How Does Satan Get Trads?

Started by Irenaeus G. Saintonge, May 30, 2013, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

I do not think it is properly, in a strict legal sense, called an indult Mass these days. Unless you have a specific reason for sticking to that terminology, of course.
"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????

Bonaventure

Would anyone go to your house and be a smartass to you?

This is addressed to "Older Salt" and "CoolCat."
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Older Salt

Quote from: Bonaventure on June 04, 2013, 04:11:30 PM

They have, and I laugh.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

CoolCat

Quote from: Bonaventure on June 04, 2013, 04:11:30 PM

Yup. I just don't let it get under my skin. I'm cool about it.

Bonaventure

Allow me to make it clear to you and anyone else that you are not encouraged to do so here.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

CoolCat

Quote from: Bonaventure on June 04, 2013, 04:14:21 PM
Allow me to make it clear to you and anyone else that you are not encouraged to do so here.
Get off your high horse Sheriff. You came a bit late into the game.
At least Louis had the courtesy of sending both OS and myself a PM.
So, I suggest you take it up with him before going out guns-a-blazin' into...nothing.

Yippee ki yay!

Jayne

If someone were to write "If a person remains a traditional Catholic after long term exposure to independent Masses, it will be in spite of, not because of it," would this be considered acceptable on this forum?
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Penelope

Quote from: CoolCat on June 04, 2013, 04:35:59 PM
So, I suggest you take it up with him before going out guns-a-blazin' into...nothing.

Yippee ki yay!

You're right. Louis did send you a PM. Did you read it? Did you take it to heart? Or are you going to continue with the behavior that Louis specifically asked you to stop?

CoolCat

Quote from: Penelope on June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 PM

Yippee ki yay!

You're right. Louis did send you a PM. Did you read it? Did you take it to heart? Or are you going to continue with the behavior that Louis specifically asked you to stop?
Apparently some mods lack communications skills between each other.
Two smiley face posts does not constitute "ganging up on moderators". If that is the withstanding forum's definition of "ganging up" on a poster, then all I have to say is you have no clue what it is to gang up on somebody.

Btw, I stopped posting until Shreriff Arpaio over there started his rant. I answered and explained to him in a civil tone.
Now it's your turn? Must I? And then what , wait for the admin to also explain the situation. This is reminiscent of a movie:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txq8FLtCzNc[/yt]

Keep your cool.  ;) 

Bonaventure

Who, when, why, or how the moderators communicate is none of your concern, but please be informed that I was in communication with LouisIX.

Kaesekopf

I don't know how or why CoolCat or Older Salt thought their posts were suitable attitudes and posts to address towards the moderators of this forum. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LouisIX

Quote from: CoolCat on June 04, 2013, 04:52:36 PM
Quote from: Penelope on June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 PM

Yippee ki yay!

Apparently some mods lack communications skills between each other.
Two smiley face posts does not constitute "ganging up on moderators". If that is the withstanding forum's definition of "ganging up" on a poster, then all I have to say is you have no clue what it is to gang up on somebody.

Btw, I stopped posting until Shreriff Arpaio over there started his rant. I answered and explained to him in a civil tone.
Now it's your turn? Must I? And then what , wait for the admin to also explain the situation. This is reminiscent of a movie:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txq8FLtCzNc[/yt]

Keep your cool.  ;)

We communicate well and both mods knew I had sent you guys a PM.   I asked you to stop posting things like "keep your cool" or "settle down".  You've continued to do just that.

This isn't up for negotiation, nor are you responsible for the attitude of the moderators or the admin here.  If we ask you to stop doing something then just cooperate.  It's that easy.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Fluffy

I spent some time listening to Father Ripperger's penanceware today.  He seems to think that waxing philosophical on the internet is a huge detriment to Traddies' souls.  He's likely very correct.

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

Quote from: Fluffy on June 04, 2013, 08:38:59 PM
I spent some time listening to Father Ripperger's penanceware today.  He seems to think that waxing philosophical on the internet is a huge detriment to Traddies' souls.  He's likely very correct.

In what sense does he mean waxing philosophical?
"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????

Fluffy

Quote from: Irenaeus G. Saintonge on June 04, 2013, 08:43:11 PM
Quote from: Fluffy on June 04, 2013, 08:38:59 PM

In what sense does he mean waxing philosophical?

It was something about how if you get in over your head discussing theology, it can cause scandal, even if what you are saying is true.  A person has to have the right context for understanding things regarding the faith.  I listened to his talks on scandal and hypocrisy where he mentioned this.