go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

nothing like a soft bed I'm in my bed at home for one more night... but getting me sitting up was hard and my blood pressure dropped... So might have to go to nursing facility on a stretcher tomorrow
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

I haven't been able to visit my wife
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 20, 2018, 07:55:20 PM
I haven't been able to visit my wife

Oh, Ches, so sorry. Hopefully soon, my friend.  :pray3:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Don't be afraid. We all go to bed. None of us truly know what to expect. Sleep? Probably.  But if you must deal with wakefulness, then you are to pray. Not for sleep, but...for all you are concerned about. Really, it just makes sense. Right? Well, yes, of course.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Yes. Sweet sleep in about an hour! Been thinking about this moment all day. But....I did get my bread made and plants replaced, you know the ones the bunnies ate.   :-\

Non Nobis

Time to take my shoes for a walk - my cat said no!

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

Love your gumption Non! I should see if I can find some shoes that need to go for walks. There would have to be a dire consequence should I not take them, though. Otherwise I would be able to wiggle out of it like nobody's business! I've got a few more hours left before I hit the rack. Finally making some headway on the box I'm making for my niece's birthday. I'm sorely tempted to go down into the basement and put a glittered clearcoat on it, but with Hubby sleeping right above the spot where I would be spraying, I'm inclined to think that that would be inadvisable.   :laugh: Maybe I'll just take the time to do my nails for Saturday's big events.  Hmmm... what to do, what to do.  Enjoy your walk, Non! And you enjoy your slumber, Carleen, you have earned it!  Nighty night SD family!   :seeya:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Nite Non, nite Dymph!

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Looking forward to bed, as usual.

Son actually got out for Mass and confession. Came back happy, but in fair amount of pain. That was the most time upright since May 1. Surgery, next Tuesday. Can't come soon enough for all involved. After surgery, another 3 weeks flat, then hopefully he can spend time sitting upright. He's had a decent day spirit wise. Mass and confession worked wonders for him. Again, thanks for prayers.

Carleendiane

After a wee little sleep tonic. Ever so small. Straight up.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 23, 2018, 06:59:30 PM
Looking forward to bed, as usual.

Son actually got out for Mass and confession. Came back happy, but in fair amount of pain. That was the most time upright since May 1. Surgery, next Tuesday. Can't come soon enough for all involved. After surgery, another 3 weeks flat, then hopefully he can spend time sitting upright. He's had a decent day spirit wise. Mass and confession worked wonders for him. Again, thanks for prayers.

Glad to hear!  Hope the recovery continues well, though I'm sure it will be slowly.

Chestertonian

can't sleep can't get comfortable my body is all awkward and some limbs feel like they're higher than others like I'm going to fall out of bed

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 23, 2018, 09:32:40 PM
can't sleep can't get comfortable my body is all awkward and some limbs feel like they're higher than others like I'm going to fall out of bed

Dear Lord, please help my dear friend relax, be comfortable and sleep. Amen

Carleendiane

Ok. Going. In  a little bit.  Yawning. After a little nip to seal the deal.