Previous topic - Next topic

zork

24 - Season 9
Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Season 5
The Walking Dead - Season 5
Revenge - Season 4
Twilight Zone - Season 4
Continuum - Season 4
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

piabee

The final season of Downton Abbey.

Quote from: zork on December 07, 2015, 05:24:55 PM
Revenge - Season 4

Almost there!

red solo cup

Page Eight: The Worricker Trilogy. Another excellent show from the BBC.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

zork

Quote from: piabee on December 07, 2015, 06:06:14 PM

Quote from: zork on December 07, 2015, 05:24:55 PM
Revenge - Season 4

Almost there!

Yes! Only 4 episodes left to go at this point. I hope the finale is somewhat satisfying.

Speaking of which, I just finished the final episode of Psych last week. It was good.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Older Salt

Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

aquinas138

What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: aquinas138 on December 20, 2015, 01:56:47 PM
Jessica Jones

I have read bad things about that one. Mostly about the type of content featured.

aquinas138

Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on December 21, 2015, 08:09:37 AM
Jessica Jones

I have read bad things about that one. Mostly about the type of content featured.

I can understand how some would not like it or would object to some of the content. Certainly if someone doesn't like the "morally ambiguous protagonist," it could be a problem.
What shall we call you, O full of grace? * Heaven? for you have shone forth the Sun of Righteousness. * Paradise? for you have brought forth the Flower of immortality. * Virgin? for you have remained incorrupt. * Pure Mother? for you have held in your holy embrace your Son, the God of all. * Entreat Him to save our souls.

Clare

Random episodes of Dad's Army on dvd.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: aquinas138 on December 21, 2015, 08:18:48 AM
Jessica Jones

I can understand how some would not like it or would object to some of the content. Certainly if someone doesn't like the "morally ambiguous protagonist," it could be a problem.

I was thinking more about the homosexual characters, the abortion part, the explicit scenes, etc.  Not only the morally ambiguous character.

Jayne

Jessica Jones

I watched the first episode because I tend to like comic book based shows.  I could not go on.  I was bothered by the content and also found the overall tone way too dark.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.