Retiring - for good

Started by Basilios, January 16, 2014, 12:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basilios

For those I have offended, I apologize.
For those I have not offended... thanks for reading!

Basilios is gone. If I come back, at any time, which may or may not happen, it will be for the better, under my real name, not associated with this account, for reasons I have made clear in other threads.

+

edited to add: this is just my PSA. I don't expect goodbyes etc and I don't ask for them, only for prayers!
Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth: and a door round about my lips. Incline not my heart to evil words.

The Harlequin King

Can someone summarize for me what happened?

Bonaventure

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 16, 2014, 12:38:14 PM
Can someone summarize for me what happened?

"And if I am honest, this thread is a lie, since I'm quite happily involved with a nice girl and have been for a while (don't get me wrong though, I have plenty of bitterness leftover too from past experiences :-D ). I guess, then, my problem is a love of gifs, and at worst the desire to gain attention and drama around my internet persona"
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

verbumdomini

Quote from: Basilios on January 16, 2014, 12:30:46 PM
For those I have offended, I apologize.
For those I have not offended... thanks for reading!

Basilios is gone. If I come back, at any time, which may or may not happen, it will be for the better, under my real name, not associated with this account, for reasons I have made clear in other threads.

+

edited to add: this is just my PSA. I don't expect goodbyes etc and I don't ask for them, only for prayers!

I pray for you.
May the Lord be with you and protect you from all negative things and may He guide you on  your spiritual path.
It is our duty to forgive, to give a second, a third, a fourth chance and if that isn't enough even thousand chances.

God bless you.

Mono no aware

Basilios' "brah" routine was incredibly irritating at first, but eventually it became tolerable.  Like that episode of Seinfeld where George uses the "By Mennen" jingle to get into a girl's head.  "Co-stanza!" I was even beginning to like Basilios.  I was going to suggest to him that his "brah" persona was incongruent with his avatar, and that he should get one of those awful "motion avatars" like Spooky or Voxx.  This new avatar, ideally, would've been a burly weightlifter in a 1930s gymnasium leotard, doing squat thrusts up and down repeatedly, and quickly.  Because the phrase "squat thrusts" is funny—as are rapid-motion squat thrusts by a cartoon character.  The weightlifter's leotard could've said WASSUP BRAH? on the front of it, and the weightlifter could've had a goofy "wassup?" grin on his face.  Oh well.  It'll never happen now.

So long, Basilios.  You and I were polar opposites, but you managed to win me over somehow.  Even with your unforgivable hatred of cats, you were all right.  "SRS."

OCLittleFlower

Praying for you.

I never disliked you, and I'm not offended, though I never read the girls thread.  Good luck to you, and I hope you will return in some shape or form.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

MilesChristi

No, come back. I was always entertaine by your posts. SD needs the humor. Without the characters, forums become boring.

Enviado desde mi SCH-I545 mediante Tapatalk

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Sbyvl36

God Bless you.  I'm going to miss reading your posts.
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

zork

So long, brah. It was good having you here. The threads you started were fun to read, as well as a welcome respite from some of the stuffier threads and posters here, SRS.
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

ResRev

Don't leave! I like your persona. I never thought it was real or was irritated by it. It reminded me of my favorite cartoon character (is that bad?)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNaV3p4akE&sns=em[/yt]
"You shall seek me, and shall find me: when you shall seek me with all your heart." Jeremias 29:13

Greg

If you marry Laura then send us pictures of your Troll wedding.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Cesar_Augustus

God Bless you.

Your posts were entertaining to read.

RedCaves

I thank you for giving me encouragement last summer.

Best of luck in every aspect of your life.

Perhaps we'll virtually meet again in a different place and different time.

:)

*salutes*

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: Greg on January 16, 2014, 06:48:14 PM
If you marry Laura then send us pictures of your Troll wedding.
LOL...love it...cryptic but spot on!

Basillios WT# is this all about? Are you saying you are some kind of fake? That everything you wrote and discuss was a lie...that your just another snopes case. Seriously I dont know what the hell your trying to say.
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.