TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryslittlegarden

Rocky and Bullwinkle.  Decided it's time for some Saturday morning cartoons.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

dymphna17

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on February 20, 2015, 08:30:38 PM

:thumbsup:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on February 20, 2015, 08:30:38 PM
well it is officially Saturday morning
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

LausTibiChriste

Series 22 of Top Gear....hilarious so far
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Baldrick

Don't have a  television; but I do watch movies - am a Jacques Tati fan, and am now re-watching him.  Watched Mon Oncle last night; and shall watch Jour de Fête tonight.  He's just extraordinary.   8)

maryslittlegarden

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on February 26, 2015, 04:13:17 PM
Edwardian Farm

I LOVE these series! I've watched all of them on youtube. I wanted to go back and watch Victorian Farm again, but it was taken down the last time I looked. I also love The Victorian Kitchen Garden and The Wartime Kitchen Garden, and any of Lucy Worsley's series. Britain has the best social history shows!

I'll probably watch Kiki's Delivery Service (subtitled) tonight.
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

I just started watching The Borgias series on Netflix. I'm expecting it to be anti-Catholic, but it's a historical drama which I like so I'll try not to get too jaded while watching it

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

LoneWolfRadTrad

Anyone else watching Better Call Saul?

Rose

Quote from: Bernadette on February 26, 2015, 05:05:51 PM
Edwardian Farm

I LOVE these series! I've watched all of them on youtube. I wanted to go back and watch Victorian Farm again, but it was taken down the last time I looked. I also love The Victorian Kitchen Garden and The Wartime Kitchen Garden, and any of Lucy Worsley's series. Britain has the best social history shows!

Did you see Tales From The Green Valley? That was excellent.

Kiki is a cute movie  :)
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Rose on February 27, 2015, 12:09:46 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on February 26, 2015, 05:05:51 PM
Edwardian Farm

Kiki is a cute movie  :)

Those are all on my watch list.  I looooovee them. Edwardian Farm House is excellent. 

Bernadette

Quote from: Rose on February 27, 2015, 12:09:46 PM

Yes. I actually went back and watched them in order of the time period.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on February 26, 2015, 08:37:13 PM

I was thinking about it - how is it?

In other news, season 3 of House of Cards came out today....#nosleep

- MaximGun

LoneWolfRadTrad

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 27, 2015, 06:01:07 PM
Quote from: LoneWolfRadTrad on February 26, 2015, 08:37:13 PM

I was thinking about it - how is it?

In other news, season 3 of House of Cards came out today....#nosleep

So far, not dark like Breaking Bad.  Except for a leg breaking thing, but it's not very graphic.

Non Nobis

Any recommendations on Netflix?
(ASAP.  I cancelled it as I'm giving it up for Lent, but I can watch on Sunday before it expires.)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!