Anyone else having trouble with the Preview feature?

Started by Miriam_M, March 25, 2022, 11:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam_M

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 25, 2022, 02:37:28 PM
I don't see any errors in the SD logs.

Feel free to email me the link, Miriam, and I can poke around...

Done.

Heinrich

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on March 25, 2022, 02:50:06 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 25, 2022, 02:37:28 PM
I don't see any errors in the SD logs.
Excellent...

QuoteFeel free to email me the link, Miriam, and I can poke around...

I was here first. If there is a cool string to be examined, I want it. If it is another PICNIC situation, you can have it though. But there is a possibility of something neat.

So you are a moderator?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Heinrich on March 25, 2022, 03:40:59 PM
So you are a moderator?

No, I'm a forum admin, with web development and hacking experience and knowledge. For the rest, it is all here and here.

Helping people with problems can be done as a regular user and does not require moderator privileges. As a user of this forum who finds it to be too slow and frequently uninterested and uninformative, the occasional opportunity to help someone is personally gratifying if they want assistance.

Heinrich

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on March 25, 2022, 03:48:46 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on March 25, 2022, 03:40:59 PM
So you are a moderator?

No, I'm a forum admin, with web development and hacking experience and knowledge. For the rest, it is all here and here.

Helping people with problems can be done as a regular user and does not require moderator privileges. As a user of this forum who finds it to be too slow and frequently uninterested and uninformative, the occasional opportunity to help someone is personally gratifying if they want assistance.

Of course, if they just stop responding in the middle and don't follow-up with me as I try to help them, I find that disrespectful enough to add it to the list of reasons why I generally avoid interacting with users.

Why do you post here, then?
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Heinrich on March 25, 2022, 03:53:21 PM
Why do you post here, then?

Where is "here"? This thread, this board, this entire forum?

For this thread: to try to help someone with something where I could have probably helped resolve the issue and possibly found something interesting personally. It is likely a PICNIC error, but it might not be and that would be interesting.

This board: because this board is part of the forum and there are all sorts of posts of mine in this board, ranging from responses to questions about the forum, suggestions for the forum, tutorials, chat related posting and announcements (as it is mine), and replies to such things.

This forum: that is deserving of its own thread as there is a lot to that question.

As for this forum otherwise, I do have a futile hope that October will arrive, but if we must endure September forever, I will.

Miriam_M

To be clear, my laughing icon in my last reply was a response to what I assumed was a light and joking rivalry.

I did send the information I had to KK, but that really isn't much more than I've shared publicly here.

When I sent him the "forbidden" link, LOL, it formatted in my email as block formatting instead of the usual running characters, rendering it impossible to open.  That was the only occasion in which that happened.  Wasn't happening when trying to upload the link on this forum or when emailing the link to myself.

Heinrich

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 25, 2022, 04:40:55 PM
To be clear, my laughing icon in my last reply was a response to what I assumed was a light and joking rivalry.

I did send the information I had to KK, but that really isn't much more than I've shared publicly here.

When I sent him the "forbidden" link, LOL, it formatted in my email as block formatting instead of the usual running characters, rendering it impossible to open.  That was the only occasion in which that happened.  Wasn't happening when trying to upload the link on this forum or when emailing the link to myself.

I am certainly glad to have identified the problem and given you some closure to it. What's interesting is that I don't have an IT portfolio of skills like some other who hasn't triangulated.

TerrorDæmonum

It was a joke and you interpreted it lightly. I was responding to Heinrich about general activity.

I'm still interested in the link though. It sounds like it contained control characters or something. From what you wrote, it is was a link to a book on the Internet Archive somewhere. Could you identify the specific book in question?

Quote from: Heinrich on March 25, 2022, 04:43:46 PM
What's interesting is that I don't have an IT portfolio of skills like some other who hasn't triangulated.
I am not Pythagoras.

Heinrich

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on March 25, 2022, 04:48:38 PM

It was a joke and you interpreted it lightly. I was responding to Heinrich about general activity.

I'm still interested in the link though. It sounds like it contained control characters or something. From what you wrote, it is was a link to a book on the Internet Archive somewhere. Could you identify the specific book in question?

What's interesting is that I don't have an IT portfolio of skills like some other who hasn't triangulated.
I am not Pythagoras.

Why do you have to make everything about you? How do you know I had in mind? If one applies your threshhold, could wemsay your are guilty of rash judgement?

Miriam_M

Quote from: TerrorDæmonum on March 25, 2022, 04:48:38 PM

if you go here,
https://www.google.com/search?q=catechism+of+council+of+trent+%28with+supplemental+reading%29&sxsrf=APq-WBudLpXJqJf2vIObaj8kPmu36ug1KQ%3A1648248734364&source=hp&ei=nkc-YqT6E9Pk9AP33qWABQ&iflsig=AHkkrS4AAAAAYj5VrhgO8tHdQtL9G-CsCbEPAw107fPG&ved=0ahUKEwikwb6CreL2AhVTMn0KHXdvCVAQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=catechism+of+council+of+trent+%28with+supplemental+reading%29&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEKIEMgUIABCiBDIFCAAQogQ6BAgjECc6BQgAEJECOggILhDUAhCRAjoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQ0QM6DgguEIAEELEDEMcBEKMCOggIABCABBCxAzoICC4QsQMQgwE6BAgAEEM6BwgAELEDEEM6BAguEEM6EQguEIAEELEDEIMBEMcBEKMCOgcIABDJAxBDOgUIABCSAzoICC4QgAQQsQM6EQguEIAEELEDEMcBEKMCENQCOgsIABCABBCxAxDJAzoKCC4QgAQQhwIQFDoKCAAQgAQQhwIQFDoFCAAQgAQ6CwguEIAEEMcBEK8BOggILhCABBDUAjoGCAAQFhAeOggIABAWEAoQHjoFCAAQhgM6BQghEKABOggIIRAWEB0QHjoFCCEQqwJQAFiAS2DzUGgAcAB4AIABsAGIAYErkgEFNDIuMTWYAQCgAQE&sclient=gws-wiz

and select the item right underneath the "People Also Ask" feature, you will find the correct address beginning with "ia"

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Heinrich on March 25, 2022, 04:56:57 PM
Why do you have to make everything about you? How do you know I had in mind?
Who made threads about me, responds to threads about me, comments on my activity as if it matters, etc?

If one applies your threshhold, could wemsay your are guilty of rash judgement?

You could say whatever you want and many people on this forum do, but rash judgement is about morality, not attribution of statements. I don't think I made any significant moral reference here. It is just technical and social discussion.

But if you want to get into attributing some evil to me spuriously because you don't know what the words you use actually mean, that is another discussion, but it is for another thread. This is just a technical and social discussion.

Miriam_M

I am certainly glad to have identified the problem and given you some closure to it. What's interesting is that I don't have an IT portfolio of skills like some other who hasn't triangulated.

Perhaps we will soon find out whether the problem can be unraveled or whether I am truly being cyber-attacked.
:hide:

Heinrich

Yes, and I am technically and socially dominating it. zBased level.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Miriam_M on March 25, 2022, 04:57:41 PM
if you go here,
you will find the correct address beginning with "ia"
Thanks. This is cool. I will analyze it. It is not what it appears to be, as the exact same behavior occurred as you described.

I will report my findings after I examine it.

TerrorDæmonum

Final analysis: there is no problem with the link or the users' computers. This is not a PICNIC error!