Fifth Anniversary of SD Approaching

Started by Jayne, November 18, 2017, 12:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Next month is going to be the fifth anniversary of the starting of this forum.

I am wondering what people think of declaring an amnesty for former members who have been banned, in honour of the occasion.  I sometimes see people on other forums reading and discussing our threads here, so it seems like they are still interested in it.  (Matthew at CI did something like this for their tenth anniversary with no apparent ill effects.  He did not make a general amnesty but posted a list of people whom he was willing to give a second chance.)

Obviously, the decision is up to Kaesekopf, but seeing a discussion of the pros and cons might help him make the decision.  Or people might have specific suggestions about how to do it. 

Anyhow, KK please delete this if you don't even want to consider it.  I am just putting the idea out there in case it is helpful.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Vetus Ordo

It seems like a good idea.

Let's see if Käse is open to it.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Lynne

I would like that, I think...the Catholic posters who have been banned...

ETA: Five years?! Amazing...time flies...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Gardener

The traditional 5th anniversary gift is something made of wood.

Maybe Kaesekopf will instead ban us all to the anniversary stocks.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

ServusMariae

Did someone say ... anniversary?! this sounds really exciting ... If anyone needs 5 years' worth of confetti, you can count on me! ;D

That said, banned members being given the Apostolic Pardon by Kaesekopf is good & a once-in-a lifetime opportunity ... but ultimately the decision lies on him, of course.

Gardener

I thought the freeing of people was either of 7 years or every 50.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Jayne

In Roman Catholic tradition, a Jubilee or Holy Year is a year of forgiveness of sins and also the punishment due to sin. It is a year of reconciliation between adversaries, of conversion and receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation, "...and consequently of solidarity, hope, justice, commitment to serve God with joy and in peace with our brothers and sisters."[2] A Jubilee can be "ordinary" if it falls after the set period of years, and "extraordinary" when it is proclaimed for some outstanding event.
From the Wikipedia article on Jubilee.

Gardener

Was thinking of both, actually... the Sabbath year (7th), and then 50th (end of 7 cycles of 7[49+1])

Prayerful

Well this is the Age of Mercy, now that mightn't be a good analogy, given that Bergoglian Mercy is a bit, um......
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Heinrich

Maybe Chef(Käse) could ban five certain people as a gift to all of us.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Who dost volunteer as tribute for the Western territories!?

dymphna17

Quote from: Prayerful on November 19, 2017, 02:49:04 PM
Well this is the Age of Mercy, now that mightn't be a good analogy, given that Bergoglian Mercy is a bit, um......

What if he were to be merciful to us in keeping some banned?  Not thinking of anyone in particular, just thinking.  The gift of wood, eh?  Wooden fences are good for keeping out, but are just as good for keeping in.  5 years is too early for a wooden bat.  Hmmm... Have to do some more thinking about this...
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Jayne

Quote from: Heinrich on November 19, 2017, 03:31:27 PM

Are you volunteering?

red solo cup

I'm going to guess maybe someone who posts regularly on The Natural Sciences.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

dymphna17

Quote from: Heinrich on November 19, 2017, 03:31:27 PM

Yes, but would it be your 5, my 5, or his 5?   ;) :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica