Hi Everyone!

Started by AgnusDei, January 15, 2019, 06:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St. Columba

AgnusDei....welcome friend.

A word of caution: given your age, I think your faith might very well be tested if you hang out here.  If I were you, I would first consult with a Catholic priest, whom you trust, to help you first discern if a forum like this is safe for you.

If you are coming from the Novus Ordo (which is my guess based on something you wrote), you will find that many here are vehemently against the Pope, and a significant number here have abandoned recognizing Pope Francis as Pope and/or have left Catholicism altogether.  Some of the brass here now also speak derisively of the entire Western theological tradition.

To be sure, there is much good to be found in the hallowed halls of Suscipe Domine, but there are also many potential perils to your faith here as well.  Tread with ginger, my dear friend.

People don't have ideas...ideas have people.  - Jordan Peterson quoting Carl Jung

Non Nobis

Quote from: St. Columba on January 20, 2019, 01:06:49 PM
AgnusDei....welcome friend.

A word of caution: given your age, I think your faith might very well be tested if you hang out here.  If I were you, I would first consult with a Catholic priest, whom you trust, to help you first discern if a forum like this is safe for you.

If you are coming from the Novus Ordo (which is my guess based on something you wrote), you will find that many here are vehemently against the Pope, and a significant number here have abandoned recognizing Pope Francis as Pope and/or have left Catholicism altogether.  Some of the brass here now also speak derisively of the entire Western theological tradition.

To be sure, there is much good to be found in the hallowed halls of Suscipe Domine, but there are also many potential perils to your faith here as well.  Tread with ginger, my dear friend.

As much as I get out of SD (the great good that is here and the opportunity to sometimes fight the bad), I agree that there are some obvious dangers here and that it would not be a bad idea to talk to a priest. Don't be too scared of the forum though, or rely on just any modern priest - some new things in the Church are terrible and you need to go somewhere to hear the other side. You can't put your head in the sand of the popular Church - I think that is more dangerous! But be prudent. Know yourself and if you see your faith wavering,  it may be time to go elsewhere.

Our Lord tells us:

QuoteMatthew 10:
[16] Behold I send you as sheep in the midst of wolves. Be ye therefore wise as serpents and simple as doves.

There are wolves on every side now, and  God is requiring great wisdom of us -  it is very difficult to be a good Catholic in this world. Learn your faith, seek wise men, and pray, always trusting in God (as simple as doves).
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Augustinian21