What's worse, women wearing pants or women wearing short skirts?

Started by Daniel, October 31, 2019, 09:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

queen.saints

Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 11, 2019, 08:30:12 AM
Quote from: Sempronius on November 04, 2019, 12:00:40 PM

Nowadays skirts reveal quite a lot of her figure. And the femininity makes it even more attractive.

My choice for a women would be pants (if they dont want to dress like a 18th century farm girl)

What?? "Nowadays skirt reveal..." What skirts exactly? Do you realize there are approximately 200 different kinds of skirts available at every large mall in America? Some are very revealing, some not. Some are very very modest. There are current issues of Vogue with women in ankle length wool skirts. You are basing your assertions and a very limited understanding of modern fashion. No one who wants to wear loose, flowing, modest skirts needs to "dress like an 18th century farm girl." She can dress like an attractive, fashionable women from 2019. Pants are immodest about 99% of the time because of the areas of a women's body that they highlight.

One of the latest editions of another famous magazine that was running a special fashion edition prominently featured long wool skirts and dresses to the wrists and throat.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: Miriam_M on November 12, 2019, 02:36:07 AM
Quote from: coffeeandcigarette on November 11, 2019, 05:08:13 PM
The original comment I was replying to was arguing for modesty based on woman's "job" being to be attractive. This is a different thing.

But some others would not have interpreted such a statement about woman's nature (beauty in the context of modesty)  to mean that "looking beautiful" is the same as passivity (not doing work).  Yet you did assume that when you jumped from "looking beautiful" to sitting on the couch not performing the duties of one's state in life. The second concept does not follow from the first.  No one said that because God intended women to be bearers of beauty, He also wanted them to be statues.

To say that a man's job is to work and a woman's to beautify implies that her job is not to work...I was mostly kidding. If the statement was "It is a woman's job to beautify" than fine. However, it was a comparative statement.

Maximilian

Quote from: queen.saints on November 12, 2019, 03:27:10 AM

One of the latest editions of another famous magazine that was running a special fashion edition prominently featured long wool skirts and dresses to the wrists and throat.

You are referring to a recent fashion magazine insert to the Wall Street Journal. The entire edition looked like it could have been targeted towards Amish and Muslim women. Apparently modest fashions are cutting-edge on Wall Street today.

queen.saints

Quote from: Maximilian on November 12, 2019, 12:18:51 PM
Quote from: queen.saints on November 12, 2019, 03:27:10 AM

You are referring to a recent fashion magazine insert to the Wall Street Journal. The entire edition looked like it could have been targeted towards Amish and Muslim women. Apparently modest fashions are cutting-edge on Wall Street today.

Ah, that's right.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

clau clau

I think men 'identifying as women' wearing short skirts is worse. (/sarcasm)  ;D

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)