Author Topic: Forum improvements?  (Read 35652 times)

Offline andy

• Wachtmeister
Re: Forum improvements?
« Reply #300 on: March 13, 2022, 11:41:20 AM »
Plagues and Pestilence has not had any new posts in it for three days and has had one thread made in it over the past week.

I think the topic is finished. The prophets of that board that drove its activity have moved onto international political commentary on the general forum.

The same problem that led to the creation of that board exists with a new subject. I think a general solution to the general problem is in order.

You worry too much. The new wave of C19 is around the corner.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 10:19:22 PM by andy »

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich

Offline Heinrich

• Steig mal auf den Berg hinauf
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Gott, wende Dich zu uns und gib uns neues Leben
  • Religion: römisch-katholisch
« Reply #301 on: March 13, 2022, 01:39:52 PM »
The owner of the forum could respond tp reported posts and users.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The following users thanked this post: diaduit, andy

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• Declina A Malo & Fac Bonum
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Breves Dies Hominis Sunt
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #302 on: March 13, 2022, 10:00:43 PM »
You worry to much. The new wave of C19 is around the corner.

The suggestion was not about the particular news stories, but the general problem these post and the proposed general solution.

The virus, particular wars, or any other secular topic can be the particular news story of fixation. This is a generalized problem with a general solution.

I'm not worried about anything. Besides political commentary, the other major non-Catholic focus is deranged commentary on me, so maybe a board can be made for that as well.

Offline andy

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #303 on: March 13, 2022, 10:54:42 PM »
You worry to much. The new wave of C19 is around the corner.

The suggestion was not about the particular news stories, but the general problem these post and the proposed general solution.

The virus, particular wars, or any other secular topic can be the particular news story of fixation. This is a generalized problem with a general solution.

I'm not worried about anything. Besides political commentary, the other major non-Catholic focus is deranged commentary on me, so maybe a board can be made for that as well.

So why you did not post it as above in the first place?

Offline TerrorDæmonum

• Declina A Malo & Fac Bonum
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Breves Dies Hominis Sunt
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #304 on: March 13, 2022, 11:48:00 PM »
The forum could use a lot of routine housekeeping and the lack of attention to the little details indicates that any major changes are unlikely to be implemented. I would suggest doing some routine housekeeping of the public forum, keeping stickies up to date, keeping policies up to date, etc. The request for suggestions made in 2018 seems to be out of date itself, as the desire to make changes to make a livelier forum and increase activity (in general or in particular topics) seems to have waned significantly.

What's some stuff you all would like to see happen around here to make it a livelier joint?

I've noticed activity has been slipping. 

Open to ideas all across the board. 

No personal attacks to me.

Locking this thread and restating the basic desire for the forum and the actions we should expect if any would be a good start so people are all on the same page on how this forum is run.

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2022, 12:13:46 PM »
Please, a separate sub-forum for unapproved private revelation.  Or,

Private Revelation Forum
and a subset for Unapproved Apparitions

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Michael Wilson, Prayerful, Melkor

Offline Prayerful

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2022, 06:08:22 PM »
Can video clips be posted? Another forum allowed it if you drop into the post and it's handy.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.