red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

mikemac

Quote from: Goldfinch on January 16, 2022, 10:27:14 AM
Quote from: Vox Clara on January 15, 2022, 08:35:18 PM
Mo Ghille Mear by the Choral Scholars of University College Dublin

[yt][/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcZ4uMmF0vw[/yt]

"The sword is the weapon which suits them best. They advance with rapidity, discharge their pieces when within musket length [i.e. range] of the enemy, and then, throwing them down, draw their swords, and holding a dirk in their left hand with their target [shield], they dart with fury on the enemy through the smoke of their fire. When within reach of the enemy's bayonets, bending their left knee they by their attitude cover their bodies with their targets, that receive the thrust of the bayonets, which they contrive to parry, while at the same time they raise their sword-arm and strike their adversary. Having got within the bayonets they [their opponents] have no longer any means of defending themselves: the fate of the battle is decided in an instant, and the carnage follows, the Highlanders bringing down two men at a time, one with the dirk in the left hand, and another with the sword. Their attack is so terrible that the best troops in Europe will with difficulty sustain the shock of it: and if the swords of the Highlanders once come in contact with them, their defeat is inevitable." -- Chevalier James de Johnstone describing the Highland charge at Prestonpans in 1745.

Chevalier James de Johnstone is best remembered for his Memoirs of the rebellion in 1745 and 1746, first published in 1820.

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc2.ark:/13960/t0pr82c2b&view=1up&seq=1
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

PerEvangelicaDicta

I've just begun listening to a treasure trove of ~150 Fr. Wathen sermons, courtesy of one (of a number  :)) I most respect on SD.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

queen.saints

I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

TerrorDæmonum

A discussion I saw about Canadians in Canada making a convoy reminded me of Paul Brandt's cover of Convoy. He is Canadian and the footage is from Canada (although, the song is supposed to be in the USA):

Vox Clara

A nice Carlist song, El Abanderado de la Tradiciòn

[yt][/yt]

Goldfinch

Quote from: Vox Clara on January 26, 2022, 12:17:00 PM
A nice Carlist song, El Abanderado de la Tradiciòn

[yt][/yt]

The last cry of true Spain.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

Melkor

Acoustic version for people who prefer a gentler style of music.

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

TerrorDæmonum

For those wondering why one would listen to a song about a pagan goddess (Epona), it is a song from the perspective of a Celtic person suffering under Roman invasion.

It is the perspective of the Helvetii after the Battle of Bibracte as they move away from their homeland to escape the violence. The album is about the Helvetios (hence the name of the album).

Prayerful

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dyUsXgL7ow[/yt]

English folk singer Anne Briggs sings a very well known, almost clichéd Irish folk song, but the voice is haunting.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Vox Clara

Let No Man Steal Your Thyme, an old English folk song, performed by Carey Mulligan and Michael Sheen in Far From the Madding Crowd (2015)

[yt][/yt]

Prayerful

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcgVYa1zPe0[/yt]

Bathsheba (Julie Christie, voiced by Isla Cameron, who collected the song, here) sings Bushes and Briars in the 1967 version.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Vox Clara

Another song about thyme:

Wild Mountain Thyme by the Choral Scholars and Alumni of University College Dublin

[yt][/yt]