ICKSP St. Louis

Started by Heinrich, October 09, 2018, 08:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Anyone is St. Louis who attends the IKCSP? We will be there for the early Mass this Sunday. We are looking for a place to stay Saturday night. Is there a place close by that will not break the bank and is safe? Thanks!

--H
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

ermy_law

Since you've gotten no other responses, I'll offer some advice since I venture to St. Louis fairly often.

Do not stay near the oratory. I'd look for hotels out west of the city both for safety and price. Maybe look for some place west of Forest Park. There are lots of suburbs beyond that with good access to one of the interstates going downtown.

Traffic will be light on Sunday mornings. When we are over there and opt for the oratory rather than the SSPX, we usually drive about 30 minutes into the city to get to the oratory from about 24 miles away.

Heinrich

The thing is is we will be traveling with hounds. We will have to leave them at the hotel, then backtrack when we gather to go, but it looks as if that is the best option. I pertty much gathered that the oratory area is a no go zone. Thanks!

--H
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Heinrich on October 09, 2018, 08:23:50 AM
Anyone is St. Louis who attends the IKCSP? We will be there for the early Mass this Sunday. We are looking for a place to stay Saturday night. Is there a place close by that will not break the bank and is safe? Thanks!

--H

Dear Heinrich,

The Hilton below allows pets with a $50.00 Deposit. The rate on this hotel is $95 a night for this Saturday coming up.

If you are not a member yet of the Hilton Honors program, once you join for free, you get points for every night you spend.
In addition, after 10 nights you are given 10,000 points, which in some cases allows you to stay free at certain Hilton brands.
I think you are also able to use points for rental cars & shopping on Amazon, etc.

By signing up with the Hilton Honors program (free of charge) you get a better rate compared to a non member.

It seems that most Institute parishes are not in the best neighborhoods. I noticed from looking at the Hilton page that
there are a couple of Hampton options in the $100 Dollar range, close to the airport. I am not too familiar with Saint Louis, but
I'm a bit familiar with the Hampton brand (part of Hilton).

Some Hilton brands allow pets.

Hilton St. Louis Airport- $95 Dollars a night

10330 Natural Bridge Road, Saint Louis, Missouri, 63134-3303, USA
TEL: +1-314-426-5500 FAX: +1-314-426-3429

Pets:

Service animals allowed: Yes
Pets allowed: Yes

Deposit: $50.00
(Non-Refundable)
Maximum Weight: 75 lbs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another option:

$109
https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/missouri/hilton-garden-inn-st-louis-airport-STLNPGI/index.html

$105
https://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/missouri/hampton-inn-st-louis-sunset-hills-STLSHHX/index.html

$107
https://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/missouri/hampton-inn-st-louis-airport-STLAPHX/index.html

------------------------------------------------------------------

I also believe that some extended stay places allow pets (I have seen people stay there for 1 or 2 nights).
Some Bestwestern Hotels allow pets as well.
You could also check on AIR BNB, some of them also allow pets.

I hope that the above helps. Have a safe strip. Best of wishes & prayers going your way.

God bless.

:pray3: :pray2:

Heinrich

Very kind of you! Thanks!

Christe Eleison

Dear Heinrich,

Also, try Hotels.com.
I cannot link them up now, because they are doing some kind of maintenance. They also have a program where you sign up,
stay at any of their hotels & get the 10th night free.

If I am not mistaken, KK has also traveled & visited the Institute parish in Saint Louis, so he should have a couple of hotel
names & tips for you.

Take good care,

God bless  :pray3: