A prayer to repair our daily neglects

Started by Michael Wilson, November 12, 2021, 05:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

From "The Precious Blood and Mother" prayer book, issued by the "Sisters Adorers of the Most Precious Blood". Monastery of The Precious Blood, Manchester, New Hampshire, U.S.A.
pg. 60:
QuotePrecious Blood and Mother prayer book, page. 61,
Prayer for Daily Neglects
A Poor Clare, who had just died, appeared to her abbess, who was praying for her, and said to her, "I went straight to Heaven, for, by means of this prayer, recited every evening, I paid all my debts.'
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all Its love, all Its sufferings and all Its merits:
First –     To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life. Glory Be.
Second – To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life. Glory Be.
Third-      To supply for the good I ought to have done and that I have neglected this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father...!.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Lynne

Slightly different, (I don't have a source)

Prayer for Daily Neglects

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus, with all its Love, all its sufferings and all its merits.

First - To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father and to the Son...!

Second - To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father and to the Son...!

Third - To supply for the good I ought to have done and that I have neglected this day and during all my life. Glory be to the Father...!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Michael Wilson

Thanks Lynne,
I made a mistake in Copying the prayer. Fixed it.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Elizabeth.2

Perfect recommendation.  Reminds me, what happened to my copy of that precious little book.

MundaCorMeum

Beautiful.  Thank you, Michael, for sharing.  If you know of one for hourly neglects, do post it.  I think that's more what I would need  ;D