Author Topic: North Korea summit: Kim Jong commits explicitly to "complete denuclearization".  (Read 731 times)

Offline Xavier

• Poor, Useless tool of Mary hopeful of being Her Slave.
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Immaculate Heart of Mary, Triumph Soon!
  • Religion: Catholic Christian
This is definitely good news. Deo Gratias. Kim Jong un has committed to complete denuclearization. The prospects for peace look good, and it's now fairly certain North Korea won't be able to threaten missile launches at South Korea or anyone else for the next 2 to 3 decades at least. All accomplished by President Trump in a Reaganesque "Peace through Strength" policy with firing a single shot.

There's only 2 words for that: Complete Success.

The same leftist press that warned - rightly for once - that millions of people would die in hours on the Korean peninsula in case of war, is now trying to spin this complete success as an alleged "concession". Firstly, they refuse to acknowledge the immediate success of saving potentially tens of millions of lives. Secondly, the long term success of obtaining denuclearization. Thirdly, there is no concession; sanctions remain for now, but will gradually be removed once the nuclear facilities are dismantled. North Korea should prosper, provided it does so peacefully.

Trump did say he may reduce some of the 28,000 troops stationed on the Korean peninsula, but he didn't say that to Kim; he told reporters he may make that decision later to cut unnecessary costs and for other reasons. Trump has played his cards very well here. This is surely as good as what Reagan would have done. And despite cnn and most of the media engaging in their usual denial, I think this is going to play very well with the electorate in November. http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2018/june/president-trump-north-koreas-kim-wrap-up-historic-summit-kim-commits-to-complete-denuclearization

Thoughts?

President Trump followed his historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un with a press conference heralding a message of hope, vision and peace.

The president said 70 years after the Korean War began, the world entered a new chapter and a new history. He said vigorous negotiations would began immediately toward the complete denuclearization of North Korea and pledged they would stop war games. He indicated they would meet again to discuss Kim's commitment to denuclearization, saying they were "much further along" than he would have thought.

MORE: 'Anyone Can Make War, Only the Most Courageous Can Make Peace': Trump's Historic N Korea Agreement

North Korea, he said, has a "substantial arsenal" of nuclear weapons, adding that the summit should have taken place five years ago.

The two leaders signed an agreement "to build a lasting and stable peace regime." It also provides "security guarantees" by the US for North Korea.

With the entire world watching, they met on Tuesday at a hotel in Singapore in front of a display of American and North Korean flags to began their historic face-to-face summit over the fate of Pyongyang's nuclear arsenal and the prospect of peace between the two nations.

Speaking to reporters with Kim sitting by his side, Trump said: 'I feel really great we'll have a great discussion and I think a great success, tremendously successful. It's my honor. We'll have a tremendous relationship no doubt."

"The past was filled with obstacles and prejudices, but we got past them and we are here today," Kim responded through his interpreter. 

At their farewell meeting, a reporter asked President Trump what surprised him most about the North Korean leader.  He replied, "A great personality and very smart. Good combination. He's a worthy negotiator, negotiating on behalf of his people. A very worthy, a very smart negotiator. We had a terrific day. We learnt a lot about each other and about our countries. I learnt he is a very talented man. I also learned that he loves his country very much."

Another reporter asked the president if they would be meeting again. He replied, "We will meet again; we will meet many times."

They bid farewell and began a process many hope will lead to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and even perhaps the end of the Korean War. 

The meeting between the two leaders was billed by political experts as one of the most highly anticipated diplomatic meetings in the last century.

President Trump said Monday he would know if Kim was sincere about peace within the first couple of minutes of their meeting.

The schedule for the meeting had been set for several days. When he emerged from his one-on-one talk with Kim, Trump said the meeting was "very, very good" and that the two have an "excellent relationship."

Trump and Kim talked for about 40 minutes with only interpreters present in the room.

The president made the comments while he and Kim walked together as they headed to a larger meeting with their aides.

Trump was joined by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and National Security Advisor John Bolton. The four men sat across the table from Kim and his team.

After the larger meeting, the group will then transition to a working lunch.

