Secular criticism of birth control pills

Started by Jayne, February 18, 2014, 03:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

http://perezhilton.com/2014-02-15-ricki-lake-making-documentary-about-birth-control-side-effects-dangers-scaring#sthash.Tf8GTHyl.dpbs
CAUTION: Secular site. Read at own risk.

QuoteRicki Lake is teaming up with her friend & documentary maker Abby Epstein to battle another issue that is important to them!

Birth control pills!!

The ladies are tackling the possibly unknown side-effects of the pills and what effect it has on women's bodies!

They said:

"In the fifty years since its release, the birth control Pill has become synonymous with women's liberation and has been thought of as some sort of miracle drug. But now it's making women sick and so our goal with this film is to wake women up to the unexposed side effects of these powerful medications and the unforeseen consequences of repressing women's natural cycles."
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

OCLittleFlower

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Jayne

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on February 18, 2014, 03:36:21 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Getting anything right can be a first step.  When I first became Catholic, due to a deficient RCIA program I did not know that birth control was wrong.  But I did know that it was medically problematic.  That was enough to get me to use NFP.  That in turn led me to pay more attention to Church teaching on sexual matters which led me to have a better understanding of Church authority.

So I feel pretty hopeful when I see people recognize the physical dangers of birth control.  There is no knowing where it will lead.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Lynne

This is very interesting that Perez Hilton is covering this... He's uber liberal and gay.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bonaventure

The secular, liberal world is realizing these sins are harmful. I've read similar secular pieces in the solitary vice.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

verenaerin

This is great. I look forward to seeing the documentary.

I hope Gloria Steinem chokes on it.  :)

Penelope

Lake and Epstein made two great documentaries on natural childbirth versus the over-medicalization of labor and delivery. It's what convinced me to look into seeing a midwife instead of an OBGYN for both well-woman and prenatal care. I'm excited to see this new piece that they're working on. And the best part is that their target audience is liberal women, so maybe an unexpected result will be that more of these women will look into the Catholic Church, since we've been pointing out the (physical, mental, and spiritual) issues with "tampering with women's natural cycles" for a long, long time.

verenaerin

Quote from: Penelope on February 18, 2014, 04:52:46 PM
Lake and Epstein made two great documentaries on natural childbirth versus the over-medicalization of labor and delivery. It's what convinced me to look into seeing a midwife instead of an OBGYN for both well-woman and prenatal care. I'm excited to see this new piece that they're working on. And the best part is that their target audience is liberal women, so maybe an unexpected result will be that more of these women will look into the Catholic Church, since we've been pointing out the (physical, mental, and spiritual) issues with "tampering with women's natural cycles" for a long, long time.

I think I saw that one. Honestly, that is one of the good things that came out of the hippie movement (possibly the only). It is absolutely a fact that docs will manipulate their deliveries around their own schedules. And once you go down a certain path, you are on a time line and the outcomes as far as C/S, induction, Pitocin, etc.

If I had a choice, I would go to a midwife and a birthing center.