Hello All

Started by MilesChristi, December 29, 2012, 12:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilesChristi

Hello all!
How are you?
What brings you to SD? Heard about it on fisheaters and decided id join
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? fisheaters currently
Why did you choose your username and avatar? I've always been drawn to the military imagery used by the Church, like Church militant. We alll must fight the spiritual war and be soldiers for Christ
What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Single
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) New York City area, but in Boston for school
Personality type? ISTJ, apparently
Favorite books? A Tale of Two Cities, history
Favorite movies? Classic Hollywood/ or foreign films, Superhero movies, Action or Fantasy, James Bond
Favorite TV shows? Breaking Bad
Favorite sports/teams? Mets fan, like my father before me
Have any hobbies? Guitar, Piano, Reading, learning, video games
Pet peeves: When people repeat things too much,
Fun random fact about yourself: I speak three/four languages
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Lyubov

??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

tmw89

Welcome to SD, Miles!

Quote from: MilesChristi on December 29, 2012, 12:46:59 AM
Fun random fact about yourself: I speak three/four languages

Very nice!  I'm guessing the fourth one is read-only?
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Gottmitunsalex

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

ServusSpiritusSancti

Welcome, MilesChristi!

God Bless.

Cesar_Augustus

Welcome!

What a good username!