What is your biggest regret in life so far?

Started by Lyubov, December 27, 2012, 01:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Heinrich on January 02, 2013, 11:14:19 AM
Quote from: peanut on January 02, 2013, 09:25:06 AM
My biggest regret in life is that I can't blow stuff up with my mind.

That's not a choice you regret, but an impossibility.

But out of curiosity, what would you blow up?
n00bs, hopefully.

Roland Deschain

Corrupting others by sharing in the sins of my youth.
'Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people's fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.'

—St Gregory of Nyssa

tmw89

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 02, 2013, 11:19:10 AM

n00bs, hopefully.

lol!
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

red solo cup

Not going to sea to make my living. Like my father, uncles and grandfather.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Melkite

Not sticking with French and Spanish in middle and high school.

Ancilla Domini

I honestly don't have any major regrets. Now I feel boring.  :(

totiusque

Quote from: Roland Deschain on January 02, 2013, 11:35:28 AM
Corrupting others by sharing in the sins of my youth.

Sounds like the same could be said of your username's regret, especially from Book IV of the Dark Tower series.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross

Lirael

Not learning how to play the guitar or violin. Instead, I chose piano, which is all well and good..but not so portable.

And also not going to a school that was out of state. I never pushed myself outside of my comfort zone, and after 4 years of college and 6 months working, I don't feel much different than I did when I was 18. I can't help but think that going to a college that wasn't 20 minutes from my house would have forced me to grow up and become more independent/self sufficient. Sigh.
Why art thou sad, o my soul? And why dost thou disquiet me?

Hat And Beard

Quote from: Lirael on January 06, 2013, 01:21:12 AM
Instead, I chose piano

You wouldn't believe how jealous I am of you. I only wish I could play the piano. I should change my regret to not learning to play the piano.

LouisIX

Quote from: Pæniteo on January 02, 2013, 11:19:10 AM

n00bs, hopefully.

Lol
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

voxxpopulisuxx

My seemingly irrepairable relationship with my oldest son
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Penelope

Quote from: Hat And Beard on January 06, 2013, 01:31:08 AM
Instead, I chose piano

You wouldn't believe how jealous I am of you. I only wish I could play the piano. I should change my regret to not learning to play the piano.

I've been friends with Lirael since high school and it's only in the past couple months that I found out that she can play the piano. We should encourage her to play more!

Hat And Beard

Quote from: Penelope on January 07, 2013, 04:53:25 PM
Instead, I chose piano

I've been friends with Lirael since high school and it's only in the past couple months that I found out that she can play the piano. We should encourage her to play more!
Lirael!!! You need to be flaunting that talent! I suggest learning how to play like my namesake(here's an album of him playing solo):
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INlPqwl473I[/yt]

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Penelope on January 07, 2013, 04:53:25 PM
Instead, I chose piano

You can seriously play an instrument and hide the fact??  You really should take a great deal of pride in that ability (but, you know, humble...pride).

When I was growing up, I always resisted taking music lessons whenever my parents offered them to me.  I actually might have to identify that as my biggest regret.  I know a great deal of classical music history and the repertoire, but I can't even begin to analyze it or understand it because I never learned music.  I feel the lack constantly.
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

peanut

Quote from: Hat And Beard on January 07, 2013, 05:43:03 PM
Lirael!!! You need to be flaunting that talent! I suggest learning how to play like my namesake(here's an album of him playing solo):
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INlPqwl473I[/yt]

Wait, is that bloke in your avatar playing piano?  I thought he was programming a VCR.
Latest article: Corporate assessment centres - deranged products of mercantile delusion: http://bit.ly/16Nq0Tf