Hello

Started by Call me Horse, September 02, 2018, 11:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Horse

Hi. I am pleased to be added to the forum after a bit of messing about. Sadly, I am a computer troglodyte  so if anything goes wrong I tend to want to wack the thing. I live in the antipodes.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Michael Wilson

I hope you enjoy the forum and will join in some of the many interesting discussions that go on here. Welcome!
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Michael Wilson

Here is Horse' post from another thread:
What brings you to SD? Traditional Catholic .....nice to meet like minded souls.
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  No ....I was a long time token Catholic on the Baptist Board of America, but no longer.
Why did you choose your username and avatar?  The first thing to pop into my head
What is your state of life - single
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? New Zealand
Personality type? Melancholic
Favorite books? Too hard to define at present
Favorite movies? I have been a Tolkien fan since my youth so the Peter Jackson films are mine.  Also currently love Valerian the the Planet of a thousand cities
Favorite TV shows? yawn
Favorite sports/teams yawn
Have any hobbies? huge devotee of all things needle and thread, reading and book collecting
Pet peeves: folk leaving doors open when they were shut
Fun random fact about yourself: have sworn off sugar

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Michael Wilson

Love Tolkien also; I only wish that he had been able to finish his whole history of Middle Earth.

Jacob

Welcome.

Quote from: Michael Wilson on September 03, 2018, 07:20:55 AM
Love Tolkien also; I only wish that he had been able to finish his whole history of Middle Earth.

What Tolkien needed was space and a secretary or two to organize his stuff so he could get at his notes.  Even with all that though, I doubt he could have brought the entire saga to a conclusion.  He was more interested in creating than finishing. :)
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

PerEvangelicaDicta

They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Kaesekopf

Welcome!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Christe Eleison

Quote from: Michael Wilson on September 03, 2018, 07:19:36 AM
Here is Horse' post from another thread:
What brings you to SD? Traditional Catholic .....nice to meet like minded souls.
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  No ....I was a long time token Catholic on the Baptist Board of America, but no longer.
Why did you choose your username and avatar?  The first thing to pop into my head
What is your state of life - single
Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? New Zealand
Personality type? Melancholic
Favorite books? Too hard to define at present
Favorite movies? I have been a Tolkien fan since my youth so the Peter Jackson films are mine.  Also currently love Valerian the the Planet of a thousand cities
Favorite TV shows? yawn
Favorite sports/teams yawn
Have any hobbies? huge devotee of all things needle and thread, reading and book collecting
Pet peeves: folk leaving doors open when they were shut
Fun random fact about yourself: have sworn off sugar

Welcome to the forum! :)

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: PerEvangelicaDicta on September 03, 2018, 03:42:04 PM
Welcome, friend.

Or to paraphrase Tolkien...

Speak Friend and Enter. 

:):):)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace