second coming vs chastisement

Started by pioflower, February 26, 2018, 11:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioflower

Dear all,

I'm really confused, what comes first the chastisement of fire predicted by our lady at Akita
or the second coming?

Gabriel Amorth said in 2015 that the chastisement was close, could be in a matter of months
he also said there were so many exorcisms because Jesus was returning soon

Please don't answer, you need to treat today like its your last, I know that, I'm just confused about what to expect.

ServusMariae

From my own understanding, universal chastisement = God teaching world its lesson without having the need for Him to literally get down back into the world, because that would be Second Coming. Second Coming is the time when Our Lord will return in His full awe & glory, but that will happen at the end of time & everything.

... so yeah: chastisements first, then Second Coming.

martin88nyc

Quote from: pioflower on February 26, 2018, 11:40:45 AM

Dear all,

I'm really confused, what comes first the chastisement of fire predicted by our lady at Akita
or the second coming?

Gabriel Amorth said in 2015 that the chastisement was close, could be in a matter of months

Please don't answer, you need to treat today like its your last, I know that, I'm just confused about what to expect.
He also believed in Medjugorje so I don;t think that he was the most reliable source on these matters.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Michael Wilson

After reading through a lot of private revelations, I've come to the conclusion that it is better to ignore most of the eschatological stuff, as most of it appears impossible to reconcile, and harmonize.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Michael Wilson on February 26, 2018, 07:12:06 PM
After reading through a lot of private revelations, I've come to the conclusion that it is better to ignore most of the eschatological stuff, as most of it appears impossible to reconcile, and harmonize.

Just always be ready to die.  As Christians have always acted.  We know not the day or hour.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Carleendiane

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 26, 2018, 06:50:54 PM

Dear all,

or the second coming?

He also believed in Medjugorje so I don;t think that he was the most reliable source on these matters.

Yes Martin, I agree. Not only his belief in Medj...but his belief in the charismatic movement, the POWER of protestant healing, exorcism, ecumenical services...the whole ball of wax. Poor Gabriel, I do believe he was too soft as to these issues. Read both his books and I believe despite those things, despite his lack of discretion about those very things, God surely used him. I don't know God's attitude as to Fr. Amorth, of course, but He surely used this servant. Amorth knew and understood exorcism and the horrible effect the deprivation of this service had on His church. Amorth was tireless seeing to the needs of the Church. He spent his energy, time and effort for the relief of souls. The fact that he was properly appointed and called to do the church this awful and much needed service, is the reason his mission was granted success after success.

Reading his first book, by the time I was only a third of the way through, if that, I was convinced.....yes, this is real, so very real, it needed no extra drama, no gory details, no box office potential, nothing to demonstrate the truth of his story. As a matter of fact, Amorth told his story to teach us about the terrible hold the devil has on many ordinary people like you and i. He added no extra color, and did nothing to excite the imagination or contribute to an inordinate curiosity about the evil one. His two books were written to inform us, not to entertain us.He simply tried to convey the need for this service and the disservice done to us by withholding this type of healing  ministry.

Yep, he disappointed me with his V2 acceptance of and comfort with the things mentioned at the beginning of this post. I do hope he is resting in peace, for the great service he rendered  the  church. RIP, Fr. Amorth the chief exorcist of the Vatican!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Greg

Why not save your question until after the first event happens.  Because the chances are you won't be around for whatever comes next.

In which case .....  why worry about it?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Greg on February 27, 2018, 12:31:06 AM
Why not save your question until after the first event happens.  Because the chances are you won't be around for whatever comes next.

In which case .....  why worry about it?

Indeed.  If the chastisement is half as bad as they say it is gonna be, we're probably gonna wanna die in it.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

lauermar

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 26, 2018, 10:01:21 PM

Dear all,

or the second coming?

Yes Martin, I agree. Not only his belief in Medj...but his belief in the charismatic movement, the POWER of protestant healing, exorcism, ecumenical services...the whole ball of wax. Poor Gabriel, I do believe he was too soft as to these issues. Read both his books and I believe despite those things, despite his lack of discretion about those very things, God surely used him. I don't know God's attitude as to Fr. Amorth, of course, but He surely used this servant. Amorth knew and understood exorcism and the horrible effect the deprivation of this service had on His church. Amorth was tireless seeing to the needs of the Church. He spent his energy, time and effort for the relief of souls. The fact that he was properly appointed and called to do the church this awful and much needed service, is the reason his mission was granted success after success.

Reading his first book, by the time I was only a third of the way through, if that, I was convinced.....yes, this is real, so very real, it needed no extra drama, no gory details, no box office potential, nothing to demonstrate the truth of his story. As a matter of fact, Amorth told his story to teach us about the terrible hold the devil has on many ordinary people like you and i. He added no extra color, and did nothing to excite the imagination or contribute to an inordinate curiosity about the evil one. His two books were written to inform us, not to entertain us.He simply tried to convey the need for this service and the disservice done to us by withholding this type of healing  ministry.

Yep, he disappointed me with his V2 acceptance of and comfort with the things mentioned at the beginning of this post. I do hope he is resting in peace, for the great service he rendered  the  church. RIP, Fr. Amorth the chief exorcist of the Vatican!

I'm glad someone mentioned Amorth's unfortunate fascination and belief in the redemptive-power of alternative worship. I got his first book from the library and I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters. He lost credibility with me when he said he'd had failed exorcisms which he referred out to faith healers who had better success. I returned the book as soon as I read it. He was full of Vatican Ii.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

martin88nyc

Quote from: lauermar on March 10, 2018, 11:36:20 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 26, 2018, 10:01:21 PM

Dear all,

or the second coming?

I'm glad someone mentioned Amorth's unfortunate fascination and belief in the redemptive-power of alternative worship. I got his first book from the library and I couldn't get past the first couple of chapters. He lost credibility with me when he said he'd had failed exorcisms which he referred out to faith healers who had better success. I returned the book as soon as I read it. He was full of Vatican Ii.
That is really unfortunate and hard to understand. Perhaps dealing with demons and studying demonology affected him in many ways.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Greg

Amorth always appeared to me to be a media chasing loon.

Never found him credible in the least.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

lauermar

2nd what Greg said. I have a copy of the traditional Roman Catholic Rite of exorcism in the back of Hostage To The Devil. Many of these passages are heard during the Exorcist movie.

In contrast, I saw a cable On Demand program of a day in the life of Fr. Amorth yesterday. His exorcisms are a shocking departure from tradition. You'd have to see it to believe it. It's like a clown mass. Thumbing his nose at the devil, mocking it, freestyling his prayers. Using a laminated card rather than the book. No solemnity. A cheap picture of Jorge Bergoglio and his giant grin on the wall, which tilted sideways as the debacle continued. Family members, 20 to 30 of them, allowed in the room. Some praying, others socializing as if at a baseball game. At the end of it all, he's basking in the camera. He's not like the quiet humble priests in the Hostage book who prefer anonymity.

Amorth said he would hit Satan with a cane when he dies. Sadly, he died not long after that quip.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)