TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

The  :trainwreck: that is the Bachelor.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LoneWolfRadTrad

Trying to get caught up on It's Always Sunny.  I have a dark sense of humor...

Arun

been watching a little of that brooklyn nine-nine. the captain holt character is a black homo, which i wasn't impressed by, but his gayness is not really put in your face like in other shows and he is shown more as a regular character who just happens to be gay which is possibly the best you can hope for in today;s world. usually when his gayness is referred to it is in context of him coming up through the ranks as a "gay, black policeman" in the 80s which i'm not sure if its meant that way but comes across to me as a subtle joke about token minority placement in television... could be wrong on that though.

mike tyson mysteries, best show out at the moment. really brilliant stuff.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Johnny Midnight

Quote from: Arun on January 20, 2015, 03:08:22 PM

i looked it up on youtubes cuz i never heard of it. it looks sorta like scooby doo with eff words. lol
"We are all the walking wounded in a world that is a war zone.  Everything we love will be taken from us, everything, last of all life itself."

dymphna17

Quote from: Johnny Midnight on January 21, 2015, 10:06:12 AM
Quote from: Arun on January 20, 2015, 03:08:22 PM

i looked it up on youtubes cuz i never heard of it. it looks sorta like scooby doo with eff words. lol

Tyson is hard to follow irl, so I would think a cartoon would actually do him justice.  Make him a little more human and all.   :ack:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

He's hilarious in that show

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Crapatalk 2

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Bernadette

The Biggest Loser (hulu). Trying to motivate myself to keep going at the gym.  :P
My Lord and my God.

zork

Twilight Zone Season 3
Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 4
Downton Abbey Season 5

On the back burner:
Twin Peaks Season 2
Revenge Season 2
Psych Season 6
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Maximilian

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4544/Pinocchio/

Korean Drama "Pinocchio"

It's all about telling the truth versus lying, and their unforseen consequences.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

piabee

Quote from: zork on January 25, 2015, 10:07:59 PM
On the back burner:

Revenge Season 2

You might as well give up now while you're ahead.

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: Maximilian on January 25, 2015, 11:17:16 PM

Korean Drama "Pinocchio"

It's all about telling the truth versus lying, and their unforseen consequences.

Thanks for posting about that series.

I've seen some episodes of various k-dramas and overall these seem better than other soap operas and live action series from other sites.

Maximilian

Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on January 26, 2015, 06:45:15 PM

Korean Drama "Pinocchio"

I've seen some episodes of various k-dramas and overall these seem better than other soap operas and live action series from other sites.

Yes, we have watched several Korean drama series, and have been pleasantly impressed with:

1. The lack of bad things like immodesty, bad language, etc.
2. The presence of good things like moving dramatizations of virtues such as love, loyalty, sacrifice, submission to a higher cause, etc.

And in the case of Pinocchio, the importance of telling the truth and the unforeseen consequences of telling lies.

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: Maximilian on January 26, 2015, 06:52:47 PM
Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on January 26, 2015, 06:45:15 PM

Korean Drama "Pinocchio"

Yes, we have watched several Korean drama series, and have been pleasantly impressed with:

1. The lack of bad things like immodesty, bad language, etc.
2. The presence of good things like moving dramatizations of virtues such as love, loyalty, sacrifice, submission to a higher cause, etc.

And in the case of Pinocchio, the importance of telling the truth and the unforeseen consequences of telling lies.

That's good!

Which ones have you watched?