Sexual Fraud

Started by Innocent Smith, September 24, 2019, 07:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocent Smith

What right do lawyers have to sue dioceses or archdioceses over the sexual crimes of priests? Aren't the so-called victims who did not come forward as responsible as bishops were in reassigning those priests to new parishes and new pastures in which to practice their craft?

Are the courts admitting as a matter of public record that the Church is a Divine Institution and therefore should be held to a higher standard?

I think the last victim on record should be compensated the most. And he should also be able to sue every other victim before him who did not come forward because they too are guilty of what happened to him by not reporting it. This goes for every so-called victim on a sliding scale.

If you are too stupid, or too weak, to handle reporting a priest violating you than you may actually deserve it. Unless you are deaf, dumb, and blind. Are there any cases like that? Or perhaps if you are an actual retard.

I'm starting to think that since the courts seem to be acknowledging that the Church is a Divine Institution that we should be able to sue these perverts for giving us bad catechesis and causing so many to leave the Faith. They are literally responsible for sending these people to Hell.

Now that's a fate that is far worse than being corn holed by a priest. Isn't it?

I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Bernadette

Quote from: Innocent Smith on September 24, 2019, 07:24:25 AM
If you are too stupid, or too weak, to handle reporting a priest violating you than you may actually deserve it. Unless you are deaf, dumb, and blind. Are there any cases like that? Or perhaps if you are an actual retard.

This is depraved.
My Lord and my God.

orate

Quote from: Innocent Smith on September 24, 2019, 07:24:25 AM
What right do lawyers have to sue dioceses or archdioceses over the sexual crimes of priests? Aren't the so-called victims who did not come forward as responsible as bishops were in reassigning those priests to new parishes and new pastures in which to practice their craft?

Are the courts admitting as a matter of public record that the Church is a Divine Institution and therefore should be held to a higher standard?

I think the last victim on record should be compensated the most. And he should also be able to sue every other victim before him who did not come forward because they too are guilty of what happened to him by not reporting it. This goes for every so-called victim on a sliding scale.

I'm starting to think that since the courts seem to be acknowledging that the Church is a Divine Institution that we should be able to sue these perverts for giving us bad catechesis and causing so many to leave the Faith. They are literally responsible for sending these people to Hell.

Now that's a fate that is far worse than being corn holed by a priest. Isn't it?

I think that the bolded parts of your quote are beyond the pale.  They are way beyond inappropriate and show an ignorance about the crime of sexual abuse.

So children who are subordinate to the adults who abuse them--priest or otherwise--deserve what they get!?!?   That is utter  B.S.

Beyond my underlined statement, your post is not worthy of a response.

Edited to delete my immature vulgarity
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

dellery

Ugh.
Somebody is having unauthorized thoughts and using insensitive language. Report him!!

The depraved, [and not so] Innocent Smith, will pay dearly for having spoken casually --not policing his language sufficiently enough to avoid offending the righteous mob.

Hopefully he'll lose his job and his family over this.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Gerard

This is an example of when the hyperbole does a disservice to the topic and causes too much of a distraction. 

Setting that aside and getting to the real point of the topic.  There is definitely an automatic and unjust assumption of guilt against far too many priests and there is something particularly troubling about accusations against the dead.

E. Michael Jones pointed it out in one of these interviews how since a D.A. doesn't have enough evidence to legally indict a number of priests, they simply release their names and destroy their lives and reputations outside of the legal system.  They allow them to be tried and convicted in the circus-court of public opinion.   

It also has an air of "me too" mixed "slavery reparations" and "holocaust survivor" all rolled into it. 

Non Nobis

A true victim of abuse shouldn't be accused of being lazy or weak for not reporting it sooner.

But some priests are falsely accused of abuse, whether the accusation is made soon after the supposed abuse or years later.

Both things are true. Justice needs to be shown on both sides.  The "priest is always guilty" seems to be the assumption today; we can't answer that by saying "no, even a true victim is guilty".
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

lauermar

He should have asked Greg to do the OP because he can get away with it.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

MaximGun

vulgarity is no substitute for wit

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Graham

This is a good thread for letting resident morons like Dellery and IS go on record as such

bigbadtrad

I almost wonder how your post resembles anything close to sanity. Instead of looking at the perpetrator the focus is on the victim. It's utterly wicked.

Young people do not know how to process emotions. It's hard enough as an adult, but much harder for a child. To put any blame on them is so evil I don't know how you think like you do.

The majority of abuser priests were abused as children. You confuse the cycle of abuse with weakness, in fact it's diabolic.

Suing the diocese is the best thing that could ever happen for us as well as the victims. 33-50% of all priests identify as homosexual. If the hierarchy won't reform their diocese than the stones shall cry out for what they've done to these poor people.

Instead you put the blame on those abused. You are sick twisted person and I hope for your sake your find some of these victims and instead of blaming them you go out, meet some of them, and try to comfort them. Maybe it might help them and fix your broken wiring towards these poor kids.
"God has proved his love to us by laying down his life for our sakes; we too must be ready to lay down our lives for the sake of our brethren." 1 John 3:16

Miriam_M

Quote from: bigbadtrad on November 27, 2019, 02:20:34 PM
Young people do not know how to process emotions.

They also don't know how to say No to their priest.

During the worst eras of sexual abuse in the church in the twentieth century, Catholics were taught to have a special regard for the priesthood, as it was an extension of the priesthood of Jesus Christ, and the priest himself operated in persona Christi

Level One:
obedience to one's natural father and secular adult authority figures (teachers, etc.)

Level Two:
obedience to Catholic priests, especially the priest assigned to your parish, since this priest had spiritual authority over you.

Leve Three:
obedience to God Himself

I have internalized this three-part hierarchy since early childhood.  As a grown woman who is myself a parent, I have never stopped internalizing it.  When my priest issues an order to me, it has much more powerful and personal impact than when my boss or a governmental entity issues a command.

Both on the moral and legal level, grave and high injustices were done to powerless victims who were in no position to "report" on these authority figures when they were minors themselves.  Then add to that the spiritual and psychological evils that resulted from such acts -- with thousands of victims losing their faith and having their personal relationships affected as adults.

The only way to weed out the perpetrators is mercilessly and quickly.  This is the way, for example, that some trad apostolates do it:  if there is one credible report, it will be investigated and if verified, the priest or seminarian involved will be summarily expelled. 

The soft Church has become an ill church, driven by emotion and permissiveness.  This is why you see the high percentages of homos BBT referred to.  A soft institution that permits perversion appeals to those who are effeminate -- not just in the sexual sense but in the sense of being guided by emotion and characterized by weakness. 

The effective priesthood is not a place for weak minds, souls, hearts, or bodies.  It is tough being a priest -- a good one.  You cannot be wallowing in your own emotional needs and dependencies on others.  So although I agree with  BBT on the importance of weeding out, one equally important way of weeding out is a return to a rigorous Church and a rigorous priesthood -- the kind of Church and priesthood that appeals to real men and not effeminate men.  NewChurch still appeals to many effeminate men.