TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman123

My mom likes Real Housewives series.

misericonfit

I used to watch The Big Bang Theory all the time. Before that, The Simpsons. Since October, I've put on the TV about half a dozen times. 
Receive, O Lord, all my liberty. Take my memory, my understanding, and my entire will. Whatsoever I have or possess Thou hast bestowed upon me; to Thee I give it all back and surrender it wholly to be governed by Thy Will. Give me love for Thee alone, with Thy grace, and I am rich enough and ask for nothing more.

- St Ignatius Loyola.

Chestertonian

the man in the machine.... About Steve Jobs.  had no idea he was such a narcissistic sociopath
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 09, 2016, 10:22:44 PM
the man in the machine.... About Steve Jobs.  had no idea he was such a narcissistic sociopath

I'll bet that was interesting.  Which station was it on?  Do you think they'll run it again?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 10, 2016, 07:53:03 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on January 09, 2016, 10:22:44 PM

I'll bet that was interesting.  Which station was it on?  Do you think they'll run it again?
it was a CNN documentary

apparently you could tell you were driving behind steve jobs on the highway because he always drove the same silver mercedes with no license plates.  he didnt want license plates on his cars so he found a loophole in the state of california..if a car is leased for under 6 months you arent required to have plates so he made sure to lease a car for 6 months then turn it in and lease an identcal silver mercedes. 

ha also always parked in handicapped spaces
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Hiero of Syracuse

I should check that out. I heard things about Jobs along those lines in the past, but it sounds like  this documentary will provide me with with proof. Not that there is none out there, but I'm glad I can view something someone already put together and not have to track down stories concerning Jobs myself.

red solo cup

Bosch on Amazon Prime. Uneven. Poorly written. Titus Welliver can't act.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

zork

Downton Abbey - Season 6
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Season 5
Twilight Zone - Season 5
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

piabee

Thoughts on Downton, anyone? I've watched the whole final season so I'm curious what you think.

piabee

red solo cup

The Hour seasons 1 and 2. It portrays the early years of BBC TV with a backdrop of the Suez Crisis and the Hungarian Revolution. It showed what it was like to put together a show from behind the scenes. Giant ancient cameras. Tiny TVs. Everyone smoked like chimneys. The first season was rather spotty. Some episodes were intriguing while others were boring. The second season dealt with local corruption and was outstanding.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jacob

"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

aquinas138

What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Jacob

The X-Files was interesting.  David and Gillian have chemistry that cannot be extinguished, even after all these years.  The spin on past events in this new season is interesting.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson