Pope Francis at service of Human Fraternity

Started by Michael Wilson, January 08, 2021, 05:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdAKAC4CgfU[/yt]

I stopped posting these a while back, because they cause people to lose their faith; I am only posting this one, because I have to ask those people who claim that they recognize Francis as Pope, to tell me if this the vicar of Christ or of the anti-Christ?
James stated it very succinctly: Those who insist on calling this man the Pope will lose their faith.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Prayerful

It does sound all rather Masonic. There's a Grand Orient lodge near the Vatican. If Francis were found stumbling out in Masonic gear, he would hardly more Masonic (probably a tunnel). George Washington was definitely a Freemason, but could evince a genuine piety, for instance towards the Holy Name, and a hostile report of a slave suggests he died a Catholic. Now we haven't found Francis in Masonic garb like Washington, but he is usually utterly Masonic in how he expresses himself.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Michael Wilson on January 08, 2021, 05:07:25 PM
I have to ask those people who claim that they recognize Francis as Pope, to tell me if this the vicar of Christ or of the anti-Christ?

I don't recognize him as a man who follows the Catholic faith, although he often says he does.  That makes me guess that what he was taught in seminary as "the Catholic faith" was sheer modernism, combined with the Latino "culture" of South American Catholicism, consisting of attachment to custom and "an identity," but not necessarily requiring faithful practice of the same.

I hesitate to put a label on him partly for that reason and partly for the reason that we will supposedly be liable for the names we call others.  If you were to ask me the role he fits, it would the role of an anti-pope, not the anti-Christ. 

He has always shown himself unwilling to play the role of the Vicar of Christ. Instead, he prefers the role of Vicar of the modern world in terms of his priorities, his language, his documents, etc.  United Nations Secretariat kind of thing.

QuoteJames stated it very succinctly: Those who insist on calling this man the Pope will lose their faith.

Don't worry.  Mine's stronger than ever -- not only than his, but I would say especially stronger than that of the bishops because I am way more "afraid" of my eternal destiny than I am of my physical mortality.

It's kind of like "President" Biden, who may have a "title" on Jan. 20, but more than half the country knows it will be a fraudulent title (because more than half the country voted legally for Trump).  Structures recognize titles when the people owning those titles are doing an awful job of it:  Governors, Mayors, of several blue states and cities come to mind.

Philip G.

I stopped posting these a while back, because they cause people to lose their faith; I am only posting this one, because I have to ask those people who claim that they recognize Francis as Pope, to tell me if this the vicar of Christ or of the anti-Christ?
James stated it very succinctly: Those who insist on calling this man the Pope will lose their faith.

There is only one person on earth who I will tolerate this crap from, and it is the Pope.  As a result, I am 100% sedeplenist, and 100% una cum Pope Francis.  However, I am not 100% una cum any other modernist bishop.  In this regard, I practice prudence.

I mention una cum, because the una cum issue is the one practical matter in tradition that regards mortal sin where there is a difference of opinion.  Take note.  Because that doesn't often occur.

The sedevacantists believe that praying una cum francis and the modernist local bishop is a mortal sin.  The sspxers believe it is not a sin/it is an obligation.  Let's first consider a worst case scenario that can manifest from this.  The worst case scenario is actually one that would manifest among the conclavists.  They would certainly be non una cum the pope and the modernist local bishop.  But, the catch would be that they are una cum their "cult leader bishop/anti pope".  That would be the most offensive manifestation regarding this specific issue.  This is why in my opinion bishop williamson has always insisted on only being a "moral" authority", and why he has fled the prospect of being a legitimate authority in the resistance/post his expulsion from the sspx.  His fear is a reflection of this "worst case scenario".  It is very wise of him in my opinion.  This has resulted in a very slowed expansion(some would say stagnation) of the +Williamson sspx.  I have not lost hope in him.

Flip the worst manifestation of this issue on its head, and in my opinion, you have the ideal.  The ideal is that we be una cum Francis, but non una cum the local bishop.  I am not going to extend heretical immunity to anyone other than the pope.  This is the error of the sspxers.  Because, we can judge a heretical local bishop.  While, the error of the sedevacantists is judging the pope, which is the first step towards conclavism and the worst case scenario.  The reason why I am a sedeplenist, and not a sedevacanist, is because it is a far far greater error to judge the pope, than it is to pray for a local modernist bishop("love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you").  Because, I agree with the sspxers.  The una cum does not mean that I am "one with" in a matrimonial sense where two are in one flesh, or in this case one spirit.  No.  I do not believe that is what the una cum means.  I believe the una cum means that we pray for the pope, recognize him as such, and navigate these rough waters on his bark, regardless of whether it is stormy water, or not.  Is not the ocean one?   Christ is with the pope.  And, Christ can quell the stormy waters.  The papacy is our tolerable manifestation of personality cult.  Personality cult will exist.  It is almost inevitable.  If your void is not filled with Francis in this regard, it will be filled by another.  A worst case scenario is when it is fill by oneself.  Francis is my pope, heretic or not. 

