Better Alternative to AdBlock - uBlock Origin (FYI)

Started by Basilios, May 28, 2016, 03:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basilios

Just a quick FYI. AdBlock slows performance, loads websites slower, and worst of all it probably sells your info and lets in ads now anyway (known as acceptable ads - yes I know you can opt out but it still sucks).

Try uBlock origin. NOT PLAIN UBLOCK. It must be Origin (google if you're interested why).

Not a huge deal but you might notice an improvement and better ad blockage and at the very least your information isn't being sold.

Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

Bernadette

I actually just switched to Ublock Origin, after finding out about it on r/minimalism. Not that I'm a minimalist. But sometimes I want to be.  :P
My Lord and my God.

Kaesekopf

uBlock Origin is great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

james03

I am using Ghostery.  It actually speeds things up as it blocks all the crap.  There are some sites I can't tolerate without Ghostery, because they load so slowly.  I check the news on lunch break and use my office computer.  I can barely read Zerohedge.  On my computer with Ghostery, Zerohedge loads quickly.  I also use Opera on my computer, and the office computer has IE.  That might be part of it also.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Akavit

Adblock, Ghostery and Scriptblocker here.  That shuts down pretty much everything - including basic website functionality.

Basilios

Ghostery is also compromised. Try disconnect.me. The free version is good.
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.