Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Morning, Bernadette! Glad you could join us. Do you have a muffin, or maybe a bagel? I'm hungry. Ask Lynne.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 28, 2016, 06:49:58 AM
Morning, Bernadette! Glad you could join us. Do you have a muffin, or maybe a bagel? I'm hungry. Ask Lynne.

:lol:

I don't usually eat breakfast these days. Just a snack in the afternoon, dinner, and a snack in the evening lately. Though my aunt did make some excellent double-chocolate muffins yesterday for my birthday. They are literally the best muffins I've ever eaten (and I've eaten a few!). Help yourself.  :)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Thank you Bernadette, they sound wonderful. Do they have even a tiny bit of fiber in them so I can justify this decadence?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

Quote from: Bernadette on September 28, 2016, 06:55:21 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 28, 2016, 06:49:58 AM

:lol:

I don't usually eat breakfast these days. Just a snack in the afternoon, dinner, and a snack in the evening lately. Though my aunt did make some excellent double-chocolate muffins yesterday for my birthday. They are literally the best muffins I've ever eaten (and I've eaten a few!). Help yourself.  :)

Happy birthday!

:cheer:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Happy birthday Bernadette! Can't believe I missed that in your post. Too busy thinking up snark for Lynne. Happy, holy day to you, sweetheart. I can say that. I am old enough to be your mother!

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 28, 2016, 07:25:09 AM
Happy birthday Bernadette! Can't believe I missed that in your post. Too busy thinking up snark for Lynne. Happy, holy day to you, sweetheart. I can say that. I am old enough to be your mother!

How kind of you! My birthday was Sunday, the day our Parish Mission started. :) The muffins are late, but I consider it sort of a "birthday week" kind of thing.  ;)

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 28, 2016, 07:01:35 AM
Thank you Bernadette, they sound wonderful. Do they have even a tiny bit of fiber in them so I can justify this decadence?

Well, chocolate's good for moving the digestive system along.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Good morning. Will be leaving soon for Port Huron. Wedding. God bless!

Carleendiane

A heart felt good morning to all. No saccharine here! It's raining and who cares! Still a good morning. OC, I drank some angry orchards yesterday. Good idea about AO. You inspired me to buy some for the wedding. You would not believe the left overs. It was cold, and it seems the order of the day was COLD beer. Go figure. Hot beef rib tips and wings left over. Party at my house tonight! And no, it's not a hoe down, even if it's in my barn.

Chestertonian, we will help you without you having to get out of chair. No we are not specifically wheelchair accessible, but the barn doors are wide and no steps. Unless you want to go to loft. I do not recommend that. What if we drop you?
. .

Chestertonian

You could try a catapult... Good science project for the homeschooled kids
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on September 30, 2016, 08:02:09 AM
You could try a catapult... Good science project for the homeschooled kids

If the home schoolers I know make a catapult, belive me, we just may have to peel you off the ceiling or side of the barn. Ches, we don't want that.

Carleendiane

Lynne, you here this morning? Keep you muffin. I'm not hungry!

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 30, 2016, 08:16:13 AM

I'm working from home today. Had a bagel. I'm cold but don't want to turn the heat on. I may have another cup of coffee...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lynne on September 30, 2016, 08:54:08 AM

I'm working from home today. Had a bagel. I'm cold but don't want to turn the heat on. I may have another cup of coffee...

Grab an afghan, and have a great day Lynne! Do you prefer working from home? I'm afraid I would not be so disciplined if I worked at home.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 30, 2016, 08:59:03 AM
Quote from: Lynne on September 30, 2016, 08:54:08 AM

Grab an afghan, and have a great day Lynne! Do you prefer working from home? I'm afraid I would not be so disciplined if I worked at home.

I like working from home but I wouldn't want to have to do it every day. My job is kind of strange, I have specific tasks to do each month and when those tasks are done, I look for busy work to do (on my computer). Today, I'm in busy work mode.

MundaCorMeum

My in laws stopped by after dinner last night, and my mother in law brought  a container of muffins.  The kids wiped them out for breakfast, though.....none left to share.  Good thing you aren't hungry today, Carleen!  ;)