The reason in my opinion in part why the vatican and the papacy is in such chaos, is because there is an anti pope in the vatican.  His name is Joseph Ratzinger.  Expelling him from the vatican and stripping him of his papal persona will go a long way towards solving our current papal problems.  Have faith. 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Stubborn

I agree, you have a very good reason for not posting this. But for all those who insist on calling this man the Pope *and* who pray for him daily as is their Catholic duty, will not, on that account, lose their faith because of his heresies.

The video shows he is preaching V2 and the new liturgy as it is truly understood and fully implemented. It also shows that popes are human, not impeccable, not always infallibly safe to follow, and screams why it has always been and still is the duty of every Catholic to pray daily for the pope.   
Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent

Philip G.

Quote from: Stubborn on January 09, 2021, 04:44:54 AM

I agree, you have a very good reason for not posting this. But for all those who insist on calling this man the Pope *and* who pray for him daily as is their Catholic duty, will not, on that account, lose their faith because of his heresies.

The video shows he is preaching V2 and the new liturgy as it is truly understood and fully implemented. It also shows that popes are human, not impeccable, not always infallibly safe to follow, and screams why it has always been and still is the duty of every Catholic to pray daily for the pope.   

Do you not make use of the sspx for the sacraments?
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Stubborn

Quote from: Philip G. on January 09, 2021, 12:00:49 PM

Yes I use SSPX priests for the Mass and sacraments.
Even after a long life of sin, if the Christian receives the Sacrament of the dying with the appropriate dispositions, he will go straight to heaven without having to go to purgatory. - Fr. M. Philipon; This sacrament prepares man for glory immediately, since it is given to those who are departing from this life. - St. Thomas Aquinas; It washes away the sins that remain to be atoned, and the vestiges of sin; it comforts and strengthens the soul of the sick person, arousing in him a great trust and confidence in the divine mercy. Thus strengthened, he bears the hardships and struggles of his illness more easily and resists the temptation of the devil and the heel of the deceiver more readily; and if it be advantageous to the welfare of his soul, he sometimes regains his bodily health. - Council of Trent

mikemac

I agree with these,

From Miriam - "an anti-pope, not the anti-Christ."

From Philip G. - "Christ can quell the stormy waters."

And especially from Stubborn - "and screams why it has always been and still is the duty of every Catholic to pray daily for the pope."

Two days ago Xavier started a thread in the Prayer Intentions forum asking for 'Prayers for Pope Francis and the Catholic Church.'  It certainly didn't get many replies; not like the usual.  This may be part of the problem.

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=24981.0
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Miriam_M

Quote from: mikemac on January 09, 2021, 01:30:30 PM
I agree with these,

From Miriam - "an anti-pope, not the anti-Christ."

From Philip G. - "Christ can quell the stormy waters."

And especially from Stubborn - "and screams why it has always been and still is the duty of every Catholic to pray daily for the pope."

Two days ago Xavier started a thread in the Prayer Intentions forum asking for 'Prayers for Pope Francis and the Catholic Church.'  It certainly didn't get many replies; not like the usual.  This may be part of the problem.

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=24981.0

Then please see my thread here, explaining why I have difficulty praying for today's hierarchy in general.

https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25001.0

Philip G.

Quote from: Stubborn on January 09, 2021, 12:13:11 PM

If you told this to the sspx priest, that he will lose the faith praying for the pope as he does, do you think he would tell you not to approach holy communion?  I think he would.

King Wenceslas

At this time, after Francis has attempted to remove the death penalty from the moral teaching of the Church, he has become a material, manifest, and formal heretic. He is schismatic and cut off from the body of Christ.

Question being now, does he obtain the Papacy with full authority to teach, loose, and bind when and if he converts?

A worse fate than the fate that be felled Pope Honorius awaits him if he does not convert.

Stubborn

Quote from: Philip G. on January 09, 2021, 04:50:36 PM
Quote from: Stubborn on January 09, 2021, 12:13:11 PM

If you told this to the sspx priest, that he will lose the faith praying for the pope as he does, do you think he would tell you not to approach holy communion?  I think he would.

I said the opposite. I said it is our duty to pray for the pope. Those who lose the faith after seeing the video are those who believe he is always infallibly safe to follow so do not pray for him. 

lauermar

Bergoglio released this video in 2016. I believe it is worse because there us a scene that places a statue of baby Jesus next to pagan idols and implies they are equal, which religion is true is unknown, that all we know is we are children of some kind of creator.

At least the newer video had some truth mixed in with the Masonic stuff.

"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Michael Wilson

It is the Pope that "Confirms his brethren in the faith" and not vice-versa; and certainly it isn't the Pope that leads the whole Church into error and apostasy.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Stubborn

Quote from: Michael Wilson on January 13, 2021, 04:28:20 PM
It is the Pope that "Confirms his brethren in the faith" and not vice-versa; and certainly it isn't the Pope that leads the whole Church into error and apostasy.

It really is the pope who leads the people into error and apostasy. But it is the peope who wrongfully believe he is always infallibly safe to follow and of their own free will embrace being led right to the pit...