incidentally, the most recent movie I have seen as of now is Diary of a Country Priest.  Loved it!

LouisIX

Quote from: Alypius on July 24, 2013, 03:14:35 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on July 24, 2013, 01:51:46 AM
Quote from: Alypius on July 23, 2013, 03:12:12 PM
8 1/2

How was it?

I thought it was terrific.  Great ending.  I also love how it was shot.  While watching it I kept thinking "man, 'I'm Not There' (that Dylan movie) kinda borrowed quite a bit from this."  Especially style wise.  I want to watch it again though.  A lot of great lines.  "Because he doesn't know how to love."

Also, I should mention that I "watched it wrong."  I haven't yet seen La Dolce Vita, only La Strada.  Apparently you need to see La Dolce Vita to more fully appreciate 8 1/2, but I still liked it a lot nevertheless.

Also also, I had just watched Bergman's "Persona" earlier in the evening [but technically, at the time I posted 8 1/2 was the last movie I had scene (bad pun)] and it was interesting because they both deal with finding meaning in life--even if it means just choosing one thing and finding meaning there.  I like 8 1/2 more.

Incidentally, the most recent movie I have seen as of now is Diary of a Country Priest.  Loved it!

Someone is on a Criterion kick.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Alypius

haha, yeah.  What else am I going to do?  I had to take a break from Arrested Development.  Still about halfway done with it.

LouisIX

Quote from: Alypius on July 24, 2013, 03:20:09 PM
haha, yeah.  What else am I going to do?  I had to take a break from Arrested Development.  Still about halfway done with it.

You should become a puzzle guy.

Mrs. Featherbottom

Don't you have a big trip coming up?  You should make some homemade crafts as gifts to your hosts.

Alypius

Yeah, I've been into puzzles and crafts in a big way lately.

LouisIX

Quote from: Mrs. Featherbottom on July 24, 2013, 03:44:56 PM

Don't you have a big trip coming up?  You should make some homemade crafts as gifts to your hosts.

Maybe something like this?

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Archer

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

zork

Planet of Dinosaurs (1978) [Non-Rifftrax version]

It was awful and dumb, but it provided plenty of unintentional laughter in addition to the stop-motion dinosaurs. I loved it.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Gerard