Severe restrictions on the TLM in Arlington

Started by Antoninus, July 29, 2022, 04:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instaurare omnia

Quote from: Mr. Mysterious on July 31, 2022, 02:32:55 PM
I've said it before in other places and I'll say it again: this is yet another reason not to give one penny to the collection plate at any church where they're under the thumbs of these bishops because time and again they've proven that they're the enemy and can't be trusted.

For those who'll say that if the collection plate dries up then they'll close the churches, my response is they've been doing that for years and will continue to do so. They just want their last pound of flesh before they close them.

A dry collection plate is pennies compared to the market value of the land on which some of these churches stand.  :( :pray2:
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Mr. Mysterious

Quote from: Instaurare omnia on July 31, 2022, 05:50:51 PM
Quote from: Mr. Mysterious on July 31, 2022, 02:32:55 PM
I've said it before in other places and I'll say it again: this is yet another reason not to give one penny to the collection plate at any church where they're under the thumbs of these bishops because time and again they've proven that they're the enemy and can't be trusted.

For those who'll say that if the collection plate dries up then they'll close the churches, my response is they've been doing that for years and will continue to do so. They just want their last pound of flesh before they close them.

A dry collection plate is pennies compared to the market value of the land on which some of these churches stand.  :( :pray2:

I understand that, but as I mentioned that's been going on for years and will continue to do so but at the same time if my advice is taken they won't get parishioners' money in the process. Given the rate of inflation these days it hits home even more.
"Take courage! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Padraig

Considering that many, if not most, of these churches are in the inner city, I wonder if their real estate value really vastly outweighs the collection value.

Jmartyr

Quote from: Padraig on August 01, 2022, 03:12:39 PM
Considering that many, if not most, of these churches are in the inner city, I wonder if their real estate value really vastly outweighs the collection value.
Is your avatar Savonarola? He makes me think of Lefebvre using his example as a precedence for some of his controversial actions.
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Frank

Quote from: Jmartyr on August 01, 2022, 05:14:25 PM
Quote from: Padraig on August 01, 2022, 03:12:39 PM
Is your avatar Savonarola? He makes me think of Lefebvre using his example as a precedence for some of his controversial actions.

https://mydailyartdisplay.uk/2011/05/31/portrait-of-savonarola-by-fra-bartolomeo/
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

Padraig

Quote from: Jmartyr on August 01, 2022, 05:14:25 PM

Yes it is! I've always greatly admired Savonarola, and thought that there are strong parallels between him and Lefebvre. I'm not familiar with Lefebvre using him as an example of precedent, though, I'd love to read that.

Elizabeth

I gather nobody here remembers Loverde.  First thing he did was try to outlaw kneeling.  Stephen Brady of RCF had a conference and a quietly kneeling protest.  So kneeling continued, but the cabal definitely moved into this powerful and wealthy diocese at the sudden and suspicious death of Cardinal Keating.  I am only surprised and delighted that so many TLMS ended up there.  Every other person is a Valedictorian there and politically oriented. 
May God raise up saints for His Church.  :pray3: