Our Lady of Lourdes Devotional Group Introduction

Started by Kaesekopf, November 01, 2015, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Name of Group:  Our Lady of Lourdes Devotional Group

Intent:  To promote the sanctification of the laymen and -women of Suscipe Domine forum and to pray for their needs and intentions, typically shown but not reserved to the intentions in the Prayer Subforum. 

Structure:  The Group will be a loosely-organized association of the voluntary members at Suscipe Domine.  The leader is Kaesekopf, Administrator of the Forum.  Members will be listed in a separate thread in the Subforum and will need to post their request to be added in the Membership thread.

Patrons:  The Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of the Immaculate Conception and Our Lady of Lourdes.

Obligations

• Weekly - To pray the Hail Mary 3x for the intentions of the admin, mods, and posters of Suscipe Domine. 
  • Monthly - To pray one decade of the rosary for the intentions of the same (this obligation can be be joined with the praying of the rosary for any other intention). 
  • Annually - 1) Make a visit to a Lourdes shrine/grotto and pray for the intentions of the admins, mods, and posters of Suscipe Domine (ideally to be make on or around the feast of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, Dec 8, or the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, Feb 11).  2) To join in the praying of a Novena to Our Lady of Lourdes from Feb 2-10.  Note: If a member is unable to easily or reasonably visit a Lourdes shrine/grotto, then the member can replace that by a visit to Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament around Dec 8 or Feb 11 (which can be joined or in addition to attendance at the nearest Sunday Mass).  None of the obligations bind under pain of sin.  Also, obligations are on members of the Devotional Group, not on the general membership of the Forum.

Novena to be prayed
O ever Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the Sick, Refuge of Sinners, Comfort to the Afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Deign to cast upon me a look of mercy. By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it  a privileged sanctuary, whence you dispense your favors; and already many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with the most unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain,  O loving Mother, the granting of my requests. Through gratitude for favors, I will endeavor to imitate your virtues that I may one day share your glory.
Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us. Amen.
(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

this sounds like a great idea

i can't travel to visit shrines but does it count that i married an Italian and our house has mini shrines even the fridge is a shrine
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Michael Wilson

We (here in St Marys) have a Lourdes Groto right on campus.
So this will be a no brainer for a no brainer like me!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 01, 2015, 10:02:13 PM
this sounds like a great idea

i can't travel to visit shrines but does it count that i married an Italian and our house has mini shrines even the fridge is a shrine

:lol:

Sure! 

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

dymphna17

What a wonderfully Catholic idea!  I love it!  Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Neopelagianus

Sign me in as a group member. Those obligations I can handle well, I think.
Indeed, the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries, nor innovators: they are traditionalists. - Saint Pius X

I am a ?????

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them."
-Pope St. Felix III

"I would rather be a street-sweep rather than be a head of your schismatic church" (Prefiero ser lampazero a ser la cabeza de su jerarquia cismatica)

- Bishop Jorge Imperial Barlin, first native Filipino bishop  to Gregorio Aglipay after the latter offered the him to be the "bishop" of his "church".

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

Excellent! I recently received a bottle of water from Lourdes, from a man at church who is incredibly devoted to Our Lady. He loves to tell about how she was instrumental to his conversion from Protestantism.
My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Bernadette on November 02, 2015, 12:56:02 PM
Excellent! I recently received a bottle of water from Lourdes, from a man at church who is incredibly devoted to Our Lady. He loves to tell about how she was instrumental to his conversion from Protestantism.

Should I add you, then?  :P

Nevermind.  I have an inefficient signup system!  :lol:

red solo cup

I am fortunate in that my parish has a Mary Grotto. Please sign me up.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

MundaCorMeum

I lit a candle for us this evening, in front of Our Lady's statue at Church. So, please let Her know of any intentions you may have.

Kaesekopf

Thank you, MCM!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Michael Wilson

Thank you.
Yes, this group is in my prayers every day.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

MundaCorMeum

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.