Just state your name.....and why!

Started by Obrien, August 21, 2016, 10:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacafamala

Jacafamala is a mix of my kids name. I picked Morticia for my avatar because she is the bomb.
"I shall die with weapons in my hands."
-St Therese of Lisieux

Carleendiane

Jaca, you had me wondering about your username. I just want to know how you walk in those dresses. Morticia sure wore some butt cuppers. Don't cha think? I could not walk in them
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

butt cupper...  that's a new phrase for me
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Made "butt cupper" up when my girls were teenagers and we were going over modesty rules when shopping. No butt cuppers! Now, Morticia was not held to the same standard. She can get away with it.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Mono no aware

I started off with a different user name, taken from the novel Jane Eyre.  It fit me well.  Then, one day, Chestertonian and Der Kopf were "woot woot"-ing over hip-hop.  After I'd had more of it than I could stand (which is very little; I abhor hip-hop), I demanded a name change, in order to highlight the incongruity of hip-hop on a traditional Catholic forum.  I chose "Pon de Replay," which is a Rihanna song.  I once had a co-worker who was obsessed with Rihanna, and played Rihanna music constantly on her iPod.  So I'm pretty conversant with the Rihanna catalogue.  "Pon de Replay" is a particularly annoying selection.  It has an abrasive, "clickety-clack" staccato feel to it.  Rihanna isn't really hip-hop, technically speaking, but it's the same idea.  About the nicest thing I can say of Rihanna is that she's a very attractive (if brazenly immodest) young lady.  I can't post the video because of the immodesty issue.

Obviously it's a disastrous name selection, but I don't dare change it.  I rather like the notion of having to live with one's mistakes.  Albatrosses around necks.

erin is nice

Quote from: Pon de Replay on August 28, 2016, 05:18:47 PM
I started off with a different user name, taken from the novel Jane Eyre.  It fit me well.  Then, one day, Chestertonian and Der Kopf were "woot woot"-ing over hip-hop.  After I'd had more of it than I could stand (which is very little; I abhor hip-hop), I demanded a name change, in order to highlight the incongruity of hip-hop on a traditional Catholic forum.  I chose "Pon de Replay," which is a Rihanna song.  I once had a co-worker who was obsessed with Rihanna, and played Rihanna music constantly on her iPod.  So I'm pretty conversant with the Rihanna catalogue.  "Pon de Replay" is a particularly annoying selection.  It has a really abrasive, "clickety-clack" staccato feel to it.  Rihanna isn't really hip-hop, technically speaking, but it's the same idea.  About the nicest thing I can say of Rihanna is that she's a very attractive (if brazenly immodest) young lady.  I can't post the video because of the immodesty issue.

Obviously it's a disastrous name selection, but I don't dare change it.  I rather like the notion of having to live with one's mistakes.  Albatrosses around necks.

You will always be Mr. Brockle to me.

Chestertonian

I started off with a different user name, taken from the novel Jane Eyre.  It fit me well.  Then, one day, Chestertonian and Der Kopf were "woot woot"-ing over hip-hop.  After I'd had more of it than I could stand (which is very little; I abhor hip-hop), I demanded a name change, in order to highlight the incongruity of hip-hop on a traditional Catholic forum.  I chose "Pon de Replay," which is a Rihanna song.  I once had a co-worker who was obsessed with Rihanna, and played Rihanna music constantly on her iPod.  So I'm pretty conversant with the Rihanna catalogue.  "Pon de Replay" is a particularly annoying selection.  It has an abrasive, "clickety-clack" staccato feel to it.  Rihanna isn't really hip-hop, technically speaking, but it's the same idea.  About the nicest thing I can say of Rihanna is that she's a very attractive (if brazenly immodest) young lady.  I can't post the video because of the immodesty issue.

When did kaesderkopf and i "woot woot" over hip hop?

also, i think of you every time "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" comes on and i always think about what it would be like if "mr brocklehursts neighborhood were a real show,but with daniel tiger-esque repetitive musical messages...one could be "sufjan stevens...ruins everything"
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Mono no aware

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 28, 2016, 06:32:11 PMWhen did kaesderkopf and i "woot woot" over hip hop?

On this thread.  And I got it wrong; it wasn't "woot woot."  It was "arf arf."

Kaesekopf

Mr dj, turn the music up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

ok i remmeber that thread now

while i remember the DMX reference to "yall gonna make me lose my mind, up in here, up in here" and Nelly's "Must be the money" i do not think i have heard the pon de replay song

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jacafamala on August 28, 2016, 12:30:02 PM
Jacafamala is a mix of my kids name. I picked Morticia for my avatar because she is the bomb.

Dear Jaca, please let me know if I am annoying you. I think me don't know when I am annoying. Sometimes I do, sometimes I dont. I enjoy you here. Wouldn't want to be The forum pest. Maybe I already am.

Jacafamala

Quote from: Carleendiane on August 28, 2016, 04:57:03 PM
Made "butt cupper" up when my girls were teenagers and we were going over modesty rules when shopping. No butt cuppers! Now, Morticia was not held to the same standard. She can get away with it.

There. Fixed it!
-St Therese of Lisieux

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jacafamala on August 29, 2016, 01:01:30 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on August 28, 2016, 04:57:03 PM

There. Fixed it!

But you didn't need to fix it, Jaca. Any way I love your new avatar! How very militant! You will take up arms when needed. A real inspiration!

Jacafamala

Oh, she's Annie Oakley. I've got a thing for her too.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

-St Therese of Lisieux

Chestertonian

Quote from: Jacafamala on August 28, 2016, 12:30:02 PM

so...on Christmas do you sing "ja-ca-ma-fa-la-la-la-la-la?"