Looking to Buy: Milk Kefir Grains

Started by Flora, April 25, 2016, 05:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flora

Anyone know a good online seller selling fresh milk kefir grains (not dehydrated) at a reasonable price? Thanks.

Lynne

I've heard good things about both organizations but I have not personally used either, yet.

http://store.kombuchakamp.com/Kefir-Grains/

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/cultures/kefir-making-cultures-supplies.html

There are other folks here who ferment so you will hopefully get other replies...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Flora

Thanks for the suggestions. Those are really overpriced though. The first link is $30 for 1 tbsp. You can get 1/4 cup for $15 on ebay. The second link is selling dehydrated grains. Maybe ebay is my best bet.

Lynne

That's disappointing! Let us know if you find someone on eBay who is good.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Pheo

Any reason you don't want dehydrated grains?  I had the Cultures for Health ones - they worked really well.  The only reason I'm not still using them is because I found out I like making yogurt way better.
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Flora

I just thought that dehydrated grains might not be as potent (maybe I'm wrong). And I didn't really want to spend 1-2 weeks reviving them. I have obtained some fresh ones. Using 2% milk right now...added a bit more than recommended because I'm thinking 2% isn't as nutritious for the grains as whole milk. We'll see how it turns out. Pretty excited. I hope I don't accidentally kill them, lol.