"He'll never get a girlfriend, if..."

Started by Kaesekopf, April 10, 2014, 10:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

Quote from: Wicked Papist on April 15, 2014, 05:51:25 PM
The one girl in my parish who is close to my age seems eligible, but she only sits one pew behind or in front of me and she's gone after Mass.

If she doesn't hang around after she's not interested.

Wicked Papist

Quote from: piabee on April 15, 2014, 05:52:49 PM
The one girl in my parish who is close to my age seems eligible, but she only sits one pew behind or in front of me and she's gone after Mass.

What Catholic hangs out after Mass?

Besides the priest.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Wicked Papist

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 15, 2014, 09:13:52 PM
I do!

For what, to talk to the mice?

When my parish still had parish events like pot luck suppers, people used to say "we're Catholics, we eat and then we leave."  That's why we ended up having bingo with dollar store prizes after the pot luck suppers.

Penelope

Quote from: Wicked Papist on April 15, 2014, 09:09:36 PM

Only the coolest ones, which is why I got home at 1:30 from 10:30 Mass last Sunday.

Kaesekopf

That's when I catch up with everyone.

You need to be more awesome and give people a reason to be around you.  :P

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Arun

i just had a great idea. on parish grounds, have a old fashioned tavern kind of pub - hot pub lunches, dartboards, pool tables, some nice monastery-brewed ales on tap. field outside for the kids to run around on. that way you can hang out after Mass right up until its time to go to bed.

now who's gonna help me build it...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Wicked Papist

Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 15, 2014, 09:44:52 PM

Probably easy when your parish isn't mostly 60 and up and hurries to the car as soon as father leaves the sanctuary.

Greg

Quote from: erin is nice on April 15, 2014, 04:02:51 PM
Quote from: Greg on April 15, 2014, 03:15:28 PM
Only if they all married each other.

Truth is some would marry pagans and others would end up in one of our basements playing computer games until they were thirty and swearing that NASA faked the moon landings.

Plus, ten kids is a lot.  Not sure what the average trad family is but i suspect it is nearer four based on my own straw poll.

Most of my practicing Catholic friends who are around my age have between 5 and 8 so far, so I don't think ten is out of the question for a lot of them.

I am one of nine myself and many of my brothers and sisters have 10, 11 children and one sister has 15.  But do you really think 5-8 is an average?

There are a number of Trad families that size, I agree, but there are many smaller too.  I think the 'average' is below 5.

I've been to Trad masses all over America and not perceived that families are on average THAT large.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Francisco Suárez

Quote from: Wicked Papist on April 15, 2014, 09:09:36 PM
Quote from: piabee on April 15, 2014, 05:52:49 PM

Besides the priest.

I'm surprised that you don't! I thought most Catholics stayed behind to catch up over 'coffee & doughnuts'. Perhaps it's a trad thing. I did notice at my old diocesan parish that they never had C&D, and if they did it was only a small minority that stayed. But I thought that was an exception, rather than the rule.   

red solo cup

Quote from: Arun on April 15, 2014, 09:50:07 PM
i just had a great idea. on parish grounds, have a old fashioned tavern kind of pub - hot pub lunches, dartboards, pool tables, some nice monastery-brewed ales on tap. field outside for the kids to run around on. that way you can hang out after Mass right up until its time to go to bed.

now who's gonna help me build it...
Count me in.

Quote from: Greg on April 15, 2014, 11:28:01 PM
Quote from: erin is nice on April 15, 2014, 04:02:51 PM
Quote from: Greg on April 15, 2014, 03:15:28 PM
Only if they all married each other.

Truth is some would marry pagans and others would end up in one of our basements playing computer games until they were thirty and swearing that NASA faked the moon landings.

Plus, ten kids is a lot.  Not sure what the average trad family is but i suspect it is nearer four based on my own straw poll.

Most of my practicing Catholic friends who are around my age have between 5 and 8 so far, so I don't think ten is out of the question for a lot of them.

I am one of nine myself and many of my brothers and sisters have 10, 11 children and one sister has 15.  But do you really think 5-8 is an average?

There are a number of Trad families that size, I agree, but there are many smaller too.  I think the 'average' is below 5.

I've been to Trad masses all over America and not perceived that families are on average THAT large.
I have 7 brothers and sisters not counting the two who have died.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Wicked Papist on April 15, 2014, 10:00:28 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on April 15, 2014, 09:44:52 PM

Probably easy when your parish isn't mostly 60 and up and hurries to the car as soon as father leaves the sanctuary.

Find a new or better parish.

Work with father to draw young people to your parish.

To quote some dead guy,  be the change you want to see in the world.

Chestertonian

The trads I know have families of all different sizes.  My wife and I have one living child (and that is probably it for us), I know one family with 13 children.  Most are somewhere in between.
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

AugustineA

How do people pay for all those kids.. Sheash

I have a decent job for a graduate single bachelor, benefits and whatnot, better than most of my friends, and I don't even know how I would pay for one child.
He has clothed me with a robe of salvation, and wrapped me in a mantle of justice, like a bridegroom adorned with a diadem. -Isaiah 61

Penelope

Quote from: AugustineA on April 16, 2014, 01:00:36 PM
How do people pay for all those kids.. Sheash

I have a decent job for a graduate single bachelor, benefits and whatnot, better than most of my friends, and I don't even know how I would pay for one child.

They don't cost much at first, at least, not after the big items are taken care of. Besides, people are generous. I'm having my first baby this summer and I haven't had to buy a single thing for him yet. Family, friends, and people at church keep offering to buy stuff or give us second-hand stuff.