Disturbing Article on Family Life

Started by VeraeFidei, June 15, 2013, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MamaOwl

Quote from: The Harlequin King on June 26, 2013, 11:42:10 AM
Quote from: MamaOwl on June 26, 2013, 07:23:51 AM
Not sure why you felt the need to reason with me. I don't care what you put on your babies' bums. Not sure why you care so much about what I put on mine. The amount of time that you assume goes into these things is ridiculous.

That's what I was thinking about when I read this whole thread. But Greg was just trolling you there.

I understand he was trolling. I just don't get why he's bothering. But, whatever.
Jesu cum Maria sit nobis in via.

Monsieur Dupin

Oh, Greg's just having his fun. He and Mama Owl are both great posters in their radically different ways.
Nos péchés sont têtus, nos repentirs sont lâches;
Nous nous faisons payer grassement nos aveux,
Et nous rentrons gaiement dans le chemin bourbeux,
Croyant par de vils pleurs laver toutes nos taches.

Jayne

Quote from: Monsieur Dupin on June 26, 2013, 02:05:00 PM
Oh, Greg's just having his fun. He and Mama Owl are both great posters in their radically different ways.

I prefer Mama Owl's way of being a great poster.  ;D
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: RealJayneK on June 26, 2013, 04:14:02 PM

Greg's pretty darned funny, though, and his jokes gave me a bit of a boost.

Normally I'd like to say he should go a little easy on a newbie, but since Mama Owl has been over on FE for several years now, I'm sure his dry, British humor isn't too much of a shock.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Jayne

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on June 26, 2013, 04:25:19 PM

Normally I'd like to say he should go a little easy on a newbie, but since Mama Owl has been over on FE for several years now, I'm sure his dry, British humor isn't too much of a shock.

You might not enjoy his humour so much if you were on the receiving end of it. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: RealJayneK on June 26, 2013, 04:27:41 PM
Quote from: OCLittleFlower on June 26, 2013, 04:25:19 PM

You might not enjoy his humour so much if you were on the receiving end of it.

He's clever enough that I wouldn't (and haven't) minded.  There aren't many groups of people that Greg hasn't poked a bit of fun at over the years -- and I'm in quite a few of those groups.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

LouisIX

Quote from: Greg on June 26, 2013, 06:26:53 AM
There is no point in reasoning with a person who makes their own detergent.

I have instructed my wife to give up her gym class, spinning, and she is currently welding a bicycle powered machine to make paper pulp from a nearby forest where there are an abundance of fallen trees.  We intend to make our own homemade paper diapers and then compost them to grow vegetables.

Meanwhile I am converting all four toilets in my house to composting toilets and once finished will be back to chastise you all for using drinking quality water to flush your poo away.

I don't know if this was supposed to be funny, but it's not.  MamaOwl came on to SD at the request of one of our moderators to discuss her use of cloth diapers.  She has never once implied that anyone else has to use cloth diapers, that she's better than anyone else for doing so, or even that using them makes sense for anyone else.

Again, maybe this was a joke, but it's insulting.  If you don't like cloth diapers then don't use them.  If you don't like people who make their own laundry detergent then don't do it.

People need to stop dogmatizing things which don't touch upon the faith or morals.  It's possible to be Catholic and to live, in many ways, quite differently than the other Catholics around you.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Greg

Quote from: MamaOwl on June 26, 2013, 07:23:51 AM
Not sure why you felt the need to reason with me. I don't care what you put on your babies' bums. Not sure why you care so much about what I put on mine. The amount of time that you assume goes into these things is ridiculous.

It's selfish thinking by people who think fresh potable water is a free resource that are turning the planet into a trash heap.  Even your home made washing powder has an environmental impact and unlike Procter and Gamble who can deal with all the by products and are regulated, you are flushing some nasties down the drain as a result of making detergent, which if everyone was doing would be much worse for the environment.

Why not make disposable diapers from home grown hemp and paper from fallen trees or better still recycled cardboard?  Then compost them like we do.

/sarc

Seriously.  God made the entire universe.  I am sure He has a plan to deal with 40,000,000,000,000,000 tons of disposable diapers used by people who were doing as he instructed in the first book of the Bible.

Give it a few million years and one of James' ancestors will be mining the diapercrystals and using them as a raw material to power hyperspace drives.

And some turd somewhere, no doubt, will be complaining it is "ungodly" to leave the Milky Way and move to the Andromeda Galaxy.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Der Kaiser

Quote from: erin is nice on June 15, 2013, 12:34:43 PM
I love that dads today are spending so much more time with their babies and children, and doing more baby care! It's not only good for the babies to have a better bond with their fathers, it's good for the fathers as well.

WE AGREE! The end times must be near. ;D My dad worked so much when i was young i didn't even begin to form a relationship with him until i was in college. If modern women insist on working fine, but no daycare if this means we need to split time up between jobs to take car of kids fine, but this can't be allowed to lead to mom or dad always working while the other is at home during her/his non work hours. The whole family needs to sit down together at least once a day for dinner and prayers.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X