Theory about The Crisis and the chaos

Started by Miriam_M, October 29, 2018, 11:51:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemac

I wouldn't doubt that it was an older sermon that was just published to Youtube on Aug 17, 2018.  In fact it has to be because it says this in the commentary below the video, "A sermon on the Feast of Christ the King on the Church in crisis."
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

james03

OK. I hereby retract and apologize for saying he opposed Catholics who voted for Trump.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

mikemac

Quote from: james03 on October 29, 2018, 02:51:47 PM
QuoteJames, I think you are reading a whole lot into what this priest says, without him even saying it.

On his points that the laity are to blame, and that these errors are due to God's POSITIVE Will, I disagree.

That he will degrade and become bitter, you might be right.  That is just pattern recognition.  The Novus Ordo's were huge fans of Wojtyla.  Then he allowed Communion in the paw.  They then became the worst strident enemies of Trads.  Father is already castigating Trads, blaming the laity for this mess.  Now I sin seven times a day, but I don't sodomize kids, I don't cover up for pedophiles, and I don't teach my kids that adultery is acceptable. 

He's putting on a good show to keep from thinking about the heresies and crimes emanating from Rome.  I believe it is called Cognitive Dissonance.

You say, "Father is already castigating Trads, blaming the laity for this mess."  I think this priest is an FSSP priest, is he not?  When he is referring to the laity I don't think he is referring to just Trads, but the whole Church, Novus Ordo Catholics as well.  So he is not just castigating Trads.  Castigate me if you need to for also recognizing Novus Ordo Catholics as part of the Catholic laity.

And again, it's an old sermon, from before the McCarrick and Pennsylvania mess.
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

Source

james03

Look, if he had gotten up and recognized the horrible mess of the Church, in its Pope, bishops, and priests, and then preached that we can't do much about it, and that we should not get distracted, but instead work on our own lives, I would support him.

However he didn't do that.  He blamed the mess in the Church on the laity.  That is in error.

Why did Catholics vote for Obama?  Because the bishops were silent.  Heck Notre Dame gave the reprobate an honorary degree while jailing an 80 year old pro-life priest.  Where was the Pope?  Where was the bishop?
Why did Catholics go to ecumenical events?  Because the bishops were hosting them.
Why did Catholics accept contraception?  Because priests told them it was ok in the confessional and no longer condemned it from the pulpit.
Why do Catholics get divorced?  Because the priests were silent and gave communion to them.  Now they tell them it is fine.
Why did Catholics accept evolution?  Because the Church said that was fine.
Why do Catholics accept fag marriage?  Because priests are blessing such arrangements and refuse to preach that sodomites burn in hell.
Why do women kennel their children in strangercare?  Because the Church dare not condemn feminism and will never tell women to obey their husbands.

He ignored all of that (and a heck of a lot more).
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Elizabeth

Quote from: james03 on October 29, 2018, 02:51:47 PM

He's putting on a good show to keep from thinking about the heresies and crimes emanating from Rome.  I believe it is called Cognitive Dissonance.
Not sure this is exactly so, but for some reason I couldn't continue listening.  He's a very powerful and good preacher, but there is something I can't put my finger on here.

Miriam_M

To clarify, the reason I posted this was that it touched on a theme I have seen on SD in the past:  the belief by many posters that Catholics "deserve" the Crisis and even (pre-V2) "brought it on by their own infidelity/lukewarmness."  (The quotation marks indicate paraphrases.)  And that supposedly (continuing along the same lines), the reason that the Church is not yet restored is at least partly (if not greatly) due to insufficient holiness on the part of contemporary Catholics.

I do not agree with the priest that the Crisis is largely, let alone entirely, an expression of Divine Justice.  It's my opinion, however, that the hierarchy took a calculated but logical risk in proceeding as it did with the Council -- the risk obviously being that those men believed that they would find a receptive audience among the Church as a whole.  And unfortunately they predicted correctly:  a minority stayed within the Church and also stayed with Tradition, while the majority either abandoned Catholicism (and their religious vocations) altogether, or accepted a revolutionized, modernistic definition of the faith.