Up early in preparation for the meeting Tuesday morning, Trump tweeted, "Meetings between staffs and representatives are going well and quickly ... but in the end, that doesn't matter. We will all know soon whether or not a real deal, unlike those of the past, can happen!"

US officials have said a best-case scenario would be that the summit serves as the platform for further negotiations, providing Kim and his heavily sanctioned nation with economic guarantees in exchange for dismantling his country's nuclear capabilities once and for all.

"I believe we're going to have a terrific success or a modified success," Trump said during a press conference last week with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. "But I really believe that we have the potential to do something incredible for the world. And it's my honor to be involved."

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tried to keep expectations about the talks in check.

"We are hopeful this summit will have set the conditions for future successful talks," Pompeo said.

Trump will have only a few hours with Kim as the White House announced the president would be leaving Singapore on Tuesday evening. The White House said Trump was leaving early because negotiations had moved "more quickly than expected," but gave no details.

Following the meeting, Trump will hold a press conference with reporters as Kim departs for North Korea.

The president plans to stop in Guam and Hawaii on his way back to Washington.

On Monday, US and North Korean officials met at a Singapore hotel working out last minute details and trying to get acquainted after years of little to no contact between the two governments. 

Trump spoke only briefly in public Monday predicting a "nice" outcome. 

It is not known if the president will bring up the issue of human rights at the meeting.  Just hours before meeting with Kim, the president took to Twitter to lash out at his critics.

"The fact that I am having a meeting is a major loss for the US, say the haters & losers," Trump wrote.  "We have our hostages, testing, research and all missile launches have stopped, and these pundits, who have called me wrong from the beginning, have nothing else they can say! We will be fine!

Kim, 36, now finds himself on the world stage dealing with the president of the United States.  Even though the negotiations could mean even more politically for both men, it could mean perhaps even more for the poverty-stricken citizens of North Korea.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:17:02 AM by Xavier »
Mary, our Heavenly Mother, implores those who receive Holy Communion Daily, or at least Weekly, to Offer their Lives. TEXT OF THE LIFE OFFERING: "My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby Offer my whole Life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the suffering of my entire life for the Adoration and Supplication of the Holy Trinity, for Unity in our Holy Mother Church, for the Holy Father and Priests, for good Priestly vocations, and for all souls until the end of the world. O my Jesus, please accept my life Sacrifice and my offerings and give me Your grace that I may persevere obediently until my death." Amen. https://www.avemariamaternostra.com/life-offering-promises.html It is recommended that you make this Life Offering as soon as you feel ready, and to renew it from time to time.

Please read the Blessed Mother's promises in the link: those who make it seriously will face no Purgatory (promise 5) since they would have completed it here, will have all their loved ones released from Purgatory the day they offer their life with intent to persevere (promise 4), and can save the souls of all their family members in due time by their life offering (promise 3). It will benefit all souls who have ever lived until time's end (promise 2) A simple effective way for thousands of us to save millions of souls. You will have your name written in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary forever (promise 1).

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Japan worried over U.S. plan to suspend military drills with South Korea
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2018/06/b7072b04415b-japan-worried-over-us-plan-to-suspend-military-drills-with-s-korea.html

The view from Seoul: why the Trump-Kim ‘deal’ worries South Koreans
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/12/south-koreans-worried-trump-kim-deal

Trump’s vow to end South Korea military drills and pull out troops confounds Seoul and contradicts Pentagon stance
US command in South Korea and Seoul’s presidential office say they were not told of any change in planned war games, while Trump’s remarks about pulling out troops contradict what Secretary of Defence James Mattis said on Monday
http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/2150491/trumps-vow-end-military-drills-south-korea-contradicts-pentagon
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Religion: Kung Fu
Nie mów hop, póki nie przeskoczysz

Не говори́ гоп, пока́ не переско́чишь

Don't say 'hop' until you jumped.

Let's optimistically hope that fat Kim is sincere, but I very much doubt that the little gook prince is going to respect or honour any agreement made with anyone unless it serves his interests.

