Looking For A Book By A Sedevacantist Priest/Bishop

Started by TerrorDæmonum, December 22, 2021, 06:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

I rarely post here and don't get usually get involved in discussions on the matters that are the topic of this board. But, this board is likely the highest concentration of SVs on this forum so it is probably the best place to ask.

Are there any Sedevacantist publications of accounts of exorcisms conducted under the authority of a Sedevacantist bishop in modern days that you can recommend?

GiftOfGod

Are you referring to the well known exorcist Bishop Robert McKenna?
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

TerrorDæmonum

No. I'm looking for books and I figured people here would know of such books published more recently.

The work of his that I have found was not congruent with other writings of exorcists (in fact, he'd be a very bad example, unless there has been same grave misinformation campaign that has overwhelmed the truth).

I'm more looking for accounts of Sedevacantist Bishops having exorcists conducted under their authority by Sedevacantist priests.

I'm not looking for sensational accounts of demonic activity, but the accounts of exorcists who acting under the authority of the Church have experience in conducting exorcisms. Most exorcists keep their identity secret, to avoid the sensationalism and because it is a spiritually demanding role, but a few have consistently published their accounts and views so others may know the truth of the demonic influence in this world.

It is interesting. The newest books by exorcists are in agreement with older, and they are consistent in emphasizing that the authority of the Church is needed in performing a major exorcism by an authorized priest and that the attempts to act without the authority may even invite mockery by the demons who know they are acting without proper authorization. When they write about the rituals used, they seem to favour the older rituals as being more effective in their experience, even if they are not otherwise using older rites and forms elsewhere.

One of the major roles of the Church, from the beginning, has been casting out demons.

lauermar

Yes, this is true. Fr. Ripperger said he has heard the devil say to others: on whose authority are you trying to exorcise me? This was in cases where the bishop's permission wasn't explicitly granted.

The Sedevacantists have bishops. I do not know if the demon recognizes their authority since they are not on the barque with Peter. I once asked Mario Derksen at NovusOrdoWatch about this. He says there are rarely any exorcisms or calls for exorcisms from the laity because the Sedevacantist congregation is so small. He guessed that a Sedevacantist priest may have to go to the local archdiocese to get permission.

Even Ripperger who is on the barque, has stated that after the Pachamama debacle in 2019, he has had greater difficulty casting out demons and frequently calls for fasting and prayers from the laity.

In the modern exorcism rite, fasting is not promoted the way it was in the old rite. That's what I've heard. Therefore, it takes that much longer.

The best Sedevacantist book ever written in my opinion was "Work Of Human Hands" by the late Fr. Cekada who was on this forum before he passed away from cancer in 2020. God rest his soul. You can still buy the book online.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: lauermar on December 27, 2021, 07:44:33 PM
He says there are rarely any exorcisms or calls for exorcisms from the laity because the Sedevacantist congregation is so small. He guessed that a Sede priest may have to go to the local diocese to get permission.
Exorcists rarely deal with their own parishioners. People seek them out from all over, even non-Catholic sects, who recognize that the Catholic Church has experience and authority on this matter.

In the modern exorcism rite, fasting is not promoted the way it was in the old rite. That's what I've heard. Therefore, it takes that much longer.
In a book from an exorcist, he states that many exorcists prefer the old rite and consider it more effective.

QuoteThe best Sedevacantist book ever written in my opinon was "Work Of Human Hands" by the late Fr. Cekada who was on this forum before he passed away from cancer in 2020. God rest his soul. You can still buy the book online.

I am familiar with it, but it has nothing to do with exorcisms. I had some interactions with him back in the day on forums.

The issue is the reality that the Church has real authority over the spiritual realm: to bind and unbind, to cast out demons, to make morally obligatory laws.

The lack of "signs and wonders" from those who should, if their claims were believed, but the most or only able to do these things.

But one does not see it.

They have adherence to the old rite and old texts, to be sure. They have care not to be ambiguous in certain discussions, but they are in others. They can try to make a TV episode about an exorcism, but fail though.

