Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Midnight

Quote from: Arun on November 24, 2014, 08:46:19 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on November 24, 2014, 08:43:50 PM
Quote from: Arun on November 24, 2014, 08:42:24 PM
i would suggest if you are under 18 to avoid it though. alcohol too.

I'm all for under age drinking at home. Builds proper respect for alcohol and the virtue of temperance.

a few glasses at the dinner table, yes. a young man at boarding school, yeah i'm inclined to think maybe not so much lol.

Johnny boy; focus on your studies lad. if you screw it up, you'll find yourself in ten years time winding up just... like... ME!! *dramatic music*

sounds like you have a pretty boss gig. wife, kids, summer weather.  sweet, cept i dont really care for kids. maybe if they were my own id feel diff. wife and summer would be tots awesome tho.
"We are all the walking wounded in a world that is a war zone.  Everything we love will be taken from us, everything, last of all life itself."

Arun

yeah i got a lot of good things going on for me bro. lot of struggles too, but we all have those. :)

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

maryslittlegarden

Watching Independence Day... .
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Kaesekopf

Excellent movie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Pheo

You Wisconsinites and your cheese...
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

AngloFalcon

Watched Mockingjay Part 1 and Paddington. Yes, you read the last one correctly. Out of charity you would probably excuse me by suggesting it was in a moment of madness on a particularly immature day...but I went twice.  :P I regret nothing...

Archer

The Giver. At best a B rated movie.  It had some pro-life undertones, but also had a plot full of holes, a pathetic climax and an abrupt ending with little resolution.  Also, When speaking of love, feeling, and true emotion the movie whiffed badly.  Very new age/love of man type of stuff. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Chestertonian

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

TPC

Metropolis.  Has occult overtones.

Bernadette

Quote from: AngloFalcon on December 14, 2014, 04:22:12 AM

I want to see this one.  ;D

I saw It's a Wonderful Life the other night on TV. I have a strange love/hate relationship with that movie. George Bailey just never gets any breaks, and working at the loan company is presented as the only good, upstanding, worthwhile thing that he can do with his life. I understand that this is necessary to move the plot forward, but it always bothers me.

My Lord and my God.

Johnny Midnight

watched the avengers.  felt like i came in right in the middle of a story that i knew nothing about and didnt really care to.  i dislike comic book movies anyways cuz they seem pretentious.  they r live action cartoons, get over yourself.

it was ok i suppose, tho how the guy in the robot suit qualifies as a superhero ill never know. or the guy with the arrows? or the girl whose only function was to show off her breasts? is that a super power?  lolwut?  sorry but it was dumb but i was watching it in an uncomfortable environment that made me grumpy so that didnt help.
"We are all the walking wounded in a world that is a war zone.  Everything we love will be taken from us, everything, last of all life itself."

Gerard

Quote from: Johnny Midnight on December 18, 2014, 09:04:59 PM
watched the avengers.  felt like i came in right in the middle of a story that i knew nothing about and didnt really care to. 

You did come right into the middle of story that you knew nothing about.  If you hadn't seen Iron Man, Iron Man 2, the Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America: the First Avenger, you missed most of the story. 

Quotei dislike comic book movies anyways cuz they seem pretentious.  they r live action cartoons, get over yourself.

I'm the same way with comedies that try to be funny.  If they aren't what I want them to be at that moment, they have no right to exist. 

Quoteit was ok i suppose, tho how the guy in the robot suit qualifies as a superhero ill never know.

The same way Batman or Green Lantern does. Or Perseus from the Greek myths, he gets some tech that enables him to do things he wouldn't normally be able to do. 

Quoteor the guy with the arrows?

Marksman, kind of like Robin Hood. 

Quoteor the girl whose only function was to show off her breasts?

She didn't really do that in that movie, nor in Iron Man 2.  She's a spy, her opening scene sort of demonstrates that when she escapes torture in a James Bond kind of way. 

Quoteis that a super power?  lolwut?

With Scarlett Johanson that's possible.  Another reviewer thought her thighs were the star of the movie.  More a reflection of the reviewers than her character or performance. 

Quotesorry but it was dumb but i was watching it in an uncomfortable environment that made me grumpy so that didnt help.

It wasn't dumb.  It was fun.  It didn't pretend to be profound, it tried to translate the character of the classic Marvel comics which are by the way better morality plays than most of what Hollywood or mass produced literature presents. 

The Avengers is about disparate people of unequal ability working together for a common goal.  (a noble one, protecting and defending the defenseless) 

The first three Spiderman films are actually very interesting in their themes. 

The first one demonstrates that power and responsibility go hand in hand. 

The second is about personal sacrifice for the greater good. 

And the third is about corruption and failure and contrition and forgiveness.   (How many times has the villain in a movie who killed the loved one of the hero said, "I'm sorry." and gotten the reply, "I forgive you."? Most of the time the villain is inevitably killed. ) 

Johnny Midnight

i saw the incredible hulk starring the guy that was in fight club. i really really wish i had never seen fight club cuz some things you cant get out of your skull thats why i try to be careful about what i watch. i dont remember anything about the hulk movie tho so i might as well have skipped it.

yes it was dumb.  looks and boobs still arent a superpower no matter how stupid they make guys act. im not saying it wasnt fun, it was a nice distraction for two hours. but golly, they almsot destroyed a flying aircraft carrier with an exploding arrow.  my disbelief can only be suspended for so long. prob is i have trouble getting into most movies that rely heavily on cgi cuz most cgi looks uber fake to me.

i understand everything you say about nobility and protecting the innocent.  im not saying its a wicked movie. something like the ring is wicked. watched it with a group of my buddies a few years ago when i was a lot stupider. worst mistake of my life,  tots freaked me out. that thing reeks of the satanic.  avengers wasnt filthy and vile like that, but imo, still pretty silly.

Kaesekopf

What person goes into a comic book movie expecting serious artistic movie making?

Its for entertainment.

Gerard. Great response with regards to the marvel franchise.  Good food for thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.