I don't think the drills matter that much frankly.  You can't stop them shelling Seoul without carpet bombing North of the border for 30 miles.

I am pleased the liberals have been turned into war hawks though.  Trump continues to be mercurial and that is destabilizing to the enemy and probably a good thing.

The following users thanked this post: Frank

Offline clau clau

• My other bike is a Pinarello
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Traditionalist videogamer - I only play 8-bit video games
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:24:16 AM by clau clau »
Would you like to shake hands with Pope 1 or Pope 2 - Dr Seuss

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste, Frank

Offline Jacob

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
This is not about Kim and his sincerity.  It is about Kim's PRChina masters and what they will allow for their own purposes.

At the same time this is all happening, the PRChina is moving steadily into the South China Sea without much in the way of push back.
“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.”
--Neal Stephenson

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden

Offline Greg

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Major
  • Religion: Kung Fu
Why should there be pushback?  It is the South China Sea after all.

Do you really want the Philippines or Indonesia or Vietnam making claims and fighting over tiny coral atolls.

Better that China controls their own patch of the world.  The day they take Japan or Alaska or Australia over will be the day I complain about their expansionist policy.

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
I am pleased the liberals have been turned into war hawks though.

Yeah dude, and it's not just recent.  Those who hung out at antiwar.com (haven't been there in ages) know what I'm talking about.  It used to be a place of agreement between the left and right.  Then Obama gets elected, starts drone striking people, kills Kadafi, and starts the terror war in Syria, and the left goes quiet.  Basically antiwar.com is a libertarian site now.  Rand Paul is the only guy you can count on.

20 years ago would you predict the left screeching about the US talking with NK about peace?  Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
This is not about Kim and his sincerity.  It is about Kim's PRChina masters and what they will allow for their own purposes.

At the same time this is all happening, the PRChina is moving steadily into the South China Sea without much in the way of push back.

This is true (China is key), but I reject the lack of push back.  Yes, NK is all about China, and Trump is calling China's bluff in NK.  Also, Trump just opened an embassy in Taiwan. 

China is a tough one, but Trump is slowly increasing the pressure on them.  ZTE was another move.  We got concessions from China to keep their company in business (to put it in perspective, it would be similar to waking up tomorrow and finding out that Apple shutdown).  What those concessions were, we don't know, but Trump, Ross, and Navarro aren't dummies.

The next move against China will be a summit with Putin.  That's coming up.  Mueller held that one up, but Mueller is getting crushed.  Trump signaled that when he called for Russia to come back to the G8.  The fact that he was able to say that was the important point, not the content of what he said.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Offline Frank

• Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 05:14:06 PM by Frank »

Offline Frank

• Vizekorporal

The following users thanked this post: Carleendiane

Offline dellery

• Sempronius Densus
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
Kenig Trump, Dennis Rodman, and Kim Jong un have been preparing this spectacle for years.

Prepare to be overwhelmed by the march of the fools.
Persecution is in the works, as well as a Zionist vs. Catholic civil-war.
Kenig Trump will use the Israeli Protestant 5th column to crush anti-Zionist political resistance in the US.

While so-called "Trads" are railing against Catholic immigration into the US, and making friends with hill-billies, their fearless Jew leader is courting Communism. How does guaranteeing the security of a communist nation sound? Something like St. Kobe would propose?
As if having one murderous parasite attached to our belly wasn't enough.

You WILL be overwhelmed by the march of the fools, or you shall march aside them.
Since survival and growth are directly connected with the uncertain, ever-changing, unpredictable world of winning and losing, we will exploit this whirling (conceptual) spiral of orientation, mismatches, analyses/ synthesis, reorientation, mismatches, analyses/synthesis … so that we can comprehend, cope with, and shape—as well as be shaped by—that world and the novelty that arises out or it.
http://pogoarchives.org/m/dni/john_boyd_compendium/conceptual-spiral-20111100.pdf

Rise up, O Lord, in thy anger: and be thou exalted in the borders of my enemies. And arise, O Lord, my God, in the precept which thou has commanded: and a congregation of people shall surround thee. The swords of the enemy have failed unto the end: and their cities thou hast destroyed. Their memory hath perished with a noise: but the Lord remaineth forever.

