Previous topic - Next topic

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Maximilian on August 17, 2014, 07:37:44 PM
Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on August 16, 2014, 12:48:58 PM
Quote from: Maximilian on August 16, 2014, 12:35:09 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIh2xe4jnpk[/yt]

Warning: small amount of immodesty.
Here is just the music without the video:

AHHH! My husband had me listen to this song. I would like it, other than the storyline. I'm glad he asked her father for his blessing, but then he went ahead and married her anyway without it. Trouble, trouble, trouble.

edited to add: I'm sorry to jump on the song you posted. I thought it was funny (ironic?) that you posted it because my husband and I were just talking about this song not too long ago.

The storyline is the great part. He didn't actually "marry her anyway," he only fantasizes about marrying her anyway after they run away to another galaxy. The girl is the problematic element in the video, which isn't really present in the song itself, but even in the video they don't actually get married, after the father turns him down 3 times.

This is like a pop song specifically designed for traditional Catholics (or Orthodox Jews). The lead singer is a Canadian of Palestinian descent.

:lol:  Clearly I'm going to need to listen again. I didn't capture that at all the couple of times I listened to it; so, I'll admit it, that went over my head. I need to look up the lyrics, darnit! (Although I did notice the video alluded to the daughter being a bit problematic).

Chestertonian

That bassline!  that reggae beat!  it's appealing to my lower appetites!
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 17, 2014, 08:39:51 PM

That bassline!  that reggae beat!  it's appealing to my lower appetites!

Yes, Chestertonian, and this may explain why the storyline went over my head. lol.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Roland Deschain2

"To our personal enemies, according to Christ's commandment, we must forgive everything; but with the enemies of God we cannot have peace!"- Archbishop Averky

"Life is a play in which for a short time one man represents a judge, another a general, and so on; after the play no further account is made of the dignity which each one had."- St John Chrysostom

piabee

Mono no aware

They're from New Jersey.  "BOO-YOW!"

Sbyvl36

Quote from: Pon de Replay on August 22, 2014, 08:40:37 AM

New Jersey.  That cheap imitation of NY across the river.  :bronx:
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Mono no aware

Quote from: Sbyvl36 on August 22, 2014, 09:06:48 PM

New Jersey.  That cheap imitation of NY across the river.

No, New York is popular and likeable.  Everybody wants to see New York.  That's what makes it cheap.  It's superficial; it's a "cool kid."  New Jersey is the fat stinky greasy kid with bad breath and no date for the prom.  It builds character.

Mono no aware

New Jersey is actually a lot like that music video I posted.  New Jersey has a bizarre kind of appeal.  Like halfway through the video when that beautiful girl takes off her shoes and pads barefoot onto the floor and just breaks out into a spaz of wild interpretive dance moves and the band keeps playing nonchalantly as if she isn't even there, like a ghost, and then a flurry of feathers start falling from the ceiling and the lamps go red; there's a kind of elusive and bizarre profundity to it.  A weird artistry.  That's New Jersey, but those who are not from New Jersey can never understand.  Everyone will say, "you're fat and stinky with bad breath and no date for the prom," but the reply is: "you fail.  Failure on you.  It's interpretive dance."  Like Nataraja, the Hindu god who is said to be dancing the universe.  New Jersey is the cosmic dancer.

Sbyvl36

Quote from: Pon de Replay on August 22, 2014, 09:24:43 PM

New Jersey.  That cheap imitation of NY across the river.

No, New York is popular and likeable.  Everybody wants to see New York.  That's what makes it cheap.  It's superficial; it's a "cool kid."  New Jersey is the fat stinky greasy kid with bad breath and no date for the prom.  It builds character.

High demand means that the price is higher.  That is why New Jersey is a cheap imitation. ;)
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Roland Deschain2

New Jersey.  That cheap imitation of NY across the river.  :bronx:

Is that why all you New Yawkers have been moving over since the 1980's and making our roads less safe since youze don't know how to drive; not to mention turning our beaches into greaseball central every Summer?

:censor:
"To our personal enemies, according to Christ's commandment, we must forgive everything; but with the enemies of God we cannot have peace!"- Archbishop Averky

"Life is a play in which for a short time one man represents a judge, another a general, and so on; after the play no further account is made of the dignity which each one had."- St John Chrysostom

Roland Deschain2

Quote from: Pon de Replay on August 22, 2014, 09:45:26 PM
New Jersey is actually a lot like that music video I posted.  New Jersey has a bizarre kind of appeal.  Like halfway through the video when that beautiful girl takes off her shoes and pads barefoot onto the floor and just breaks out into a spaz of wild interpretive dance moves and the band keeps playing nonchalantly as if she isn't even there, like a ghost, and then a flurry of feathers start falling from the ceiling and the lamps go red; there's a kind of elusive and bizarre profundity to it.  A weird artistry.  That's New Jersey, but those who are not from New Jersey can never understand.  Everyone will say, "you're fat and stinky with bad breath and no date for the prom," but the reply is: "you fail.  Failure on you.  It's interpretive dance."  Like Nataraja, the Hindu god who is said to be dancing the universe.  New Jersey is the cosmic dancer.

"New Jersey, don't worry....we hate you too."

Mono no aware

Quote from: Sbyvl36 on August 23, 2014, 07:57:27 AMHigh demand means that the price is higher.  That is why New Jersey is a cheap imitation.

You've hit the nail on the head, but you seem not to comprehend the problem.  New York is indeed in high demand.  It's hip.  It's trendy.  New York has it all.  New York is the blond quarterback with the pretty cheerleader on his arm.  New Jersey is the runty kid in the black trenchcoat with the sides of his head shaved listening to the Dead Kennedys on his Walkman.  There's no "imitation" going on here.  Only an appreciable difference.  Everybody likes New York.  Nobody likes New Jersey.  We're okay with that.  We're past caring.  Plus, Roland is right.  You're horrible drivers.  Your driving skills are almost as bad as Pennsylvania's.  Stay off our roads.