Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmw89

Last movie I saw was A Christmas Story, on TV a couple days ago.

How about youse guys?
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Kaesekopf

I've still never seen "A Christmas Story...."
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lyubov

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 27, 2012, 03:15:01 AM
I've still never seen "A Christmas Story...."

Me neither.

The last movie I watched was The Curse of the Golden Flower. Very nice visuals, but a weird movie.
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Mithrandylan

The wife and I were watching The Two Towers and then Return of the King on blu-ray...

kinda prepping before the hobbit.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Penelope

My fiance took me to see Skyfall in theaters, per my request (he had already seen it). It was excellent.

On television, though, the last movie I saw was A Christmas Story. Most excellent (secular) Christmas movie. It's my grandfather's favorite Christmas movie because it reminds him of what life was like when he was a little boy.

Rob

I was flipping through the channels on Christmas and found "The Song of Bernadette on TCM channel.  I never really watched the whole movie before but I was impressed with the acting and surprised to see a young Vincent Price was in the movie. Jenifer Jones was excellent too.
I'm just a troubled soul living in a modern world who is greatly misunderstood

Lyubov

Quote from: Rob on December 27, 2012, 06:53:42 PM
I was flipping through the channels on Christmas and found "The Song of Bernadette on TCM channel.  I never really watched the whole movie before but I was impressed with the acting and surprised to see a young Vincent Price was in the movie. Jenifer Jones was excellent too.

Haha, I noticed that on TV, too. The movie ran a bit long, but Vincent Price was the best part. I own that movie on DVD.
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Rob

I see why it won so many oscars
I'm just a troubled soul living in a modern world who is greatly misunderstood

Ancilla Domini

I can't even remember... It's been that long.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

EcceQuamBonum

Christmas Story.  Annual tradition.  Know the whole movie by heart at this point and still laugh through the whole thing. 

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"

;D
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Penelope

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on December 27, 2012, 10:14:37 PM
Christmas Story.  Annual tradition.  Know the whole movie by heart at this point and still laugh through the whole thing. 

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"

;D

My Facebook status on Christmas Eve was "Used all the glue. On purpose. Sorry."

tmw89

Watched The Trouble With Harry on Blu-ray today.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Ancilla Domini

Hat And Beard