Where I differ most with him is assuming --this is a corollary of his premise-- that the majority who left or "accepted" the new religion (whether in bewilderment or submission) did so for reasons of moral/spiritual weakness rather than political weakness.  I think most "went along" for two reasons:  (1) helplessness/confusion and (2) the seductive language and promises in which the new religion was explained.  Regarding the latter, the audience most receptive to such language and promises was the idealistic youth that came of age during the Council.  That would include the young priests who were being ordained about that time.  Laity and clergy that was just reaching adulthood at that time were Baby Boomers -- a very large population that would then "define" the Church for the foreseeable future after the Council and importantly constituted a majority.

Regarding the "seductive" part, many theologians would connect such language with how Satan does business and would refer to "the smoke of Satan entering the Church" as confirmation of it.

Moreover, the revolution would not have been successful without the political clout of the popes, cardinals, and bishops that orchestrated some of it and permitted the rest of it.  If anything, it was the hierarchy's Permissive Will that was perhaps the strongest force enabling the deterioration and anarchy that followed, because the hierarchy rejected its own authority.  Is the priest in question blaming the laity for the fact that clergy abandoned their flocks?  If so, that's his weakest point.

His strongest point, i.m.o., is his reference to the OT and NT (Pauline) theology wherein God "gives men up" to their (immoral) desires and the consequences of those desires.  However, many theologians would classify that demonstration of Divine Will as permissive, rather than positive.

mikemac

Quote from: james03 on October 29, 2018, 03:20:13 PM
Look, if he had gotten up and recognized the horrible mess of the Church, in its Pope, bishops, and priests, and then preached that we can't do much about it, and that we should not get distracted, but instead work on our own lives, I would support him.

However he didn't do that.  He blamed the mess in the Church on the laity.  That is in error.

Why did Catholics vote for Obama?  Because the bishops were silent.  Heck Notre Dame gave the reprobate an honorary degree while jailing an 80 year old pro-life priest.  Where was the Pope?  Where was the bishop?
Why did Catholics go to ecumenical events?  Because the bishops were hosting them.
Why did Catholics accept contraception?  Because priests told them it was ok in the confessional and no longer condemned it from the pulpit.
Why do Catholics get divorced?  Because the priests were silent and gave communion to them.  Now they tell them it is fine.
Why did Catholics accept evolution?  Because the Church said that was fine.
Why do Catholics accept fag marriage?  Because priests are blessing such arrangements and refuse to preach that sodomites burn in hell.
Why do women kennel their children in strangercare?  Because the Church dare not condemn feminism and will never tell women to obey their husbands.

He ignored all of that (and a heck of a lot more).

Well I can't disagree with any of that.  He did ignore all of that.  But it is not like he is saying something that we haven't heard before.

"The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pius XI."  Our Lady of Fatima

Source

Gardener

Quote from: james03 on October 29, 2018, 02:08:12 PM
25:30.

Note the person who puts up the video showed a picture of Obama.  However Obama is not the President, so "that man in the White House" is Trump.  This sermon is from 2018.

If Father was referring to Obama, I'll retract.  I find that hard to believe.

For the others, if this video is too long, just start at 24:00 to get to his point.

I agree that this is a chastisement, but it was because our leaders fell.  It is not God's positive will -- that is blasphemy.  Go back and read the Pope Leo prophecy.

The sermon is from at least 2013. Steve at Sensus Fidelium posts older content sometimes, so you cannot go by the upload date on the channel.

http://www.veritascaritas.com/podcast/spiritual-contraception/
The remark is made at ~25:24 in the Veritas audio.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: mikemac on October 29, 2018, 04:17:53 PM
"The war is going to end: but if people do not cease offending God, a worse one will break out during the Pontificate of Pius XI."  Our Lady of Fatima

Sr Lucy wrote down this 'prediction' in 1941, after the war had started.  She made no mention of it prior to that year, either verbally or in writing.

Predictions should be made before the event has taken place, not after.

And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

mikemac

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on October 29, 2018, 10:35:18 PM

Sr Lucy wrote down this 'prediction' in 1941, after the war had started.  She made no mention of it prior to that year, either verbally or in writing.

