Update on the trip

Started by jovan66102, June 13, 2018, 05:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jovan66102

Well, the bad news is, the car died! The good news is that it died as my Cuter and Shorter Half was returning from buying another car. She's picking it up tomorrow, and Friday morning, as soon as the vet opens (the dog's hotel whilst we're gone. LOL!), we're on the road!
Jovan-Marya Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux
https://musingsofanoldcurmudgeon.blogspot.com/

ServusMariae

Sincere condolences on the death of the old car (don't really know how to put it, haha) & congrats on getting a new one! Continued prayers for the whole family, for sure. Have fun!  :pray1: :pray2: :pray3:

Non Nobis

Quote from: jovan66102 on June 13, 2018, 05:39:37 PM
Well, the bad news is, the car died! The good news is that it died as my Cuter and Shorter Half was returning from buying another car. She's picking it up tomorrow, and Friday morning, as soon as the vet opens (the dog's hotel whilst we're gone. LOL!), we're on the road!

Perfect timing!  ..Well, close enough.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Gardener

On your way, remember one very important Plains-crossing-to-the-Rockies rule: Do. Not. Diss. Terry.

Many in the past have died from it.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

jovan66102

Well, I said the Itinerarium at 07.30, and we dropped the dog at the vet's and were Colorado bound by 09.30. We've made it to Sterling, Colorado. It's about three more hours to Red Feather Lakes, via Fort Collins. We're staying the night in a cheap, mom'n'pop motel. It's clean and neat, but the A/C doesn't work. Of course, it's a cool 86 F here, so it's cooler than my room at home!  :rofl:

"Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)" St Bernard of Clairvaux

jovan66102

Well, the Cuter & Shorter Half figured out how to get the A/C to work so it was a comfortable night sleeping. We're now in Red Feather Lakes. It doesn't look like I will have any connectivity at the cabin, but the public library, about a mile from it, in which I'm sitting and typing this, has 24/7 wi-fi, so if I have to I can come here and sit on the bench outside the door.

The chilluns and the grand chilluns will be here at the library in a few minutes to meet us. So, if I don't get to the library before we head home, I'll be posting again tomorrow week. Keep us all in your prayers, please.

jovan66102

Despite my regular sleeping schedule being from about 03.30 to 11.30, I'm trying to 'readjust' so I can spend more time with the family. I got up at 08.30 this morning.

Our oldest daughter and two of her children (minus our oldest grandson) arrived at about 23.30 last night. I had forgotten that today was Father's Day, so when I came out of the bedroom, I was greeted with 'Happy Father's Day' and a bit of news.

I was immediately informed that I'm am going to be a great grandfather! I have been joking for the last year or two that it was going to happen, and that I didn't feel old enough to be a great grandfather.

I am reminded of 23 years ago this October when we had a family conversation about grandchildren. I told Jenny not to be in a hurry, because I wasn't ready yet. She assured me that it would be several years, so I didn't need to worry. A few days later, she called me to inform me that I was going to be a grandfather in May!

At any rate, we're having a great time. Jenny and Amber are headed back to California in the morning, but our grandson is spending the week, and flying back to California at the end of our stay.