Do we make it a decade!?

Started by Kaesekopf, November 29, 2022, 10:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

Happy Anniversary SD !

Beer and hot dogs for everybody !
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Greg

The day after you close this forum down the Chastisement will happen.

And nobody will be able to post about it.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Greg on December 27, 2022, 04:18:59 PM
The day after you close this forum down the Chastisement will happen.

And nobody will be able to post about it.
We will have to buy the book!!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Jmartyr

Some people said no, what kill-joys.
"If anyone is excommunicated it is not I, but the excommunicators." - Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre
" A false church cannot have a true mission." - St. Francis De Sales
" The way is open for us to deprive councils of their authority, contradict their acts freely, and profess confidently, whatever SEEMS to be true. " - Martin Luther

Julio

I will say it again, this is the only community where I can express honestly my Catholic perspective. How can anyone say words like the Saracens are the enemies in the public that consider them as hate speech? Also, my actual friends are not the same as the people here that I call virtual friends that think about the real Catholic principles. We have disagreements around, but the general consensus is there is only one religion that Jesus made and it is only in the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church for the rest are fake. That truth is divisive in the eyes of the demonic.

We need a place like this for likeminded people who think this way. God bless all of us and thank you, Kaesekopf.

Heinrich

Quote from: Julio on December 28, 2022, 01:57:03 PM
I will say it again, this is the only community where I can express honestly my Catholic perspective. How can anyone say words like the Saracens are the enemies in the public that consider them as hate speech? Also, my actual friends are not the same as the people here that I call virtual friends that think about the real Catholic principles. We have disagreements around, but the general consensus is there is only one religion that Jesus made and it is only in the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church for the rest are fake. That truth is divisive in the eyes of the demonic.

We need a place like this for likeminded people who think this way. God bless all of us and thank you, Kaesekopf.

Come visit me in US. We'll practice our Arnis angles and knife fighting patterns.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Julio

Quote from: Heinrich on December 28, 2022, 04:05:34 PM

Come visit me in US. We'll practice our Arnis angles and knife fighting patterns.
That will be great, brother. If given a chance to travel again, I shall contact you. God bless.

Michael Wilson

Maybe some of the "no's" voted more than once? Any Biden voters here?
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Lynne

Quote from: Michael Wilson on December 28, 2022, 04:40:11 PM

hahaha
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Greg

This forum has lasted longer than Ratzinger's retirement.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Julio

I joined a so called Catholic forum that dismisses my position regarding the truth that the one Holy Catholic Apostolic Church is the only true Church made by Jesus and the rest are all lies. I was so disappointed. Here I find that there is a place where that truth can be spoken.

God bless all. I seek the intercession of Our Lady of Light, St. Joseph and St. Michael that if there is no chance that I cannot see many from you here in real life, then we meet each other in Heaven in the Glory of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Melkor

Hilarious!  :cheeseheadbeer:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor

Quote from: Julio on December 28, 2022, 04:55:42 PM
I joined a so called Catholic forum that dismisses my position regarding the truth that the one Holy Catholic Apostolic Church is the only true Church made by Jesus and the rest are all lies. I was so disappointed. Here I find that there is a place where that truth can be spoken.

God bless all. I seek the intercession of Our Lady of Light, St. Joseph and St. Michael that if there is no chance that I cannot see many from you here in real life, then we meet each other in Heaven in the Glory of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless you too, Julio! The forum is a better place with you posting here. Now we just need to convince Mrs Goldfinch to re-join.  ;D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

The Curt Jester

I never understood the "No" votes on this poll.  If you want the place to shut down, why hang around waiting for a poll to be posted to vote? You'd think people who don't want this place to exist would spend their time elsewhere.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"