Normandt' Catholic Meditations

Started by Normandt, September 20, 2020, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normandt

139. God is here, let's trust!

Sometimes, to come back to God, we think we have to cry out, because suffering holds us and doesn't let us go. But we don't have to scream.

Shouting is a sign that we have gone too far. We have moved away from God. God is here, let's trust! God chases us with his Love! And his arrows are joy, peace, hope, mercy, life, love, etc.

We cry because we don't want to live in the negation that keeps us away from God. We shout because we forgot that God is always with us. Within the walls we have created for ourselves, we believe that God is no longer there.

We locked ourselves in and closed the windows. After our cry, the storm will calm down, the dust will fall and we will have no reason to cry if we turn our heart to God.

It's a good reflex to turn to him. Shouting is not a fault, but it's not the end result.

The new American Bible, 2011-2014
Book: ... for Love, Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.

Normandt

140. Peace promised by Jesus

This sentence reminds us that God is here:
"He will be gracious to you when you cry out, as soon as he hears he will answer you." Isaiah, chapter 30, verse 19b

God answers us as soon as we cry. This is the sign that he is close. When we have enough, when we stop wanting to do everything alone, when pride accepts the transition to simplicity, peace and joy, when we are saturated with being exploited with injustices, it's no longer necessary to cry out to the Lord.

We then cry for joy since we have turned away from our closures or the injustices we suffered. We turn to God. We shout for joy, because we understand the difference between the harm others are doing to us (or ourselves) and the pure, just, true, and righteous Love of God. We open ourselves again to grace, to the Love of God. Our heart becomes interested to being in his presence.

We read in the Gospel:
"Jesus went around to all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and curing every disease and illness." Matthew, chapter 9, verse 35

May we trust, Jesus has not ceased to travel endlessly to our heart. May we trust, open our hearts to salvation, to peace promised by Jesus. Jesus, I trust in you!

Jesus is already there, simply, without noise. We can talk to him before we scream. He invites us again to open our hearts wide, for God to live in it and to work with us.

The new American Bible, 2011-2014
Book: ... for Love, Normand Thomas
God says : I Love you
___

Thank you Lord for Loving me
and thanks for your Love
passing through me
into others hearts.