Chat room is now dead

Started by Kaesekopf, February 06, 2013, 07:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Jayne on December 21, 2021, 12:01:08 PM
When I click the "chat" link I get a sad face picture with the message "The connection was reset."  What causes that?

That sounds like a network issue.

It could be your network, but it could also be Mibbit's servers disconnecting you, depending on what network you are on.

Assuming you have a reliable Internet connection to use, try joining chat from the Mibbit web client. Use a Nick of your choice and the channel is #suscipedomine. You can also join a channel after connecting by manually typing in:

/join #suscipedomine

(Or any channel you wish, starting with #.)

If that doesn't work, you can copy and paste the text you see in the Mibbit client and share it with me through a PM.

The troubleshooting of this issue of you cannot connect with another client might involve more technical information about your device and network configuration.

TerrorDæmonum

Using the Mibbit Web Client was successful, and this is a follow up.

To add, it could also be your browser and this forum, depending on browser settings.

The Widget is essentially a slave to the forum. Accessing chat on the same device, browser, and network through the web client indicates that the issue is likely within the particulars of how the browser is treating the forum.

I don't use the Widget and while I know how it works on a technical level, I don't really know how browsers, especially new releases, would react to that kind of behaviour.

And that is not considering any particular browser configurations that may restrict such traffic and connections.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Optatus

A couple of us are here, myself for a short while at least.

TerrorDæmonum

We are in, and it is a new year for some in chat (but not all).

EDIT: We are out. Happy new year.

TerrorDæmonum

The world around me is covered in ice, but chat is open for anybody likewise not otherwise occupied today.

TerrorDæmonum

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

TerrorDæmonum

TerrorDæmonum

The chat is live, but lonely.

Melkor

I'm in. No one else is though.

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor

TerrorDæmonum

The chat is always open, and all people can use it for discussions. One's forum status does not have any reflection in access to chat.

So banned people, if you want to talk to people, chat is available.

Of course, for those with a mind to be highly disruptive, that can be restricted (although, chat is almost never busy enough for one to be disruptive of anything).

TerrorDæmonum

Chat is live, but if you enter and there is only one person in, give them a few minutes to respond before leaving. Sometimes, people can wait in chat for hours and find that people come and go within a minute after joining as if we were waiting right there for instant response. At least give people a chance to freshen up occasionally.

Bubba

Bubba no like chatting with someone going by the name "demon" in their chat box username.   :huh: