TV You're Watching

Started by piabee, August 02, 2013, 01:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

piabee

The pacing of Arrow Season 2 is uneven but some fun stuff happens.

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: Jayne on July 24, 2014, 10:31:48 AM
Quote from: totiusque on July 19, 2014, 10:02:00 PM
Quote from: Jayne on July 19, 2014, 09:50:36 AM
I tried Arrow again, based on your recommendation, and I really like it.  I think I missed the first couple of episodes when I tired it before so I did not get into it.  But this time  I started right at the beginning.

Agents of Shield greatly improved in the episodes that aired after Winter Soldier.

Funny, that's about when I stopped watching Agents of Shield.  Perhaps I should give it another try.  I just didn't really care about any of the characters except Coulson.

I prefer Arrow because of how they integrate his backstory on the island into the current plot.  I could do without all the romantic triangle garbage, but I guess it could be worse considering it's the WB.

Now that I am into second season, I find that the sexual immorality of the characters is bothering me more and more.  The protagonist has had sex with 4 different women over 2 years and this is not portrayed as a bad thing.  It is taken for granted as normal behaviour.  Also some lesbian relationships are introduced and all the good guys are completely fine with it.  Just knowing how this sort of subtext erodes people's understanding of right and wrong really interferes with my ability to enjoy the elements of the show that I would otherwise like.

A question not only for you, but for everyone. What you do when you find these contents in a show or movie?

Jayne

Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on July 24, 2014, 04:43:10 PM
A question not only for you, but for everyone. What you do when you find these contents in a show or movie?

I have started another thread for this question.  I hope you don't mind. http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=7926.0
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: Jayne on July 24, 2014, 05:46:54 PM
Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on July 24, 2014, 04:43:10 PM

I have started another thread for this question.  I hope you don't mind. http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=7926.0

Thanks!

totiusque

Quote from: Jayne on July 24, 2014, 10:31:48 AM
Now that I am into second season, I find that the sexual immorality of the characters is bothering me more and more.  The protagonist has had sex with 4 different women over 2 years and this is not portrayed as a bad thing.  It is taken for granted as normal behaviour.  Also some lesbian relationships are introduced and all the good guys are completely fine with it.  Just knowing how this sort of subtext erodes people's understanding of right and wrong really interferes with my ability to enjoy the elements of the show that I would otherwise like.

Well, this is troubling.  I'm almost finished with Season 1 and am loving the show, but if this is the direction the show is taking, then I may end up giving up on it.  White Collar did the same thing, and I stopped watching that one as well. 

I think this is the norm with mainstream shows nowadays.  Start a show with excellent characters and plot development, and once you've hooked the audience, start throwing in the homosexual garbage.  Most of the audience is too addicted to care, and you end up winning an Emmy because of it.
"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
β€”St John of the Cross

Archer

Totiusque, I replied to your post in Jayne's linked thread.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

angelcookie

So far we are watching Seinfield, Peppa Pig, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and I like to watch some of those shoes like Selling Alaska to see the beautiful area or my husband and I like Mountain Men to see what life would be like there.

voxxpopulisuxx

Fargo..the Tv Series..season one Amazon prime...very very well done.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "β€” Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Archer

Just finished rewatching Season 5 of 24.  I forgot how packed with action this season was.  I also liked it because it didn't have any of the distracting side stories they normally include.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

zork

Quote from: Archer on July 26, 2014, 08:05:49 AM
Just finished rewatching Season 5 of 24.  I forgot how packed with action this season was.  I also liked it because it didn't have any of the distracting side stories they normally include.

Season 6 was such a letdown after the greatness of Season 5, though. It was larded with side stories and had too many 'WTF' moments. Season 7 was an improvement, thankfully.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Archer

Quote from: zork on July 26, 2014, 11:17:27 AM
Quote from: Archer on July 26, 2014, 08:05:49 AM

Season 6 was such a letdown after the greatness of Season 5, though. It was larded with side stories and had too many 'WTF' moments. Season 7 was an improvement, thankfully.

I just started season 6 and already want to beat my head against a wall every time Wayne's sister opens her mouth.  I'm not sure if I'll end up finishing it since I'll have less time now anyway.

Chestertonian

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on July 25, 2014, 07:00:30 PM
Fargo..the Tv Series..season one Amazon prime...very very well done.
Fargo as in the coen bros movie
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

piabee

Project Runway is back!!!

Older Salt

Season 4 of "The Rockford Files".
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Aquila

An occasional episode of 30 Rock, and 24.
Extra SSPX Nulla Salus.
Dogmatic Sedeplenist.