1% Colorado =.0001% USA

Started by Heinrich, June 12, 2017, 05:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

It is that time of year again and I'll be on the road next week. I will take off from Colorado Springs and head west. First stop will be the Four Corners and then a backtrack to spend the night in Telluride, which has become a hotbed of celebrity housing. The next day I would like to tour some vineyards in the Grand Junction area, and then go to the hot springs in Glenwood Springs where I also hope to look up an old chum from high school. Then to Aspen. I would like to walk around and just sniff out what it is like to see how the average person's outfit for the day costs more than I make in a year. I also plan to hit Vail. Granted, I have been in super chic areas of Berlin, Munich, New York and New Hampshire/Maine(Portsmouth environs), but these areas are much more condensed. Will I draw attention to myself in my Nike sport shorts and "how much ya bench?" tee shirt with worn hiking boots and a Casio watch? And I'll be using a walking stick(surgery, yo).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how one goes about conducting himself among the 1% of the 1%? What kinda shock am I in for? I am packing a cooler, sleeping in my Nissan Rogue, and will tote a 12 pound, nine year old miniature pinscher as my accessory piece. Greg, will they call security on me?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

You'll be fine. Stop by the Catholic Church in Aspen. Very beautiful.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Heinrich

Quote from: Gardener on June 12, 2017, 06:22:15 PM
You'll be fine. Stop by the Catholic Church in Aspen. Very beautiful.

Ah! Will do. I don't plan on causing any types of disorder and was being a bit hyperbolic. I just want to know what others may have experienced in similar environs. I sure hope my dog doesn't bite anyone. He is a German breed.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

dymphna17

If you don't mind being 'sniffed' at, heads turned so as not to meet your gaze, or doors locked when you reach to open them, you should be just fine.  At least that's what I encountered on both Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and in Vail.  The Min-Pin will take care of anyone who stares.   :lol:  Love those dogs!  Should you run into trouble in Grand Junction, Fruita, or Rifle, let me know.  I've got all kinds of family in those cities, and they would be more than happy to help.  No Catholics, just serious Prots, but happy to help just the same.   Be safe oh lifting friend!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

red solo cup

Let a red Trump hat do the talking for you.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Greg

1% of 1% is 0.01 % not 0.0001%

If you park outside of the town center I would think you'd be OK.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

clau clau

Quote from: Greg on June 20, 2017, 01:57:43 PM
1% of 1% is 0.01 % not 0.0001%

If you park outside of the town center I would think you'd be OK.

I think what he meant to say is 1% of 1% = 0.0001 which is does (assuming 100%=1) BUT you are correct it does NOT equal 0.0001%.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Greg

Who knows nowadays?  With all of the nutty reaction to "terror" perhaps sleeping in your car ain't a good idea.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Quote from: Greg on June 20, 2017, 02:34:18 PM
Who knows nowadays?  With all of the nutty reaction to "terror" perhaps sleeping in your car ain't a good idea.

Crap.

ABlaine

I mean there isn't really a 'rich' people look. The Aspen types generally all pretend that they're outdoorsy ski bums anyway.

I live in a really rich area but spend about 5 euros per day... Unless you look really bad or act super boorish how would anyone know you're not one of hte tribe?

Heinrich

Quote from: ABlaine on June 20, 2017, 04:27:16 PM
I mean there isn't really a 'rich' people look. The Aspen types generally all pretend that they're outdoorsy ski bums anyway.

I live in a really rich area but spend about 5 euros per day... Unless you look really bad or act super boorish how would anyone know you're not one of hte tribe?

Gardener can vouch that I am the furthest image of one of a "tribal" appearance. 

Greg

They'll probably welcome the diversity you bring.

Gardener

Heinrich and Gardener trying to fit in, in Aspen:

Height:

Deciding to take the scenic route, rather than interstate:

Gardener trades the vehicle for a lawnmower engine powered scooter; Heinrich approves:

INPEFESS appears out of nowhere:

The impetus to move away from the People's Republic of Colorado grows stronger:

Heinrich and Gardener demonstrate the problem of a 24/7 fiat money printing operation to the financial folks, referencing James03's book:

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Lydia Purpuraria

:lol:  I love that movie.

Greg

I once drove to Glenwood Springs from St. Mary's Kansas and I can remember seeing the Rockies in the distance and a clear flat prairie between my car and the distant peaks.  I thought, I'll be in the foothills in 30 mins driving at highway speeds.  It took more than 2 hours to reach them and then hours and hours to drive through to the other side.