GiftOfGod

The best Sedevacantist book ever written in my opinion was "Work Of Human Hands" by the late Fr. Cekada who was on this forum before he passed away from cancer in 2020. God rest his soul. You can still buy the book online.
That's not a "Sedevacantist book". Many reviewers noted that there is no mention or even implication of sedevacantism. It's a theological critique of the NO Mass.
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 27, 2021, 08:03:11 PM
That's not a "Sedevacantist book". Many reviewers noted that there is no mention or even implication of sedevacantism. It's a theological critique of the NO Mass.

A focused scholarly work is to be praised.

This thread was not about a Sedevacantist book, but a book by a Sedevacantist.

There has to be more to the Sedevacantists than Sedevacantism. Even if they are right, they still have a mission beyond judging who is or isn't the Pope. The Church isn't a political succession machine. It has a real mission and purpose.

lauermar

To argue that it is only a book written by a Sedevantist without facts being presented from his viewpoint is playing a game with semantics. I have the hard copy. Did any of you read it all the way through? I did.

It is a scholarly work, with many primary sources, and it presents the facts of the modernist revolution, yes. And the final chapter of the book contains Fr. Cekeda's argument in favor of Sedevacantism. That chapter is an editorial. It would not be in the book if he wasn't Sedevacantist. I'm not saying this is wrong, but it does reflect the viewpoint.

There are no Sedevacantist books on exorcism to my knowledge. Your thread title says you're looking for a book by a Sede priest. You didn't specify exorcism in the title. Why don't you contact SGG in Westchester and ask?
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Michael Wilson

In Fr. Amorth's book, "An Exorcists Speaks", he said that he witnessed Protestant Evangelicals performing a public exorcism on a possessed person and it worked. I don't know if it was a true exorcism or not. But Fr. Amorth was troubled by this.
He also stated in an interview that he refused to use the new rite of exorcism, as it is ineffective; and he said that other exorcists that he has consulted had the same experience. He said that when the Vatican reformed the old rite, no Exorcists were consulted.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

GiftOfGod

Quote from: lauermar on December 28, 2021, 06:44:16 AM
To argue that it is only a book written by a Sedevantist without facts being presented from his viewpoint is playing a game with semantics. I have the hard copy. Did any of you read it all the way through? I did.
And yet you either don't realize that the New Mass is a Modernist (heretical) Mass or you just don't care.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 28, 2021, 01:50:59 PM
And yet you either don't realize that the New Mass is a Modernist (heretical) Mass or you just don't care.

Modernism is a condemned and defined heresy.

It is not something for you to just apply to things on your own without regard and then accuse others.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 28, 2021, 01:52:36 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 28, 2021, 01:50:59 PM

Modernism is a condemned and defined heresy.
No sh*t.

It is not something for you to just apply to things on your own without regard and then accuse others.
I know that you don't care but you should really read up on how Modernists took over the Liturgical Movement and created the New Mass as a way to implement Modernism in the Church.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 28, 2021, 02:06:56 PM
I know that you don't care but you should really read up on how Modernists took over the Liturgical Movement and created the New Mass as a way to implement Modernism in the Church.

That is history and I know it. I don't need to dwell on it constantly.

Also, you are wrong: they made a mess, but they couldn't touch what was protected.

So the Roman Rite is worse off, to be sure, but it is still the Roman Rite (by the fact that Rome uses it). It can be changed, in part or full, again. That is no reason to deny it. I am not a victim of the times: there is a past and there could be a future, and there is no reason to think we are in a steady state. That mistake has been made by those in the Church since the beginning.

Anyway, this thread is more or less resolved unless there is a book recommendation that can come up.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 28, 2021, 02:11:44 PM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 28, 2021, 02:06:56 PM

That is history and I know it. I don't need to dwell on it constantly.
Then why did you say "It is not something for you to just apply to things on your own without regard and then accuse others."?

Baylee

Quote from: Pæniteo on December 22, 2021, 06:47:54 PM
I rarely post here and don't get usually get involved in discussions on the matters that are the topic of this board. But, this board is likely the highest concentration of SVs on this forum so it is probably the best place to ask.

Are there any Sedevacantist publications of accounts of exorcisms conducted under the authority of a Sedevacantist bishop in modern days that you can recommend?

Why are you looking for such a book?