To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

It always surprises me when people actually watch the videos in this thread. I never do. I always review mine before posting, though. I linked to the audio stream of "Shut Up and Dance" way back when it came out last summer, but only because the video is so annoyingly literal that I've never made it to the end.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: piabee on June 23, 2015, 11:19:54 AM
It always surprises me when people actually watch the videos in this thread. I never do. I always review mine before posting, though. I linked to the audio stream of "Shut Up and Dance" way back when it came out last summer, but only because the video is so annoyingly literal that I've never made it to the end.

I consciously listened to the song ...  about last week.  :blush:
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

piabee

I'm not complaining about the song! (or anything) I crank up the volume every time it comes on in the car.

Mono no aware

I don't mind watching the videos because film is an art form, and music videos are an opportunity to get back to the original scheme of just "sight & sound."  Before the talkies, there was just images and music, and some of the best silents are shorts.  Done properly, music videos can be good.  I think the singer for Walk the Moon bears some facial resemblance to Geddy Lee, the singer for Rush.  Both bands are pretty awful.  The girl in the video had a nice haircut, but it would've been better had it been shaved on one side, and maybe dyed violet and aquamarine.  It would've been more cyberpunk, which was 80s.  But instead the whole video was just "atrocious 80s cheese."  Oh well.

piabee

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 23, 2015, 12:06:15 PM
But instead the whole video was just "atrocious 80s cheese." Oh well.

That's the effect they were going for.

Mono no aware

Quote from: piabee on June 23, 2015, 06:51:55 PM
Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 23, 2015, 12:06:15 PM
But instead the whole video was just "atrocious 80s cheese." Oh well.

That's the effect they were going for.

Yes.  Given the quality of the music, it was very evident.  I was just wishing that it had been otherwise.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Arun

Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros' "Streetcore" album. one of my all time favourites.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Arun

Ac/dc dirty deeds album

sent from a cheap Asian phone using Crapatalk

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Archer

Bob the builder, can we fix it....
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Archer on July 03, 2015, 05:05:25 AM
Bob the builder, can we fix it....

Yes, we can! ....but, I'm gonna need some coffee first