Happy Divine Mercy Sunday!

Started by Kaesekopf, April 07, 2024, 03:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dueSicilie

Trolling on one's own forum

Miriam_M

I really have no objection to Divine Mercy Sunday.  If it gets more people to Confession (it did in two of my local parishes where I was today), I'm fine with it. 

A while back I thought it detracted from the Easter season or set it in competition with it, but the way it was emphasized today had very little to do with Faustina and almost everything to do with the mercy activated by the Passion and Resurrection.

LausTibiChriste

Chaplet: For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion, have Mercy on us and the whole world.

Trads: HeReSy!!!!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

crossingtherubicon

Not sure a lot of purgatory time was wiped yesterday.

Miriam_M

Quote from: crossingtherubicon on April 08, 2024, 07:08:48 AMNot sure a lot of purgatory time was wiped yesterday.

Maybe not, but what business is it of ours?
What I object to in the devotion is any substitution of it for the rosary, especially by priests.

crossingtherubicon

Quote from: Miriam_M on April 08, 2024, 12:23:09 PM
Quote from: crossingtherubicon on April 08, 2024, 07:08:48 AMNot sure a lot of purgatory time was wiped yesterday.

Maybe not, but what business is it of ours?
What I object to in the devotion is any substitution of it for the rosary, especially by priests.

I agree, I think they are 2 different things.  The rosary is the summit of spiritual warfare, the divine mercy devotion I think is good for people that have a lot of resentment toward those who have sinned against them.  And in addition, divine mercy sunday, if utilized for both confession and the Eucharist can clear all purgatory time.  3 different things.