This is why I have confession PTSD

Started by TandJ, March 11, 2024, 09:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TandJ

So the priest told me not to confess things from before my last confession however I know I didn't mention a circumstance that definitely needed to be confessed so I lied and said it didn't confess this sin so I could squeeze it in. He reminded me of the people waiting (I didn't think I had been very long) and seemed upset at me so I didn't say what I wanted to say. I'm really tempted to give up on confession because it's just too much for me. I always seem to make the confessors angry and I just don't know how much more I can handle

Baylee

Quote from: Baylee on March 14, 2024, 08:05:39 PM
Quote from: TandJ on March 14, 2024, 06:02:47 PMUnfortunately I live in an area with very little traditional priests. Our Latin mass got canceled recently. I'm pretty depressed about the state of the Church. I spent the day Tuesday ugly crying over it. I guess I have to shop around until I can get absolved properly

Yeah.  Unfortunately, we do need to do our due diligence these days.

In the morning I will post some links with Traditional priests.  You may find one within a reasonable distance or one that could make the trek your way.

God will provide. 

Take a gander here:

https://www.ecclesia.luxvera.org/Directory-USA.html

I'm quoting my previous post in this thread.  TandJ, please research.  Given your tendency to scruples, I think you need to get spiritual direction from a certainly valid Traditional priest, not from any one of us on this site. Have you checked to see if any of these options are within a reasonable distance from your home? Also, I'm guessing that, although you cannot do confession via the phone, you could at least call them for advice.

james03

QuoteYou say that's what he said. What's the problem ?

She has scruples.

The Lord doesn't set traps for you.  He died, shedding every drop of His most Precious Blood for love of you.

Every day, look upon a crucifix and say , "I love you, Lord".

QuoteI'm really tempted to give up on confession because it's just too much for me.

Understand that this is the goal of the demons, to drag you away from the sacraments and prayer.  Continue going to confession, and tell the priest up front: "I have scruples", and then confess.

And when the demons come and tell you: "You sin more by going to confession!", LAUGH at them and say, "Guardian Angel, what idiot demons.  The Lord loved me so much, He died for my sins.  He makes excuses to save me.  I have hope in my salvation, unlike goofy demons who are lost for ever."
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"