QuoteSome have complained that the second prophecy was not disclosed until August 1941, after World War II had already begun. However, the provenance of the document is easily traced to 1935, when it was first written down, though Sister Lucia avowed that the three children first received it in June 1917.
Source - http://www.crystalinks.com/fatima.html

This is rather amazing.  The light in the sky on the night of Jan. 25-26, 1938 took place at the very same hours of the Rakovsky interrogation (Stalin purges) in which the idea of the Hitler-Stalin pact to invade Poland came about which led directly to World War II.

QuoteAnd here again is Deidre Manifold on the coincidence in timing between the "unknown light" and the Rakovsky interrogation:

The exact timing of the questioning is significant. It took place from midnight to 6 A.M. on the night of January 25-26, 1938. It is important to note that Moscow time is three hours ahead of Western European time. As reported in the daily press all over Western Europe, and in the New York Times on January 26, 1938, a strange bright light lit up the sky all across Europe from 6:30 to 9:30 P.M. on the previous evening. This would have been between 9:30 P.M. and 12:30 A.M. Moscow time. The serious questioning of Rakovsky began at about 12:30 A.M. Moscow time.

When the bright light shone in the sky, Sister Lucia, the Fatima seer, in her convent in Spain, let it be known that this was the sign given by God, and foretold by Our Lady of Fatima on July 13, 1917, that a major war would soon occur.

Now we can conclude that the exact timing of the Rakovsky interview was astounding.

The "unknown light" shown in the Western Europe evening sky throughout the entire first half hour of the Rakovsky interview at which point it faded. But the same unknown light shown in the evening skies of North America almost till the end of the interview.

As Our Lady's prophesied "unknown light" illuminated the evening skies of Europe and North America, the top Communist, Freemason, and Rothschild agent Christian Rakovsky was giving Stalin's chief interrogator the strategy to approach Hitler with the idea of the Hitler-Stalin pact. This was the idea which led directly to World War II ...
Source - http://www.realnews247.com/rakovsky_interrogation.htm

Source

james03

QuoteThe sermon is from at least 2013. Steve at Sensus Fidelium posts older content sometimes, so you cannot go by the upload date on the channel.

Yeah, rub it in.  I already apologized.

Joking aside, thanks for the confirmation.

King Wenceslas

Quote from: awkwardcustomer on October 29, 2018, 10:35:18 PM

I see you are a follower of "Evil Lucia" theory who made up many false prophecies.

Our Lady came to save us from what was coming and we throw bricks at her.

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: mikemac on October 30, 2018, 09:50:45 AM
QuoteSome have complained that the second prophecy was not disclosed until August 1941, after World War II had already begun. However, the provenance of the document is easily traced to 1935, when it was first written down, though Sister Lucia avowed that the three children first received it in June 1917.
Source - http://www.crystalinks.com/fatima.html

This claim contradicts Sr Lucy's own words as written in her diaries. 

Sr Lucy's diaries consist of four separate Memoirs.  The first two were indeed written in the 1930s.  But neither contains the text of the First and Second secrets, or indeed any mention of them.

In Sr Lucy's Third Memoir, written in 1941, she announces that she will reveal the Secrets. She also explains why she has kept silent about them until this time and why she didn't reveal the Secrets to the Canonical Enquiry into Fatima.

In Sr Lucy's Fourth Memoir, also written in 1941, she explains that she has promised  to reveal everything about Fatima.  Again she explains her silence about the Secrets until then, and writes down the First and Second Secrets, but not the Third.

Who are 'Crystalinks' anyway. You've quoted them as if they were an authority and yet a quick check shows that they have their dates mixed up.

Read Sr Lucy's own diaries.  She revealed the First and Second Secrets containing the 'prophecy' about the war and the light in the sky for the first time in 1941, in her Third Memoir.

She says so herself.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  

Gardener

How can a private revelation be validly approved when a Seer admits withholding pertinent information?

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Gardener on October 30, 2018, 03:58:42 PM
How can a private revelation be validly approved when a Seer admits withholding pertinent information?

She didn't admit to witholding the Secrets until after the 1930 approval.