Offline Bonaventure

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
While so-called "Trads" are railing against Catholic immigration into the US, and making friends with hill-billies, their fearless Jew leader is courting Communism. How does guaranteeing the security of a communist nation sound? Something like St. Kobe would propose?

You’ve lost all credibility here buddy.

The people coming into this country, overwhelmingly illegally, are not old timely Catholics staring dreamy eyed at the Statue of Liberty. I worked with their kids at a title I Catholic school in Phoenix, Arizona. Totally on the take, dumb, entitled, nominally Catholic, brainwashed into being a democrat party sheep.

This is all at a school that is an outlier. We used the Baltimore catechism, had TLM At least once a week, yet these kids couldn’t be distinguished from any run of the mill Novus Ordo school.

I myself am Mexican. My father (legally) immigrated to this country as a child.

You’re embarrassing yourself. Stop.

The following users thanked this post: Heinrich, Lynne

Offline Kaesekopf

• Enkindle in us the virtues of humility and patience So we too may obediently do your will faithfully.
  • Oberst
  • Major
    • Suscipe Domine
Kenig Trump, Dennis Rodman, and Kim Jong un have been preparing this spectacle for years.

Prepare to be overwhelmed by the march of the fools.
Persecution is in the works, as well as a Zionist vs. Catholic civil-war.
Kenig Trump will use the Israeli Protestant 5th column to crush anti-Zionist political resistance in the US.

You WILL be overwhelmed by the march of the fools, or you shall march aside them.
>Implying there are any Catholics who oppose Israel.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Offline dellery

• Sempronius Densus
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel

You’ve lost all credibility here buddy.

The people coming into this country, overwhelmingly illegally, are not old timely Catholics staring dreamy eyed at the Statue of Liberty. I worked with their kids at a title I Catholic school in Phoenix, Arizona. Totally on the take, dumb, entitled, nominally Catholic, brainwashed into being a democrat party sheep.

This is all at a school that is an outlier. We used the Baltimore catechism, had TLM At least once a week, yet these kids couldn’t be distinguished from any run of the mill Novus Ordo school.

I myself am Mexican. My father (legally) immigrated to this country as a child.

You’re embarrassing yourself. Stop.

LOL, very few are able to bestow, or withhold, credibility.

So, what do you think about being the security guarantor of a Communist nation at the direction of a Zionist Protestant?
Seems like the kind of scenario a Catholic would find a little unsettling.
Since survival and growth are directly connected with the uncertain, ever-changing, unpredictable world of winning and losing, we will exploit this whirling (conceptual) spiral of orientation, mismatches, analyses/ synthesis, reorientation, mismatches, analyses/synthesis … so that we can comprehend, cope with, and shape—as well as be shaped by—that world and the novelty that arises out or it.
http://pogoarchives.org/m/dni/john_boyd_compendium/conceptual-spiral-20111100.pdf

Rise up, O Lord, in thy anger: and be thou exalted in the borders of my enemies. And arise, O Lord, my God, in the precept which thou has commanded: and a congregation of people shall surround thee. The swords of the enemy have failed unto the end: and their cities thou hast destroyed. Their memory hath perished with a noise: but the Lord remaineth forever.

Offline james03

• Hauptmann
So, what do you think about being the security guarantor of a Communist nation at the direction of a Zionist Protestant?
Seems like the kind of scenario a Catholic would find a little unsettling.

I've done more in the real world to fight communism then you ever will.  What's my take?  Trump is taking it slow.  The hurdle is China, not the NORKs.  What did we give up?  We called off military drills.  How long would it take to start them up again?  Not long.

Trump has put the ball back in the China/NORK court.  We'll see what happens.

As far as "Catholic" immigrants, have you been to Latin America?  Besides a (very) few Trad enclaves, the place is Prot., including the "Catholics".  You worried about communism?  Ever here of Liberation Theology?  THOSE are the "Catholics" jumping the border.

The following users thanked this post: Kaesekopf, Lynne, Carleendiane